Forum for kitesurfers
leibfce
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kiteloop Help!

Postby leibfce » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:22 pm

I'm starting to get into Megaloops. Landing about half of them smooth. The other times I start into a little bit of a rotation on the way down as the kite is moving back up overhead. It's usually only 60-90 degrees, so not enough to tuck and fully spin. Curious if I should preemptively adjust for the rotation before the loop pulls, or is it more to do with kite position when starting the loop. Maybe trying keeping my chest facing downwind until I put down the landing gear will help? TIA

Blackened
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Style: Big Air, Airstyle
Gear: 2020 Rebels
2020 Orbits

Re: Kiteloop Help!

Postby Blackened » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:41 am

I used to do something similar. It can be induced by a variety of factors, but for me it was overflying the kite prior to pulling the loop. It manifested as a half frontroll when the kite was on the way up as it was pulling a little off to the side rather than straight in front.

Not sure if this is your problem, but it's an issue I had. Other problems I had were simply being slightly off balance during takeoff or launching from a wave that multiplied during the loop.

Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kiteloop Help!

Postby Herman » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:53 am

Pushing your shoulders and thighs back to thrust the harness forward will result in a turning moment from your hook about the axis through your CofG that realigns you with the direction of pull. Obviously not useful if it causes a loss of balance or control getting into that position, however, it might be something to experiment with in normal jumps to see if the effect could become useful to you as your looping style develops.

Return to “Kitesurfing”