Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New model kite vs. old model (3-5 years)

Forum for kitesurfers
ACD2B
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands: Muiderberg/ Schellinkhout/ Ijmuiden
Favorite Beaches: Still to discover.
Style: Freeride/ Beginner
Gear: RRD Vission 12m, Slingshot Rally 2016 9m, RRD Bliss LTD 139/43, RRD global bar v8.2
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: New model kite vs. old model (3-5 years)

Postby ACD2B » Sun May 17, 2020 9:50 pm

knyfe wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:59 pm
Just buy used. Who cares if the kite is already that old. If it was not sold for such a long time then there typically is a reason for that. But I also don’t know that specific kite. Either brand new, last years model or used if you find the kite you like. For 800 you really should get last years kite - although not clear to see what actually will become a current year model with all the covid changes.

My thought. G
I would consider second hand, but can't find the right one anywhere (RRD passion/ vision 9m). decided to stay with one brand as i want to avoid mixing a kite brand and bar brand, although i did read that there is some compatibility - don't want to risk it with my 2nd kite purchase.

You do have a point that there is a reason it was not sold, but again it is for a beginner and at the time of release in 2016 the kite was already a model that was around for 6-7 years.

Return to “Kitesurfing”