Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best jump machine (board) for big air?

Forum for kitesurfers
Flyingseb
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: La Torche, France
Style: Jumps, curves, speed
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic2 15/11m, North Dyno 17m, Duotone Rebel 15/12/10m, OR Mako board, Homemade TT and Tiki
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best jump machine (board) for big air?

Postby Flyingseb » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:43 pm

Again, Thank you all for all these board recommendations, now that is a real eye opener for me.
Time to choose one, then no excuses for not reaching expectations

bigboes
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 195 lbs
Local Beach: Waddell
Favorite Beaches: Waddell
Style: Twintip / Surf
Gear: Nomad, Crazyfly LTD, Naish Monarch, Naish Pivot, OR Mako, Core XR5, Slingshot Turbine, Cabrinha Contra, LF Solo, Litewave Xwing, Slingshot Mixer, Flysurfer flyrace/razor, Sector, Underground raceboard, Cabrinha Tronic, Best Roca
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby bigboes » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:37 am

nothing2seehere wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:12 pm
Get a Ten Kiteboarding 'The Mark'. The extra heelside fin makes all the difference in controlling the power. Easy. Topic done.

https://ten-kiteboarding.com/the-mark/

However - you might get bigger gains by getting an advanced lesson or two? Boards make a difference but skill makes a bigger difference
Are there any reviews of this board (Ten Mark)? I would love to get a review or comparison of it! I wonder how the design compares to deep single concave boards like Nomad.

Also, for the OP, if you enjoyed the Mako and want to get the same grippy feel from the board without sacrificing speed/comfort/pop, I would suggest the regular Nomad TT. I just got a Nomad TT and it has worked the best for me in the less than ideal, directly-onshore wind, ocean/choppy conditions I normally ride in. I would agree that you could go big on all boards, but some boards are just easier to jump big in crappy conditions.

vol
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa Spain
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa Spain, Prassonisi Rhodes, Brazil Taiba-Cumbucu-Paracuru
Style: hydrofoil, bigair, freestyle
Gear: Saul Custom Boards

Postby vol » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:50 am

No doubt, made for bigair

These users thanked the author vol for the post (total 2):
Flyingseb (Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:57 am) • a99 (Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:48 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

Kerplow
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 64 Kg
Local Beach: EU
Style: Allrounder
Gear: North Reach 13, 11
North Orbit 10, 8, 6
North Focus 136+boots
North Atmos 133
Duotone Team 134
Duotone Whip 5'2

Postby Kerplow » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:21 pm

Baptiste_FR wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:28 am
Blackened wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:02 am
Duotone - Jaime == ridden by most of the Duotone riders in KOTA (others used the TS) (Lasse was on a 139x42 and I think Reno was on a 136)
North - Atmos == ridden by Marc and Nick (138x41 for both Marc and Nick)
Cabrinha - Ace == ridden by Nick when he was at Cabrinha
Naish - Monarch == ridden by RDP, Ewan, & Kevin (when he was at Naish on a 134cm)
Crazyfly - Raptor Extreme == ridden by Posito
They're all very good boards and I tried most of them (except the Ace). They all have a good pop and good upwind ability.
A few years back, i would have bought one of these boards (or equivalent in other brand), but now, I prefer a board with a little bit more flex. I know the Duotone Jaime pretty well and the board is fast, explosive but stiff. And during a 3 hours session, at the end it becomes uncomfortable. Today I would buy a "Duotone Select" type of board with is a little bit less "high performance" but so comfy and cut trough chop like butter. And you can still jump really good.
Sorry, I don't agree. Last summer I owned Jaime, Select and TS. Select is a fast and really comfy board, but there is little pop in it. Same conditions - went out with 2020 Select, came back took 2019 TS. According Woo it was around +2meters on my jumps.
Anyway, anyone knows a board like Jaime/TS but with much more flex?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:36 pm

Flyingseb wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:43 pm
Again, Thank you all for all these board recommendations, now that is a real eye opener for me.
Time to choose one, then no excuses for not reaching expectations
For me this is pretty easy: Naish Monarch. If I go for a jumping session it usually needs to be quite windy and that, in my spot and most spots, means a lot of chop. For me the monarch cuts through it and lets me stay in control in way higher speeds than any other TT I have ridden....and as you know speed is key to going high. Monarch is my favorite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”