Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish 2021

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish 2021

Postby tautologies » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:16 pm

On the pivots...the bridle adjustments soften the kite up considerably. Like making the pivot a lot better for foiling.

Edit: The 8 is killer.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Traverse 152

Postby tautologies » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:18 pm

Peder_w wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:07 pm
Have anybody tryed it out?
Looking for a fun board during the lighter conditions.

Would be nice with some reports :)
Which board are you referring to? :-)

Peder_w
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 83
Local Beach: West coast of Sweden
Style: Freeride
Gear: Swithblade 2020 and RRD Board
Been thanked: 0

Postby Peder_w » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:35 pm

Sorry! Traverse 152 :)

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:12 pm

Peder_w wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:35 pm
Sorry! Traverse 152 :)
I was considering it...as in super close to getting it, but I did not have a chance to test it, and then ended up going with the monarch. So I guess I can't really give any first-hand advice. I do know people who ride it and absolutely love it.

Peder_w
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 83
Local Beach: West coast of Sweden
Gear: Swithblade 2020 and RRD Board
Been thanked: 0

Postby Peder_w » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:26 pm

I ride motion 138 right now and love it! Feels like an good all arounder. So it would be great if someone could give some feedback on Traverse 152 :)
I really like to jump but also need the board to handle choppy waters.

glfmkg
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 220
Local Beach: White Rock, BC, Canada
Favorite Beaches: White Rock, BC
Squamish, BC
Nitinaht Lake, BC, Vancouver Island
Crescent Beach, BC
Boundary Bay, BC
Tsawwassen, BC
Nanaimo, BC
Style: Freestyle, Big Air, Foiling
Gear: Kites:
Airush Ultra 7m, 9m, 12m, 14m
Airush Wave 7m
Airush Lift 9m
Naish Pivot 12m
OR Rise A-Series 12m

Boards:
North Atmos 141
Ocean Rodeo Mako 165
Cabrinha Spectrum 144
Moses T65 Foling Board with a 633W front wing

Postby glfmkg » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:21 pm

I had the opportunity to try the 2021 Pivot yesterday fully powered. Just for reference I'm 220lb and ride a 140 twin tip - it was blowing close to 25knots steady and that's at the end of my range for a 12m kite. I decided to give the bridal adjustment a try... what a difference! The kite became like my Ultra! super drifty and not a lot boost - I was shocked that just a small difference can be so noticeable. I wish I would have left it at the longer setting as this kite can really handle the upper end like crazy! Anyways... just passing my 2cents that the bridal does make a massive difference in the way the kite performs.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:28 pm

glfmkg wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:21 pm
I had the opportunity to try the 2021 Pivot yesterday fully powered. Just for reference I'm 220lb and ride a 140 twin tip - it was blowing close to 25knots steady and that's at the end of my range for a 12m kite. I decided to give the bridal adjustment a try... what a difference! The kite became like my Ultra! super drifty and not a lot boost - I was shocked that just a small difference can be so noticeable. I wish I would have left it at the longer setting as this kite can really handle the upper end like crazy! Anyways... just passing my 2cents that the bridal does make a massive difference in the way the kite performs.
Yup agree. I was super surprised. I have been skeptical too, but it really makes it a very different beast. Suddenly its fun to ride a foil with the pivot.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:10 am

tautologies wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:28 pm
glfmkg wrote:
Yup agree. I was super surprised. I have been skeptical too, but it really makes it a very different beast. Suddenly its fun to ride a foil with the pivot.
So you put it on the inside knot(closet to the leading edge) to take away power and add drift??? Do you believe it makes it more C-shaped and reduces the projected area that creates lift? or does it change the angle of the wing like depowering??

Thanks

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:27 am

matth wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:10 am

So you put it on the inside knot(closet to the leading edge) to take away power and add drift??? Do you believe it makes it more C-shaped and reduces the projected area that creates lift? or does it change the angle of the wing like depowering??

Thanks
I have to test it more. I didn't really think it would make that much of a difference, but it feels like it does more than just changing the angle of the wing. I guess pivot points, have critical angles in some sense. Like the flying characteristics really changed.
These users thanked the author tautologies for the post:
matth (Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:28 am)
Rating: 3.03%

glfmkg
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 220
Local Beach: White Rock, BC, Canada
Favorite Beaches: White Rock, BC
Squamish, BC
Nitinaht Lake, BC, Vancouver Island
Crescent Beach, BC
Boundary Bay, BC
Tsawwassen, BC
Nanaimo, BC
Style: Freestyle, Big Air, Foiling
Gear: Kites:
Airush Ultra 7m, 9m, 12m, 14m
Airush Wave 7m
Airush Lift 9m
Naish Pivot 12m
OR Rise A-Series 12m

Boards:
North Atmos 141
Ocean Rodeo Mako 165
Cabrinha Spectrum 144
Moses T65 Foling Board with a 633W front wing

Postby glfmkg » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:23 pm

matth wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:10 am
tautologies wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:28 pm
glfmkg wrote:

Thanks
yes that correct, I moved it closest to the leading edge and I noticed a dramatic difference in power (lot less power) and added drift. It become a lot more like my Airush Ultra! Not sure technically what it does, but I was very surprised that it made such a difference as it is only moving about an inch on the 12m.

Return to “Kitesurfing”