Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Airush Ultra 12m as Main Kite for Twin-Tipping

Forum for kitesurfers
AdroVempo
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Minnesota: Lake Waconia, Medicine Lake, White Bear Lake.
Favorite Beaches: South Padre, Jamaica, Visakhapatnam (Vizag)
Style: Freeride
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Airush Ultra 12m as Main Kite for Twin-Tipping

Postby AdroVempo » Fri May 15, 2020 5:11 pm

downunder wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:52 pm
Just to clarify, u are concerned of jumping with Ultra and a water relaunch?
Concern with jumping - for near future when I'm ready to try jumping, hopefully this summer :(

Concern with water relaunch - current. However, this isn't a big concern in general because I'm good at it . Only that one time with the Ultra 15m, I struggled, and pulleys caught the wing tips, and all sorts of problems.

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Postby Windigo1 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:30 pm

AdroVempo wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:11 pm
downunder wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:52 pm
Just to clarify, u are concerned of jumping with Ultra and a water relaunch?
Concern with jumping - for near future when I'm ready to try jumping, hopefully this summer :(

Concern with water relaunch - current. However, this isn't a big concern in general because I'm good at it . Only that one time with the Ultra 15m, I struggled, and pulleys caught the wing tips, and all sorts of problems.
I own both 12m and 15m V1 Ultra they relaunch fine you need about 8 knots to relaunch. I often foil with them in almost no wind maybe 6 knots or less in the lulls and it won't relaunch until you have a gust but they relaunch as good as any inflatable kites. The jumping is definitively possible but it's not amazing. When you are very loaded they will flap and that takes away some of the turning speed. They won't rip you off the water like a C hybrid kite and since the kite it designed to drift it wont shoot forward so you will make a not too bad jump but go downwind more than on some other kites. The hangtime is decent!

AdroVempo
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Minnesota: Lake Waconia, Medicine Lake, White Bear Lake.
Favorite Beaches: South Padre, Jamaica, Visakhapatnam (Vizag)
Style: Freeride
Gear: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby AdroVempo » Fri May 15, 2020 5:42 pm

Windigo1 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:30 pm
They won't rip you off the water like a C hybrid kite and since the kite it designed to drift it wont shoot forward so you will make a not too bad jump but go downwind more than on some other kites. The hangtime is decent!
Thanks Windigo1. Since you mentioned "shooting forward" and "going downwind", how about their general ability to go upwind? I'm not talking jumping or anything, just riding upwind on a straight line. Whether it sits forward enough in the wind window.

Return to “Kitesurfing”