Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ocean Rodeo Aluua backstalling

Forum for kitesurfers
Pana
Medium Poster
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:46 am
Local Beach: Lake Champlain, Baie des Brises.
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete, Silver Sands, Paracuru
Style: Smooth
Gear: Ozone Enduro 6-7-8-9-10-12-14
Nomad wave TT 140-40/ 143-42.5/ 153-43
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Qué./ Canada
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Ocean Rodeo Aluua backstalling

Postby Pana » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:00 am

ORSales wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:56 pm
Hi guys.

I’m sorry. I’ve not been logged in here as much as I used to as we work to get the Aluula kites produced and shipped.

Quick update:
- OP, if you emailed us and didn’t get a response I’m sorry. Please email sales@ and todd@oceanrodeo.com and we will sort you out.
- your deposit is fully refundable if placed on our website
- all kites with deposits on them should ship in the next 2 weeks. We have 10 & 12 Roams as well as 12 and 14.5 Flites shipping to all reserved customers this week (July 27-31) and all other sizes the week of Aug 3.
- if your local retailer has open orders with us but if you’ve not placed a deposit, those orders will be fulfilled to those dealers on a first in first out basis with deliveries weekly between now and end of September.

We are so stoked to get these kites out to our consumers and truly appreciate the patience. As another member said, supply chain has been a challenge with Covid but our team is incredible and have all been working so hard to get this product launch off successfully. Truly a great team effort.

See you on the water!

John Z
Thanks for the update, nice to hear it from the horses mouth ! I am sure a lot of people will appreciate the info and it will help with the patience.

I guess not everybody understood the pun with back order turning in to backstalling, in this day and age of likes and twitter short comments the marketing title is king and....it got the ball rolling.

Hope to see a thread of comments when the kites finally get delivered.

Cheers

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1945
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:18 pm
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Prodigy, 9.5m Prodigy, 12m Prodigy , 12m Flite, 17m Flite. Crazyfly Raptor Pro Neon, Shinnster,
Mako Duke.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Ocean Rodeo Aluua backstalling

Postby matth » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:50 pm

Pana wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:00 pm
Did the reservation thing and now just waiting.... delivery date has been pushed back twice (already). Wrote directly to OR and did not get a reply. The production/delivery process is backstalling and OR is not letting out any info on their issues. These will be my first kites with this company and my relationship with the brand is not to a good start. I know it’s Covid time, the reviews on the kites have been good but review on the communication process of delivery is poor. Time for some damage control on their reputation ?

Half the kiting season has passed, didn't think I was ordering 2021 model kites.

Your thoughts ? Anybody out there that has some ´intel’ to share ?

Ocean Rodeos customer service is second to none IMO...Great company , solid products, very accessible..

User avatar
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2081
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Weight: 80kg, 1.76m
Local Beach: 50.7805° N, 0.8959° W (UK South Coast)
Style: This 'n that
Gear: Enduro V2 7m/9m/12m
Ocean Rodeo Flite 14.5m Aluula
Lieuwe Shotgun 136 x 40.5
Lieuwe Shotgun 138 x 42
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 295 times
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: Ocean Rodeo Aluua backstalling

Postby iriejohn » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:52 pm

Pana wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:00 am
ORSales wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:56 pm
Hi guys.

I’m sorry. I’ve not been logged in here as much as I used to as we work to get the Aluula kites produced and shipped.

Quick update:
- OP, if you emailed us and didn’t get a response I’m sorry. Please email sales@ and todd@oceanrodeo.com and we will sort you out.
- your deposit is fully refundable if placed on our website
- all kites with deposits on them should ship in the next 2 weeks. We have 10 & 12 Roams as well as 12 and 14.5 Flites shipping to all reserved customers this week (July 27-31) and all other sizes the week of Aug 3.
- if your local retailer has open orders with us but if you’ve not placed a deposit, those orders will be fulfilled to those dealers on a first in first out basis with deliveries weekly between now and end of September.

We are so stoked to get these kites out to our consumers and truly appreciate the patience. As another member said, supply chain has been a challenge with Covid but our team is incredible and have all been working so hard to get this product launch off successfully. Truly a great team effort.

See you on the water!

John Z
Thanks for the update, nice to hear it from the horses mouth ! I am sure a lot of people will appreciate the info and it will help with the patience.

I guess not everybody understood the pun with back order turning in to backstalling, in this day and age of likes and twitter short comments the marketing title is king and....it got the ball rolling.

Hope to see a thread of comments when the kites finally get delivered.

Cheers
It's good to know that your comments here galvanised Ocean Rodeo into action to expedite the delivery of Aluula kites during the global Covid-19 pandemic.

Maybe. ;)
These users thanked the author iriejohn for the post:
RidingRobi (Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:09 am)
Rating: 8.33%

Pana
Medium Poster
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:46 am
Local Beach: Lake Champlain, Baie des Brises.
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete, Silver Sands, Paracuru
Style: Smooth
Gear: Ozone Enduro 6-7-8-9-10-12-14
Nomad wave TT 140-40/ 143-42.5/ 153-43
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Qué./ Canada
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Ocean Rodeo Aluua backstalling

Postby Pana » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:46 am

I don’t believe that, the objective is to get a clear statement on delivery timing because the delivery date was pushed back twice.

User avatar
PinkDuotonePride
Rare Poster
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:28 pm
Local Beach: Kite Beach Cabo Verde
Style: Fabulous
Gear: Core
Brand Affiliation: Duotone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ocean Rodeo Aluua backstalling

Postby PinkDuotonePride » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:44 pm

It's time folk came clean on the whole Alula problem...

Pana
Medium Poster
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:46 am
Local Beach: Lake Champlain, Baie des Brises.
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete, Silver Sands, Paracuru
Style: Smooth
Gear: Ozone Enduro 6-7-8-9-10-12-14
Nomad wave TT 140-40/ 143-42.5/ 153-43
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Qué./ Canada
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Ocean Rodeo Aluua backstalling

Postby Pana » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:01 pm

PinkDuotonePride wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:44 pm
It's time folk came clean on the whole Alula problem...
From a guy stating a brand affiliation you would expect a bit more clarity above whole & problem. Are you talking delay or something else worth sharing ?

Pana
Medium Poster
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:46 am
Local Beach: Lake Champlain, Baie des Brises.
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete, Silver Sands, Paracuru
Style: Smooth
Gear: Ozone Enduro 6-7-8-9-10-12-14
Nomad wave TT 140-40/ 143-42.5/ 153-43
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Qué./ Canada
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Ocean Rodeo Aluua backstalling

Postby Pana » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:26 pm

Pana wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:46 am
I don’t believe that, the objective is to get a clear statement on delivery timing because the delivery date was pushed back twice.
Update after a few private xchanges with OR sales;

It appears that part of the statement they made is not quite true. Not ALL reservd kites will be sent this week as per the xample my 12 m Roam that is to be sent in 2 to 3 weeks. Hope OR will clarify their post as they mentionned to me they would do.

I understand the sqeeze, timing and priority to deliver, and also appreciate the direct follow up offered (with options to change kites to a model readily available, good moove) but once again it appears the delivery date is....

Just hope they are not sending trough the port of montreal, that are on strike !

User avatar
Pierrot
Medium Poster
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:07 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 80
Gear: Aluula Roam 10m, North neo 10m, 7m, 5m
Hydrofoil Ketos,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Contact:

Re: Ocean Rodeo Aluua backstalling

Postby Pierrot » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:20 pm

Quick update,
OR noticed my post on upcoming trip to the Magdalen Islands (departure next week :-)
They contacted me in on the forum, confirmed the order with my local dealer and delivered my Aluula Roam 10m directly on my door step (!!!!) to be certain I'd have it for the trip.

This is what I would call outstanding customer service :thumb:
These users thanked the author Pierrot for the post:
zlatko23 (Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:42 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

MrValle
Rare Poster
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:26 am
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 83kg
Local Beach: Miami
Favorite Beaches: Prea, Tarifa
Style: freeride / foil
Gear: Slingshot RPM, waiting for my Ocean Rodeo Aluula
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ocean Rodeo Aluua backstalling

Postby MrValle » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:38 pm

Pierrot wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:20 pm
Quick update,
OR noticed my post on upcoming trip to the Magdalen Islands (departure next week :-)
They contacted me in on the forum, confirmed the order with my local dealer and delivered my Aluula Roam 10m directly on my door step (!!!!) to be certain I'd have it for the trip.

This is what I would call outstanding customer service :thumb:
Hello OR! I am going to Magdalen Islands too!!! or at least I wish!! :lol:

User avatar
GregK
Frequent Poster
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:22 am
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Comox, BC
CANADA
Style: Hydrofoil mostly
Gear: Lift 170 Fish & 110 wingsets, 32" strut
Ocean Rodeo & BRM kites
Brand Affiliation: Comox Kite Repair
http://www.comoxkiterepair.ca
Location: Comox, BC CANADA
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 36 times
Contact:

Re: Ocean Rodeo Aluua backstalling

Postby GregK » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:22 pm

Pierrot wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:20 pm
Quick update ... This is what I would call outstanding customer service :thumb:
Matches my experience with OR too, definitely the best customer service in the business.

Looking forward to a report after you're back from your trip - guessing you'll change the title of this thread after flying your gold Roam.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exal, Google [Bot] and 23 guests