Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Eleveight XS

Forum for kitesurfers
Kristan
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Plescheevo lake
Favorite Beaches: Mejvodnoye, Crimea
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Eleveight XS 14m, Flysurfer Soul 12m, Blade Fat Lady 17m. Boards: Crazyfly Raptor 140x42, Flysurfer Flydoor4 170x50
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Eleveight XS

Postby Kristan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:24 pm

Dams1 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:08 pm
I have been riding a Core GTS for a long time, same kite range? the shape of the kite is closer to which kite
switxhkite nitro
cabrhina switchblade?
thank you
It's closer to Switchblade.

Kristan
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Plescheevo lake
Favorite Beaches: Mejvodnoye, Crimea
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Eleveight XS 14m, Flysurfer Soul 12m, Blade Fat Lady 17m. Boards: Crazyfly Raptor 140x42, Flysurfer Flydoor4 170x50
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Eleveight XS

Postby Kristan » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:28 am

I had few more sessions on the snow with my XS.I'm really getting accustomed to this kite. I have switched for harder bar pressure setting and it really helped, even though it doesn't feel that great when wind becomes gusty. But at least the bar pressure is still better than Soul's. Trying to do some jumps, if we have some fresh powder. This kite is quite technical when it comes to jumps. Just sending it to 12 and pulling on the bar is not enough. But when you do things right... oh boy, it sends.

But wingtips snags are serious issue. Had to QR once because once it happened again, the kite went for really powered loops, dragging me across the field. I have noticed that it happens during one steering line relaunch, when kite is somewhat folded under its weight, the wingtip gets way too close to one of the power lines, and occasionally it happens that said power line gets stuck between the bladder and the canopy of the wingtip. Protecting band, which meant to prevent that, simply bends and doesn't do jack shit. There should be plastic deflector or shorter deflection band, that would stay tense all the time.

Return to “Kitesurfing”