tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish 2021

Postby tautologies » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:48 pm

POACHER wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:32 pm
So yeah, exciting topic: board hardware! :lol:
Ok time to get an update on the board. How do you like it? I am seriously considering this over the monarch this year.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: ¤°

Postby POACHER » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:03 pm

tautologies wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:48 pm
POACHER wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:32 pm
So yeah, exciting topic: board hardware! :lol:
Ok time to get an update on the board. How do you like it? I am seriously considering this over the monarch this year.
Taut,

Yeah..........Drive Limited.
Full disclosure: I bought that board with the intention to never ride it and just hang it on the wall, due to it being "LIMITED PRODUCTION!....only 50 boards built*!"

*not believing that one. I've seen 50+ shops offering them for sale worldwide, so not so Limited after all. whatever.

So I rode it last year and this summer a few times. I actually really do love it. As I've mentioned a time or two on here it felt like my Shinn Monk, but stiffer, similar speed, better upwind and lighter. In my top 5 favorite boards easy. So yeah I do really like the Drive, just not enough to ditch the Monarch! I really enjoy both boards, they are just so different.
The Drive is softer, lighter, better in chop and more comfortable. Monarch is full on all the time and really likes to be ridden fast and launch. Drive is what I grab when it's really nasty chop, I just want to mow the lawn or it's super cold and I don't want to fall. LOL It looks like a it would never go upwind with the amount of rocker it has, but somehow it does and doesn't need to be fully lit to do it.

I would say keep the Monarch, just add one of these to the gear stash.

** When I called NaishUSA last year to see if they had any 5 cm fins to buy, they sent me two FULL sets of 5 cm fins to try and have. One set was the typical G10 5 cm fins that come on the Langeree. The other set was an older carbon looking, very round, surf dog style fin. They were a huge upgrade compared to the 4cm IFX fins. The Monarch came alive with the bigger fins too, but the Drive I would say NEED them with the rocker.

Anyway. Pull the trigger!

xanpet
Rare Poster
Gear: Wainman

Postby xanpet » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:47 pm

nikolaygadzhev77 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:50 pm
Any news about the new bar or will be upgraded for 2022🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
It's going to be called the "SENSE" and comes only with ATB, and in 50 and 55 cm
There will be an carbon version of the bar.

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:46 pm

Anyone knows the schedule of the new wingboards, please?

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:55 pm

Anyone know the release date for the new bar and the 2022 Boxer ?

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,

Postby clint2070 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:57 pm

Does anyone think that Naish will make another strut less kite. With all the new ones out there I would think the would bring back the Trip or something similar

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:09 pm

clint2070 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:55 pm
Anyone know the release date for the new bar and the 2022 Boxer ?
Yeah I am interested in this too.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:13 pm

clint2070 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:57 pm
Does anyone think that Naish will make another strut less kite. With all the new ones out there I would think the would bring back the Trip or something similar
What is your take on this? I am a bit torn. I feel the one strut works great, and it has a bit wider use area than the strutless...but maybe not. A friend of mine used the strutless for wave riding and he could jump it really high, whereas I felt it lacked the ooomph of the pivot for that...I dunno. The one strut feels like it is slightly closer to a multistrut kite, but still superb for riding foils. Obviously I compare it to the strutless they first came out with.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster

Postby clint2070 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:08 pm

tautologies wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:13 pm
clint2070 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:57 pm
What is your take on this? I am a bit torn. I feel the one strut works great, and it has a bit wider use area than the strutless...but maybe not. A friend of mine used the strutless for wave riding and he could jump it really high, whereas I felt it lacked the ooomph of the pivot for that...I dunno. The one strut feels like it is slightly closer to a multistrut kite, but still superb for riding foils. Obviously I compare it to the strutless they first came out with.
I love the Boxer for foiling. I do think the Trip was a little lighter keeping it in the air longer in light wind and I miss how small it packed down. looked like i was wearing one of those mini book bags. Great for traveling ! The wind range on the trip wasn't great like the Boxer and if you dropped the Trip it took some skill and patience to get it back up but you just shouldn't drop your kite ! lol The option would be nice

Return to “Kitesurfing”