Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Singapore
Favorite Beaches: Secret spots around Asia
Gear: Foil: Moses
Kite: Fone Breeze, Flysurfer Sonic FR
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Insta360 One R

Postby fun2kite » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:10 am

Thanks! Yes, I bought dive case right away ad it was a total disappointment as it is visible.

So I took the case off and tried without it. (of course worrying about the camera), but so far, the camera is ok. I do try not to fall while riding with it..

Here is a 360 degree test (must watch on mobile phone or a browser that supports 360 degree videos.

FB:
(FB can fully zoom out.. best view angle. Switch to 1600 resolution)

YouTube:
(Youtube you can zoom out a bit in full screen mode only. Switch to 4K resolution)

haiku wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:38 am
Hi, I used the Insta 360 One R without the dive case with the 4 K harness Mount. After the first kite session the camera was dead, no way to turn It on or even to charge It. Luckily I had It replaced and I bought a Dive Case for the 360 Mod and a vertical battery...what a mistake! The dive case base is visible even If I reframe the video so, I can only shot front or rear videos loosing all the magic of the invisible stick of the 4 K harness Mount. I'm so sad because the 360 video quality is excellent. So by now I will use my Insta on the kite lines but not in water anymore.

Cheers

Carlo

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:19 am

fun2kite, please be the director of your videos. 360 unedited/reframed videos suck badly for us watchers. Maybe you as video author have more fun watching those on every possible angle than us, random video watchers. So please at least reframe your videos what you like us to see in them in normal 16:9 video, instead of making us rotating video around trying to search something to watch, you video initial view is downwards to sea.

360 cameras are made for edit process re-framing, not end users to rotate videos aimlessly. So going back to acting as director, please direct our views where you want our attention to be.

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: North Kiteboarding, Moses Hydrofoil, Mystic, Indiana SUP
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding, Moses Hydrofoil, Mystic, Indiana SUP

Postby gmb13 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:22 am

I was not sure if I had posted this before, but it shows the One Rs Capabilities in low light and the quality of the sensor data.

--
Gunnar

Jeremey76
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Style: free ride big air
Gear: Core kites Lieuwe boards

Postby Jeremey76 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:28 am

nice Gunnar i got my one R twin edition yesterday trying it out for a session this weekend is there any tips you can give me i got a helmet with some sticky mount a selfy stick making a custom backmount at the moment and orderd the ugo line mount that shoul arive friday.

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:02 am

Jeremey76 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:28 am
nice Gunnar i got my one R twin edition yesterday trying it out for a session this weekend is there any tips you can give me i got a helmet with some sticky mount a selfy stick making a custom backmount at the moment and orderd the ugo line mount that shoul arive friday.
Here is Insta one x 360 test video mounted on my helmet. I've baseball cap type helmet so I've drilled camera mount screw through "visor" and use gopro camera mount adapter. You can see part of this std. adapter on visor of my helmet. Stabilization is great as you can see.

On other helmet without visor I use sticky mount, and from mount-side with screw, I've made short dyneema line to helmet's strap. So if "3M" sticker gives up, I still have the camera with me.

On gopro surf mount there is double stickers, but I still think putting again dyneema to hydrofoils front foot mount.

Helmet mount of Insta One X 360.

Board mount of same camera on same test session..
These users thanked the author joriws for the post:
Jeremey76 (Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:37 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

Return to “Kitesurfing”