Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish 2021

Forum for kitesurfers
matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish 2021

Postby matth » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:28 pm

SurfboY wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:45 am
It's probably written here somewhere, but what is the difference between Pivot and Pivot LE?
Just the graphics.....I had my 12m skulls and bones out yesterday and got lots of comments... :D :D :D

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:20 pm

matth wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:28 pm

Just the graphics.....I had my 12m skulls and bones out yesterday and got lots of comments... :D :D :D
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
dayymm I gotta get my shit together and order some.

surfkite25
Rare Poster
Gear: dice

Postby surfkite25 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:13 pm

Has anyone tried the traverse yet?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:49 pm

surfkite25 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:13 pm
I had my mind all set on the monarch, but then I saw the video on the traverse. I am now 60/40 towards the traverse. Dammit. It's hard to make up my mind.

UrosR
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Gear: All Naish

Postby UrosR » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:16 am

who has a new pivot 2021 ??? Can you measure the bridle. please.

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dirk » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:31 am

tautologies wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:49 pm
surfkite25 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:13 pm
I had my mind all set on the monarch, but then I saw the video on the traverse. I am now 60/40 towards the traverse. Dammit. It's hard to make up my mind.
I thought about that as well in the 152 size to replace my 145 Hero, which I used as a light wind board and which my son unfortunately lost. The Naish guys here in Germany said that I should stay with the Hero for the light wind purpose, as the Traverse has even more rocker. The Hero uses that same rocker line as the Motion and in 145 it already is a banana. Interestingly it works well for my weight in light winds and is super smooth in chop which I have quite often when I ride on the river.
Sounds to me that this will be quite different to a Monarch and that one has to definitely size up.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:15 pm

Dirk wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:31 am

I thought about that as well in the 152 size to replace my 145 Hero, which I used as a light wind board and which my son unfortunately lost. The Naish guys here in Germany said that I should stay with the Hero for the light wind purpose, as the Traverse has even more rocker. The Hero uses that same rocker line as the Motion and in 145 it already is a banana. Interestingly it works well for my weight in light winds and is super smooth in chop which I have quite often when I ride on the river.
Sounds to me that this will be quite different to a Monarch and that one has to definitely size up.
Yeah for sure I am sizing up. I was also told it is quite different from the monarch, but hey I really like the new skater and it couldn't more different from my all time favorite the global. Hahaha.
I am only getting one TT tho. I just do not ride them enough to warrant having multiple. I really liked the explanation and thought behind the board. It is definitely not going to be a lightwind board for me so I am not worried about that part.

My thoughts on TTs have been kind of disproven lately as they just keep on getting better. The amount of rocker and length that is still viable as great boards for powered riding has me rethinking a lot of stuff I guess. I remember the 100cm days when the only way you could hold power was having a tiny board. The traverse looks awesome. But so does the Monarch. :thumb: :thumb:

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:26 pm

SurfboY wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:45 am
It's probably written here somewhere, but what is the difference between Pivot and Pivot LE?
The LE is the the Black Pirate model.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,

Postby clint2070 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:46 pm

riddim1 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:23 am
clint2070 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:30 am
Ive only flown my 12m so far ! Im in love with not ! Ive been on the Slash for the past 4 years and love them but I think Im sticking to the pivots this year and the Boxers for foiling and as my ultra light wind surf kite. I couldn't get the LE version so I got the blue and orange colors. I get a lot of compliments on the blue but I prefer the orange. my 16m Boxer seems to turn a lot faster this year ! I don't see how they accomplished that without loosing low end but they did !
Hey Clint,

Would be interested in your thoughts on the S25 Pivots in the surf on a directional. Like you, Ive been on the Slash for the past 4 years as they’re a bit more forgiving on my bottom/top turns i.e. doesn’t pull me off my edge.
Would consider a switch back to pivots if this new bridal setting seems better for the surf.
Cheers.
I feel its just as good in on shore/side on wave riding. The Slash for me excels in side/side off and Im not able to really travel to those destinations much now. I was in Vietnam in march ( Love it so much I want to move there ) and I decided to ride my Monarch and 10m Slash in 35mph and The Slash was Launching me just like the Pivot but my landings weren't so soft. I suck on a TT and rarely ride mine but its fun to jump sometimes and the Pivot is easier on my 50yr old knees. Im keeping my 12m & 10m Slashes but I've moved back to the pivots. I like upgrading my kites and bars every year and the Pivots sell instantly which drastically reduces my cost of kite gear every year. Surf kites have always been hard to re sell. I have a BWS Noise original version 6m that I cant even sell for $50 ! :lol: My Quiver this year 16m Boxer,S25 Pivot 12,10,7, 2018 12m Slash,2017 10m Slash. I probably should have gotten the s25 8m pivot instead of the 7 if that bridle adjustment really works. I live in San Diego, The light wind capitol of the world so testing out that bridle adjustment might not happen for a while.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster

Postby clint2070 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:56 pm

tautologies wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:15 pm
Dirk wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:31 am
I was thinking the same. I’m 230lbs and can ride my 138 Monarch in solid 14mph but i was thinking the Traverse would be better in light wind. Maybe i should get the 142 monarch for light wind.

Yeah for sure I am sizing up. I was also told it is quite different from the monarch, but hey I really like the new skater and it couldn't more different from my all time favorite the global. Hahaha.
I am only getting one TT tho. I just do not ride them enough to warrant having multiple. I really liked the explanation and thought behind the board. It is definitely not going to be a lightwind board for me so I am not worried about that part.

My thoughts on TTs have been kind of disproven lately as they just keep on getting better. The amount of rocker and length that is still viable as great boards for powered riding has me rethinking a lot of stuff I guess. I remember the 100cm days when the only way you could hold power was having a tiny board. The traverse looks awesome. But so does the Monarch. :thumb: :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”