Gear: Duotone Dice 6, 9, 12.
Duotone Clickbar 22-24
Duotone pro whip csc 5'2
Ride Engine 2019 Harness
Brand Affiliation: None

Gin Marabou - Single-surface Kite

Postby andikite » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:26 pm

Hi all,

Time to innovation? I have not seen any similar kite concept on the market. Big leading edge and single surface in trailing edge. After watching the promo video I could see that trailing edge lost the profile shape very easily, so in terms of performances it won't be the best one. In terms of light wind a full cell foil must be more powerful, so I have no clair what is the target of Gin with this kite.

Any comments?

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Rough and tumble
Gear: Ram air and single skin Foil kites. Long skis to truck, short skis to huck.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Ozone, GIN and HQ kites.
Has thanked: 0

Re: Gin Marabou - Single-surface Kite

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Mon May 04, 2020 11:50 am

Same general concept as the Shaman 3 or Peak 4 or Ozone Explore. Lightweight, compactable, durable easy to transport and possessing a broad wind range. But unlike the Shaman, Peak or Ozone, it has a closed cell leading edge to allow for water relaunch.

The Marabous I've sold have gone to people who want to travel light, just a couple kites and a split board.

RalfsB
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Beaches close to Riga, Latvia
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Ozone, Naish, HQ4, Gin; Boards: Gong and Alpine foil, Machado Moonbeam, a bunch of boards that I shaped
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Gin Marabou - Single-surface Kite

Postby RalfsB » Mon May 04, 2020 2:45 pm

It is not meant to be a performance kite but it is lot of fun and versatile. It is relatively fast-turning in comparison with other foil kites, light, easy launch, good wind range.

Return to “Kitesurfing”