Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

GPS tracker for travel kiteboard bag?

Forum for kitesurfers
DariKite
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Gear: Kite: 12mt Liquid Force - WOW 2016 ; 9mt Cabrinha SwitchBlade 2017
Board: Cabrinha Ace 2016 ; Wainmann Hawaii Passport 5'7" ; F-One Mitu Pro Convertible 2016 (Hydrofoil/Surf)
Bar: Cabrinha - Overdrive 1x 2014 49cm-57cm
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: GPS tracker for travel kiteboard bag?

Postby DariKite » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:52 am

Toby wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:38 pm
If there are technical solutions to track your bag, I will do it.

Lost 6000 Euro, got 1500 back from insurance. What a joke.

If you ever had that happened, you will get very nervous each time your bag is delayed...and that happened already 5 times to me.
Then you will be more relaxed and can speed up the process of recovering it if you can show the customer service where your bag is!

And specially now with my gear that is very special and I can't buy anymore, I am even more nervous.

I wish you good luck that you never will loose a bag.
I'm sure there are solutions. We just need to find them. I wish you good luck too! And everyone else. It must be heartbreaking to miss a bag the first day of your trip so we need to be prepared.
These users thanked the author DariKite for the post:
Toby (Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:50 am)
Rating: 8.33%

Diego Gama
Rare Poster
Weight: 95
Local Beach: Turku
Favorite Beaches: Copacabana
Style: all around
Gear: Duotone

Postby Diego Gama » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:44 pm

Bro, better is always make a travel insurance where it will be covered in case is stolen. I do this when travel.
I think if you have a gps when and someone stolen your bag and you identify where is it, can be the case that the police will do nothing because they can’t though and you’ll be very frustrated with the situation and without your kites. In Brazil for example my car was stolen and I could identify the car with my mobile GPS (that was in the car) I showed to the police where my car was with the robbers and they cant do do nothing. Maybe in some other country they are allowed to go there and check but to avoid any kind of headache just pay an insurance and you will avoid a lot of problems and time wasted on your trip.

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dave_5280 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:22 am

Never had a kite bag stollen but had a nice looking scuba gear bag get sliced open and someone told me thieves do that so they can reach in and feel around for expensive regulators to steal. I was only carrying snorkel gear in the bag so they didn’t steal it but hated having a new bag ruined. A friend told me he never uses nice looking bags to avoid attracting thieves. I’ve thought about getting a split board so all the gear could go in regular bags instead of a kite bag, but have been worried about board performance and cost.

I think trackers use WiFi, cell, or satellite signals. Spot satellite gps advertising has mentioned someone getting their stolen motorcycle back after leaving a spot on it. Not sure if LoJack for cars has anything that would work.

Not sure if there are any fake trackers that might help - blinking light type of thing or tags.

Return to “Kitesurfing”