Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2019 Trust bar swivel

Forum for kitesurfers
Si_B
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

2019 Trust bar swivel

Postby Si_B » Sun May 24, 2020 11:52 pm

I think this is called the “roto” head. How easily should this spin? Always wash my bar after every session but noticed on the water today it was really tight, to be honest it was my first day trying back rolls etc, so I’ve never really had to unwind my centre lines much before.

Simon

Blackened
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Style: Big Air, Airstyle
Gear: 2020 Rebels
23/24 Orbits

Re: 2019 Trust bar swivel

Postby Blackened » Mon May 25, 2020 5:13 am

Very easily. Probably just some sand you need to evacuate. Since I rotate or loop all the time, I notice fairly quickly when there's something in there. Usually it sorts itself with enough crashing :)

Si_B
Medium Poster

Postby Si_B » Mon May 25, 2020 1:53 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will just crash some more then !! Going to take out depower rope and have a look, like you say maybe something has got jammed in there.

Simon

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Tue May 26, 2020 12:38 am

Si_B wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:52 pm
I think this is called the “roto” head. How easily should this spin? Always wash my bar after every session but noticed on the water today it was really tight, to be honest it was my first day trying back rolls etc, so I’ve never really had to unwind my centre lines much before.

Simon
There are two spots that the iron heart rotates on.

The exposed ceramic bearing on the bottom and crude metal on plastic spot inside the square at the top where the lines attach.

It is like the latter that gets stiff. Some sand can get into it, usually just cleaning it out with water will free it up or on occasion a squirt of dry lubricant, you can remove a couple of grub screws to get inside it.

It should rotate very freely.

Good luck!

Si_B
Medium Poster

Postby Si_B » Tue May 26, 2020 5:19 am

It’s the square plastic part which has gone stiff. Spent some time running water over it and rotating and it seems better. Dropped the upper part out to look inside but you can’t really see anything. Maybe I just need to focus a bit more on that part when washing the bar, as I say I only noticed on the last session as after doing rotations I needed to untwist the centre lines and was surprised at how stiff it was.

Cheers
Simon

Return to “Kitesurfing”