Style: Freeride / Freestyle
Gear: Duotone Dice and Blanckforce Enduro
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Click Bar 2020 - Switching Bar Beam size M for size S

Postby Konstantinkroeger » Mon May 25, 2020 1:00 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a pretty specific question concerning my 2020 Click Bar from Duotone. I´ve used the forums search function and saw that there is a few threads about it already but none that answers my question really.

So I own the 2020 Click Bar in size M and I´m happy with it so far. The only thing I kind of regret is not buying it in size S instead. My idea to solve this for me was to:

A: Swap the bar with someone that has the same problem but the other way around or
B: To buy a spare plain bar beam in size S and exchange it with my bar beam.

Since I haven´t found someone to swap with, the idea of buying the spare plain bar beam grew on me.

To figure out if this is actually possible I wanted to ask here if anybody knows if all other parts of the Click bar are the exact same and that a switch with a small bar beam is therefore no problem.
From what I could tell by browsing the DKB spare parts website and reading the specifications it looks like no other spare parts distinguish between the size of the Click Bar.

The only thing I can think of of the top of my head is the different default line lenght of 22m compared to of 20m with the small size. This wouldn´t really bother me though since I never fly 20m lines anyways.

If someone has had both sizes and disassembled them I would be super happy for a quick reaction on whether I´m on the safe side here or forgot about smth. important that prevents me from being able to switch the different size beams easily.

Thanks in advance,
Konstantin

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Re: Click Bar 2020 - Switching Bar Beam size M for size S

Postby Leon van Bergen » Mon May 25, 2020 1:46 pm

You want to buy a product from Duotone so if you have any questions about it you can contact Duotone?
Also your steering lines will no longer have the correct length, you will also have to replace them.
Last edited by Leon van Bergen on Mon May 25, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Mon May 25, 2020 1:52 pm

just a simple thought...why not sell your current bar and buy a new (or old year model) back in S. Quite sure the difference in cash will be less than the plain bar beam and a whole lot less hassle.
These users thanked the author Kitemenn for the post (total 2):
Leon van Bergen (Mon May 25, 2020 1:54 pm) • cor (Tue May 26, 2020 11:00 am)
Rating: 6.06%

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Leon van Bergen » Mon May 25, 2020 1:59 pm

Agree with Kitemenn, i see a new bar beam will cost you $199.95 and then new lower steering lines? Sell yours if necessary for $200 less or maybe less and buy a new one!

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Mon May 25, 2020 2:56 pm

Leon van Bergen wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:46 pm
You want to buy a product from Duotone so if you have any questions about it you can contact Duotone?
Also your steering lines will no longer have the correct length, you will also have to replace them.
You would have to buy a different pair of rear leader lines in addition to the bar.

You might be able to adjust the pigtails on the rear lines instead.
170DF4CD-FEF4-4E4A-8C41-356C4EF4F3F5.png
These users thanked the author purdyd for the post:
Leon van Bergen (Mon May 25, 2020 3:50 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Foil » Tue May 26, 2020 8:05 am

surely a good kite board shop will part x your bar set for a the shorter bar set,
here in the uk, board worx have the 2 bar types in stock, and some sets in near new condition, I have just bought a 3 month old example.

I would avoid your first suggestion, unless of course if you are the type who loves a good challenge, I have taken the Click bar apart many times now, and removed all the internal lines and disassembled all the tiny parts along the way, it's not for the faint-hearted, but if you have good diy skills then why not? maybe take a good hour to complete.
and you do need to take photos of the break down sequence.(it is easy after practice)

maybe just adjusting the pigtails hidden in each bar float will let you get away with buying new leader lines, I don't know for sure, but it makes sense as your moving from long to short bar and not the other way round which may not allow room as the adjuster knots may then foul the room around the bar end machinery.

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Tue May 26, 2020 1:53 pm

Foil wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:05 am
surely a good kite board shop will part x your bar set for a the shorter bar set,
here in the uk, board worx have the 2 bar types in stock, and some sets in near new condition, I have just bought a 3 month old example.

I would avoid your first suggestion, unless of course if you are the type who loves a good challenge, I have taken the Click bar apart many times now, and removed all the internal lines and disassembled all the tiny parts along the way, it's not for the faint-hearted, but if you have good diy skills then why not? maybe take a good hour to complete.
and you do need to take photos of the break down sequence.(it is easy after practice)

maybe just adjusting the pigtails hidden in each bar float will let you get away with buying new leader lines, I don't know for sure, but it makes sense as your moving from long to short bar and not the other way round which may not allow room as the adjuster knots may then foul the room around the bar end machinery.

There are no pig tails hidden in the bar floats on a click bar.

You just have leader lines pictured above.

The problem is that the left leader line goes through the bar so if you use a 49cm rear leader line set on the 42cm bar, the left leader line will be longer.

The place to adjust that would be at the kite end. Since the rear pigtails are knots and you get several sizes with a click bar, you could even them out by shortening the left rear pigtail.

I personally don’t think disassembly and assembly of the click bar is all that hard. I just did it yesterday, and replaced the rear leader lines on my 2018 click bar. The only tricky part is getting the spool back together.

Return to “Kitesurfing”