Weight: 190lbs
Local Beach: Belmont Shore / CA
Gear: Still looking for gear.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Flysurfer 6 vs Litewave Wing

Postby appelton » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:53 am

I am in the search for lightwind board that is more lively than usual coffe tables like Cabrinha Stylus and Slingshot Glide...something that is a little bit more fun and go through a little bit of chop.

So far I am down to
Flysurfer Flydoor 6

and
Litewave Wing

anyone had a chance to try both of them ? A lot of people seem to love Litewave Wing but there is very little info on the Flydoor.

knyfe
Frequent Poster

Re: Flysurfer 6 vs Litewave Wing

Postby knyfe » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:57 am

I own doors for the last 15 years and they are great. I tested a wing a while ago from Dave and really liked that too. So hard to really tell differences as it’s not done with a single ride head to head in one condition as you need to cover a wide range of conditions to see the pro and cons of each board. Especially the light wind boards. Hard choice for sure.

Nem0
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rectalcity
Favorite Beaches: Hörnum on the island Sylt (West- and Eastcoast)
Gear: 18-12-9-6m Flysurfer Soul + 133x42 ZERO-G + Spleene CarbonPro Monsterdoor

Postby Nem0 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:49 am

I used the old real big Flydoor from Flysurfer.
The new one was too small for me.
So I switched to this one...
https://www.spleene-kiteboarding.com/ca ... kiteboard/
Incredible light! 🤩

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 68kg
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards
Freeride Twintip

Postby Da Yoda » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:09 pm

Duotone has something new for 2020 that may be worth a look.
https://www.duotonesports.com/kiteboard ... -textreme/

I've also heard some good things about Shinn's Superking Type C 160
https://shinnworld.com/products/superking

My only gripe with the Wing is the tips would hang-up on me when doing some tricks. Other than that it's a great board, especially if it gets choppy. If you go with the Wing, I'd recommend spending the extra cash and getting the carbon version. It really makes a noticeable difference, especially in the 165 size. :thumb:
Last edited by Da Yoda on Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skywalker7
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sostó
Favorite Beaches: Ulcinj
Style: Freeride
Gear: I have 14 kites, covering most of the major brands.

Postby Skywalker7 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:28 pm

I rode the Flydoor 6 and the Flydoor 5 and Spleene doors and Spleene Session and Carbon session 145x46 as well.
The Flydoor 6 has a slightly bigger rocker then the flydoor 5 and as well the Spleene Doors. So far the Flydoor 6 is my favorite lightwind door yet. More fun to ride, no spray water in the eyes, and got very nice channels what definitely helps in choppy water.

HALF
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 88
Gear: 9m Cabrinha Radar (2016), 12m Reedin Supermodel, 12m Cabrinha Convert(2010), 9m Flysurfer Speed5(2017), 14m Airush Ultra v2 (2019), 15m Flysurfer Soul(2018), 19m Spleene X(2010)

Postby HALF » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:49 am

Flydoor6 was the best lightwind board i owned, i sold it to force myself to learn directional strapless, and i still regret it.

nixmatters
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Postby nixmatters » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:21 am

+1 for the Spleene Carbon Session. In size 54 (154 x 47 cm) it works like a door (I'm <80kg and don't need a 160 door), but at the same time isn't, as it has symmetrically positioned fins and pads. Cuts through chop damn good, like driving a car with active suspension.
And weighs a mere 2,3kg naked (vs 2,75 Duotone Spike Textreme in the same size).
The textured carbon look is sick!
Disclaimer: no affiliation to Spleene and I don't (yet) own one, but definitely planning to.

appelton
Rare Poster
Weight: 190lbs
Local Beach: Belmont Shore / CA
Gear: Still looking for gear.
Been thanked: 0

Postby appelton » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:40 pm

Da Yoda wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:09 pm
Duotone has something new for 2020 that may be worth a look.
https://www.duotonesports.com/kiteboard ... -textreme/

I've also heard some good things about Shinn's Superking Type C 160
https://shinnworld.com/products/superking

My only gripe with the Wing is the tips would hang-up on me when doing some tricks. Other than that it's a great board, especially if it gets choppy. If you go with the Wing, I'd recommend spending the extra cash and getting the carbon version. It really makes a noticeable difference, especially in the 165 size. :thumb:
That's true DUOTONE SPIKE TEXTREME looks absolutely sick. Superlightweight, great shape. If it was only a little bit cheaper :/ I wonder if there is anyone here who has tried it. '

As for the SHINN SUPERKING - I've also heard great things about it...but it seems like this board is not available in the US at all. After some more research I've found a board pretty similar to SUPERKING.
Seems like F-ONE has released their first LW board - the BIG ONE. It has parabolic outline, double concave. Looks really similar to SUPERKING.

Tony in FL
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Gear: Cabrinha 7M/8M/10M/11M/14M Switchblade and 15M Contra.

Postby Tony in FL » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:38 pm

I had a Cabrinha Stylus as my first lightwind board. My girlfriend was in the market for her own lightwind board so she wanted to try different boards out - which is a good idea before making a purchase. Litewave Dave was doing a demo in Florida and we both tried one of his wings. Shortly thereafter we picked up a new 155 and 165 Carbon Wing from a local shop and I sold my Cabrinha Stylus. We have gotten tons of use out of those boards on light wind days in Florida. Not only is that board a session saver but I boost, backroll, and ride toeside with it. I have had a lot of light wind fun on my Wing. :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”