Forum for kitesurfers
jedi1
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Eleveight XS

Postby jedi1 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:14 pm

Kristan wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:29 pm
Next, when I fell a couple of times I had a line snag on the wingtip, sending the kite for loops. I thought there are protections against that, but seems like they don't work fully, so I had to yank the lines. Or maybe it's fine for LEI's, my previous ones didn't suffer from that.
That is not fine. This used to happen on first SLE kites up to around 2010, when they started making shorter bridles. Either the bridles are super long on this kite or it was underinflated.

It might happen from time to time on a super hard crash or in the waves, but not a "couple of times" in a session.

Pitu
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Gear: 2020 Naish Pivot 7,9,12
CrazyFly Raptor

Postby Pitu » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:05 am

Does anyone know how it loops in comparison to the RS?

Kristan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plescheevo lake
Favorite Beaches: Mejvodnoye, Crimea
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Eleveight XS 14m, Paraavis Smile 3 15m. Boards: Flysurfer Radical 6 144x46, Flysurfer Flydoor4 170x50

Postby Kristan » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:46 pm

jedi1 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:14 pm
That is not fine. This used to happen on first SLE kites up to around 2010, when they started making shorter bridles. Either the bridles are super long on this kite or it was underinflated.

It might happen from time to time on a super hard crash or in the waves, but not a "couple of times" in a session.
Will try to pump it better next time. The gauge on pump have shown recommended 6-7 PSI. At least it felt quite solid when I tried to bend it.

Still makes me wonder which part of the lines got caught by the wingtip, bridles or steering line, can't see it from such distance.

jedi1
Frequent Poster

Postby jedi1 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:51 am

Kristan wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:46 pm
jedi1 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:14 pm

Will try to pump it better next time. The gauge on pump have shown recommended 6-7 PSI. At least it felt quite solid when I tried to bend it.

Still makes me wonder which part of the lines got caught by the wingtip, bridles or steering line, can't see it from such distance.
6-7 PSI should be enough if your gauge works correctly. You can try taking the bridle line and seeing if you can wrap it around the wingtip on the beach (when the kite is pumped obviously).

I doubt a steering line would wrap around the wingtip.

madis_and_kite
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 75
Local Beach: Estonia, Vääna-Jõesuu
Favorite Beaches: Dolphin beach, SA
Style: Bigair/kiteloops
Gear: Eleveight RS7-8-10-12, RS+14, OS10, WS5, Commander AG Pro 134cm, Escape 5'2
Brand Affiliation: Co-Owner of No Work Surf Club and Surfikaubamaja

Postby madis_and_kite » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:16 am

Me and all our team is pumping Eleveight kites to 10 PSI. Makes a big difference in performance.
Little bit less than 10PSI when in very warm country..30+ celsius.

Kristan
Frequent Poster
Gear: Kites: Eleveight XS 14m, Paraavis Smile 3 15m. Boards: Flysurfer Radical 6 144x46, Flysurfer Flydoor4 170x50

Postby Kristan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:26 pm

Had another session with this kite. I'm getting pretty used to it. But I found out that feedback on the bar from this kite is insignificant. On Soul I can hold it with my fingertips, I can feel the "sweet spot" where should I keep the bar for appropriate amount of power, plus I know where it is and what it's doing without looking at the kite. XS is quite different on that case, I can't find the "sweet spot" on the bar, means I oversheet and choke the kite. Unless a gust arrives, and that's when I feel the bar. But considering that XS does not have "sheet and go" power delivery, oversheeting often leads to loss of power. I'm going to try to set the lines for higher bar pressure, maybe that would suit my needs.

Eugadude
Rare Poster
Gear: Crazyfly
Has thanked: 0

Postby Eugadude » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:14 am

Kristan wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:26 pm
Had another session with this kite. I'm getting pretty used to it. But I found out that feedback on the bar from this kite is insignificant. On Soul I can hold it with my fingertips, I can feel the "sweet spot" where should I keep the bar for appropriate amount of power, plus I know where it is and what it's doing without looking at the kite. XS is quite different on that case, I can't find the "sweet spot" on the bar, means I oversheet and choke the kite. Unless a gust arrives, and that's when I feel the bar. But considering that XS does not have "sheet and go" power delivery, oversheeting often leads to loss of power. I'm going to try to set the lines for higher bar pressure, maybe that would suit my needs.
Sounds like your lines are uneven, you shouldn't be able to choke your kite thats how your lines aren't trimmed properly before going pull in your bar at 12 and hold for a bit to see if it stalls if it does trim the bar

Kristan
Frequent Poster

Postby Kristan » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:32 am

I don't think that's an issue, since both kite and bar are brand new. Not enough wind on the other hand might be the case.

madis_and_kite
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 75
Local Beach: Estonia, Vääna-Jõesuu
Favorite Beaches: Dolphin beach, SA
Style: Bigair/kiteloops
Gear: Eleveight RS7-8-10-12, RS+14, OS10, WS5, Commander AG Pro 134cm, Escape 5'2
Brand Affiliation: Co-Owner of No Work Surf Club and Surfikaubamaja

Postby madis_and_kite » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:32 am

Kristan wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:32 am
I don't think that's an issue, since both kite and bar are brand new. Not enough wind on the other hand might be the case.
I mainly ride RS, but with XS In moderate winds I also noticed that it works better if I depower kite about 5cm. Sadly I havent used XS with nuking winds what it's made for. Probably works without depowering then.

Dams1
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Rodanthe
Style: Big air
Gear: Core GTS 5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dams1 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:08 pm

I have been riding a Core GTS for a long time, same kite range? the shape of the kite is closer to which kite
switxhkite nitro
cabrhina switchblade?
thank you

Return to “Kitesurfing”