Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Help - Compatible? 20m vs 22m Lower Flying Line Set Click Bar

Forum for kitesurfers
CALencioni
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Alameda, CA
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana, Sherman Island, Kite Beach Maui, Alameda, Coyote, 3rd
Gear: North Neos, Blade Fat Lady, Nobile XTR
Brand Affiliation: None

Help - Compatible? 20m vs 22m Lower Flying Line Set Click Bar

Postby CALencioni » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:06 pm

Hello,

I knicked the lower front flying lines on my 22/24(Large) Clickbar and need to replace them.

The 22M variants are out of stock, but the 20M variants are in stock: https://shop.duotonesports.com/en-gb/li ... 4900--8157

Do you think I can run the 20M line set and just run 2M extensions on the flying lines and remove the 2M extensions on the steering lines?

Otherwise I was going to buy a set of these buy they're really expensive: https://kiteboardinglines.com/collectio ... 4528948296

Jpbarnlight
Rare Poster
Local Beach: NJ
Gear: Naish
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Help- Compatible?: 20M vs 22M Lower Flying Line Set Click Bar

Postby Jpbarnlight » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:54 pm

I just bought a set of those lines and used them for the first time yesterday.

Had him custom build me a set without all the V connections and use shorter depower line.

Super slick and streamline, sounds crazy but I could notice an immediate difference when I launched my kite yesterday.

Everything felt lighter and more responsive, I wouldn’t have believed it could make that much difference.

I bought the set because my main depowerline was starting to fray. Zero regrets spending the $$$.

CALencioni
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Alameda, CA
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana, Sherman Island, Kite Beach Maui, Alameda, Coyote, 3rd
Gear: North Neos, Blade Fat Lady, Nobile XTR

Re: Help- Compatible?: 20M vs 22M Lower Flying Line Set Click Bar

Postby CALencioni » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:20 am

Anyone?

321kiteboarding
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral
Favorite Beaches: Cocoa Beach
Style: Wake, Big Air, new school
Brand Affiliation: Best, North, Flexifoil
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Help - Compatible? 20m vs 22m Lower Flying Line Set Click Bar

Postby 321kiteboarding » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:00 am

Hello, first off, we have the line sets you need in stock. https://321kiteboarding.com/products/du ... -bar-lines

To answer your question though, if you simply add the 2m extensions to the Upper line set for Click bar (20m) set, it will not measure up properly. That is because you have the set meant for the 22/24m bar. The lower set is a certain length and the uppers match. It wouldn't be so much that you couldn't compensate with pigtail adjustment, but it would be off.

Let me know if we can help in any way

Return to “Kitesurfing”