Rare Poster
Local Beach: West Michigan
Style: Surf, Wakestyle, Freestyle, Freeride
Gear: North Reach, Pulse, and Carve
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: North Atmos or North Focus

Postby patternw » Tue May 12, 2020 2:39 am

Not sure if you've pulled the trigger on a purchase yet, but I'd be happy to help offer my advice. I've ridden all the Atmos and Focus in both constructions, and am partial to the Atmos in the standard construction. Sidenote - the Asylum is one of my favorite boards as well. I think you'll be happier overall with the Atmos coming from the Asylum, which is a decently fast freestyle board (comparatively). The Atmos releases from the water well (like the Asylum), drives upwind better, and lands soft for a flat and fast board. It will really allow you to do a variety of riding with it. Hope that helps!
These users thanked the author patternw for the post:
Ben505 (Fri May 15, 2020 12:29 am)
Rating: 8.33%

Ben505
Rare Poster
Gear: Switch, Cabrinha and Slingshot RPM
Been thanked: 0

Postby Ben505 » Fri May 15, 2020 12:27 am

Yeah, I am not fan of any brand. I buy anything that I feel comfortable riding. I have mostly Slingshot at the moment. But I did ride on Naish, Cabrinha and Switch kite gears before. Haven't tried Duotone or Core kites actually just because I have to change bar and lines as well.

Ben505
Rare Poster
Gear: Switch, Cabrinha and Slingshot RPM
Been thanked: 0

Postby Ben505 » Fri May 15, 2020 12:30 am

patternw wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:39 am
Not sure if you've pulled the trigger on a purchase yet, but I'd be happy to help offer my advice. I've ridden all the Atmos and Focus in both constructions, and am partial to the Atmos in the standard construction. Sidenote - the Asylum is one of my favorite boards as well. I think you'll be happier overall with the Atmos coming from the Asylum, which is a decently fast freestyle board (comparatively). The Atmos releases from the water well (like the Asylum), drives upwind better, and lands soft for a flat and fast board. It will really allow you to do a variety of riding with it. Hope that helps!
Thanks. I didn't make the purchase yet. Waiting to give Atmos a try. I like my Asylum, I am not giving it away. Will be good if I get something similar and just add a little on it.

mattaiken MYS NKB
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Toronto, ON. Canada
Style: Directional.Foil/Surf
Gear: North/Mystic
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding - Mystic Boarding

Postby mattaiken MYS NKB » Fri May 15, 2020 2:45 am

Ben505 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:30 am
patternw wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:39 am
Thanks. I didn't make the purchase yet. Waiting to give Atmos a try. I like my Asylum, I am not giving it away. Will be good if I get something similar and just add a little on it.
If you want to send me a DM on here I'll do my best to help you find a demo.

Return to “Kitesurfing”