You are right.
Slingshot sorry :D :D :D

Havre wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:22 am
Leon van Bergen wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:42 am
luca wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:21 am
Black is the new red. Look at the new 2021 Duotone Clickbar. Both sides black :lol:
Why you post a Slingshot bar picture?
Just to add to the confusion I guess :lol:

luca
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North - MY21 Collection

Postby luca » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:01 pm

Navigator Control System Review
These users thanked the author luca for the post:
mattaiken MYS NKB (Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:15 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

Pierrot
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 80
Gear: Aluula Roam 10m, North neo 10m, 7m, 5m
Hydrofoil Ketos,

Postby Pierrot » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:24 pm

luca wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:01 pm
Navigator Control System Review
So that is the explanation to the color coding choice: red eva color fading. Good to know there is always logical thinking behind design choices.

mattaiken MYS NKB
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Toronto, ON. Canada
Style: Directional.Foil/Surf
Gear: North/Mystic
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding - Mystic Boarding

Postby mattaiken MYS NKB » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:57 pm

Here's a (relatively) short line overview on the new 2021 collection shot with Kitesurfing Magazine

StellaBlu
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Gear: Slingshot Rally
Been thanked: 0

Postby StellaBlu » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:21 pm

I just got the 2021 Navigator bar and it looks sweet. Random question, what are the bungees looped on the line floats for? I haven't ever seen these before.

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Style: Freeride
Gear: Duotone Rebels 6M, 8m & 11m, 15m Juice, 17m Best Roca, on my Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Leon van Bergen » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:21 pm

StellaBlu wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:21 pm
I just got the 2021 Navigator bar and it looks sweet. Random question, what are the bungees looped on the line floats for? I haven't ever seen these before.
They are for nothing, just the other side of the bungees that hold your lines together..

meccaloha
Rare Poster

Postby meccaloha » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:17 pm

luca wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:21 am
Black is the new red. Look at the new 2021 Slingshot bar Both sides black :lol:
Luca,
Do do have some more info/specifications of the new SS bar?

Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 190lb
Local Beach: Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town
Style: freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad 5.5, Best Cabo 6, Naish Pivot 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11, Cabrinha Vector 12
Long Ocean 136, Cyclone 138, Fone Surf 5'11", Naish Global 6'0", Cyclone 6’0”, Slingshot Hoverglide H5 foil and Alien Air 4' 6" and Converter boards

Postby Hugh2 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:17 am

walester wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:11 pm
I have no experience with the 2021 bar, but I have ridden the 2020 bar 5 times a week from June until now and it has been amazing. Love the simplicity of it, the lines, and the safety has been good the couple times I have needed it. The grip is maybe a little harder than I would like, but potentially less durable if it was softer. The unique grip angle is nice and the easily swapped pigtails on the lines have been handy.
I have a separate thread on my problems with the 2020 Navigator (concerning accidental releases of the chicken loop). I've used it a ton this season and mostly like it a lot. You just have to double-check last thing before launching that the chicken loop has not worked itself off your harness hook - this is caused by the stiffness of the encased main and flag-out lines and is likely the same for 2021. It is easy to forget to do this, I even did it once again just last week.

One issue raised in another post here and all reviews is the stupidly small tabs on the bungees, leading to them getting stuck in the floats. Easily solved by buying two tiny stainless steel carabiners to put on each. 2021 bar has larger tabs on the bungees.

Only other issue I've noticed is that while the encased main and flag-out lines slide cleanly through the bar in salt water, not so much in fresh water, something I've not seen mentioned in reviews, and something they might have solved in the 2021 where the hole in the bar is apparently a little bigger.

Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 190lb
Local Beach: Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town
Style: freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad 5.5, Best Cabo 6, Naish Pivot 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11, Cabrinha Vector 12
Long Ocean 136, Cyclone 138, Fone Surf 5'11", Naish Global 6'0", Cyclone 6’0”, Slingshot Hoverglide H5 foil and Alien Air 4' 6" and Converter boards

Postby Hugh2 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:31 am

andikite wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:10 pm
knotwindy wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:34 pm
Been listening to this silliness for many years. The red/green is for buoys and other boats so you know where you are and going. No one looks at the colors on their own boat, ever.
I can't agree with you. Red and green have been always indicator of sailing direction and also mandatory by aviation regulations in wing lights.

All sailig boats have red/green wind-tells for example located on the left and right sides of the sail. So yes, maybe North is the first company to put the green color in the right position...
Agreed, so I quite like my 2020 bar having red on the left when flying, BUT not for the same reason, rather because it helps when setting up, as long as you always run your lines from downwind of your kite (don't we all do that now?), then you just remember to have "Red on Right"!

mattaiken MYS NKB
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Toronto, ON. Canada
Style: Directional.Foil/Surf
Gear: North/Mystic
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding - Mystic Boarding

Postby mattaiken MYS NKB » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:16 pm

Hugh2 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:17 am
walester wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:11 pm
I have no experience with the 2021 bar, but I have ridden the 2020 bar 5 times a week from June until now and it has been amazing. Love the simplicity of it, the lines, and the safety has been good the couple times I have needed it. The grip is maybe a little harder than I would like, but potentially less durable if it was softer. The unique grip angle is nice and the easily swapped pigtails on the lines have been handy.
I have a separate thread on my problems with the 2020 Navigator (concerning accidental releases of the chicken loop). I've used it a ton this season and mostly like it a lot. You just have to double-check last thing before launching that the chicken loop has not worked itself off your harness hook - this is caused by the stiffness of the encased main and flag-out lines and is likely the same for 2021. It is easy to forget to do this, I even did it once again just last week.

One issue raised in another post here and all reviews is the stupidly small tabs on the bungees, leading to them getting stuck in the floats. Easily solved by buying two tiny stainless steel carabiners to put on each. 2021 bar has larger tabs on the bungees.

Only other issue I've noticed is that while the encased main and flag-out lines slide cleanly through the bar in salt water, not so much in fresh water, something I've not seen mentioned in reviews, and something they might have solved in the 2021 where the hole in the bar is apparently a little bigger.
I have some insight from our bar designer:

There have been over 20x small incremental improvements in the 2021 Navigator which make it a super clean, safe and simple control system. Noteable:
1) Security finger has been stiffened reducing the chance of accidental unhooking
2) The Pull Tabs have been increased in size so they can't pull up the EVA bar end floats, and they also feature bar sizes for quick easy identification, S, M and L.
3) The bar center-piece internal geometry has been modified giving less friction hence less wear on the multibore tubing

Regarding colour, I personally find the red tab on the left side of the bar is easy to see and I don't have an issue figuring out which way to lay out the bar. I'm not sure what more to say on this.

You can find a full interview with Hugh in Kiteworld Magazine here:
https://magazine.kiteworldmag.com/issue ... h-pinfold/

Return to “Kitesurfing”