Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Duotone Dice 2021

Forum for kitesurfers
User avatar
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 41948
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 98 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.
Location: World (KF Admin)
Has thanked: 375 times
Been thanked: 868 times
Contact:

Re: Duotone Dice 2021

Postby Toby » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:05 pm

DESIGNER INTERVIEW DICE 2021 - RALF GRÖSEL

The 2021 Dice competes on the elite stage in both the freestyle world tour and the King of the Air. Our redesign in 2020 reimagined the DICE as the legitimate example of extreme versatility. Such progress has had an incredible impact on the 2021 Duotone product portfolio, with clear separation between the models.

Read More


The complete redesign in 2020 was influenced by Lasse Walker and Aaron Hadlow. Read what Lasse has to say about the mega looping machine that excels in the extreme and is accessible to all.

Read More

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:25 am
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone 21' Rebel 7M, 9m & 11m, 15m Juice, on a Lieuwe Shotgun
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 521 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Duotone Dice 2021

Postby Leon van Bergen » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:39 pm


User avatar
dracop
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:37 am
Local Beach: Naska Beach - Kanaha - Maui, HI USA
Favorite Beaches: _
Kanaha - Maui, HI
Kihei - Maui, HI
Crandon - Key Biscayne, FL
Sherman Island - Antioch, CA
Crissy Field - San Francisco, CA
Anne's Beach - Islamorada, FL
Curry Hammocks - Marathon, FL
Kite Beach - Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Tableview - Cape Town, South Africa
Main Beach - Langebaan, South Africa
Mui Ne Bay - Ham Tien, Vietnam
Style: Big Air :D
Gear: _
2019 Duotone Rebels 9m and 12m
2014 Best Breeze 145, 2017 Core Choice 2 142, 2016 Naish Hero 145
Brand Affiliation: The Maui Kitesurf Company
www.mauikitesurf.com
Location: Maui, HI
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Duotone Dice 2021

Postby dracop » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:54 pm

Im confused about something on this kite. He mentions they are keeping the Airport Valve? I thought Duotone was using Maxflow? What am i not getting?

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:25 am
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone 21' Rebel 7M, 9m & 11m, 15m Juice, on a Lieuwe Shotgun
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 521 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Duotone Dice 2021

Postby Leon van Bergen » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:14 am

dracop wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:54 pm
Im confused about something on this kite. He mentions they are keeping the Airport Valve? I thought Duotone was using Maxflow? What am i not getting?
These are two different things Dracop..

Airport valve = your inflate/deflate port where you put your pump on
Maxflow = tubes from LE to struts

User avatar
dracop
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:37 am
Local Beach: Naska Beach - Kanaha - Maui, HI USA
Favorite Beaches: _
Kanaha - Maui, HI
Kihei - Maui, HI
Crandon - Key Biscayne, FL
Sherman Island - Antioch, CA
Crissy Field - San Francisco, CA
Anne's Beach - Islamorada, FL
Curry Hammocks - Marathon, FL
Kite Beach - Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Tableview - Cape Town, South Africa
Main Beach - Langebaan, South Africa
Mui Ne Bay - Ham Tien, Vietnam
Style: Big Air :D
Gear: _
2019 Duotone Rebels 9m and 12m
2014 Best Breeze 145, 2017 Core Choice 2 142, 2016 Naish Hero 145
Brand Affiliation: The Maui Kitesurf Company
www.mauikitesurf.com
Location: Maui, HI
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Duotone Dice 2021

Postby dracop » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:02 pm

So in the marketing they claim new stiffer materials and reduced weight for the Dice 2021. They do not specifically say that it is SLS / Penta TX altho their pivot of the Dice to an Advanced rider model would fit the SLS target market. Anyone know if the Dice 2021 is simply all SLS (eg no SLS model as all of the Dice are using Penta TX)?

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:10 am
Favorite Beaches: Baltic sea
Gear: North, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon laluz.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 287 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Duotone Dice 2021

Postby a99 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:47 am

5 years ago all these colors would be as dedicated to woman, now its normal:) boys will be girls, girls will be boys:) as we see it’s so fast coming:)

danlar
Medium Poster
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:26 am
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 62kg
Local Beach: Santa Marianita, Ecuador
Favorite Beaches: I have kite in Perou, Bresil, Cabarete, Grenadines, Hatteras and Exuma
Style: freerider, freestyle
Gear: Rebel 9m 2020, Rebel 11m 2020, Juice 15m 2020, CrazyFly Raptor 137/43, Shinn Bronq Luigi 135/41, Jaime SLS 142/43
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Ecuador
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Duotone Dice 2021

Postby danlar » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:48 am

I like this review on MACkite about the Dice 2021, very well said.

« This kite loves to loop out of tricks. Downloops, kiteloops redirection. This kite loves to move! It's also exceptional for unhooked freestyle. The pop and slack is near perfection in my opinion.

The Dice has always been good in that arena. For the experienced freerider, the Dice is an underrated gem. You do have to work the kite as you can not set it and forget it.

You must generate apparent wind with this kite. You have to really move it to ride. While you have to put more into the kite, you get more out of it.

The weakness in the Dice lies with new riders or anyone who doesn't want to work their kite. If you want an automatic set-it-and-forget-it feel, look elsewhere.

If you just want to cruise and jump, the Dice might not be the right kite for you. Maybe look to the Evo or the Rebel.

As for the waves, I don't care too much for the Dice. It is designed for them but again, it's aimed at the more active kite flyer. If you want a set-it-and-forget-it drifting true surf experience, the Neo, the Roam or the Drifter are going to be better. The Dice does perform well if you are riding anything but onshore conditions. Just remember that you will have to work the kite.

To sum up, the Dice doesn't feel much different. It has its place in the lineup and the new improvements will help with jumping and longevity on the bridle.

This is aimed at experienced riders and freestylers who want a high performance kite that requires a high performance rider. »

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3676
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:15 am
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: Duotone Dice 2021

Postby longwhitecloud » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:21 am

"it's aimed at the more active kite flyer. If you want a set-it-and-forget-it drifting true surf experience"

True Surfing Experience Lol! On what planet is wave riding with a kite set it and forget it?

More clueless garbage coming out of the kite marketers mouths, confusing the punters.

andikite
Medium Poster
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 10:15 pm
Style: Strapless
Gear: Duotone Dice 6, 9, 12.
Duotone Clickbar 22-24
Duotone pro whip csc 5'2
Ride Engine 2019 Harness
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Duotone Dice 2021

Postby andikite » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:09 am

danlar wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:48 am
I like this review on MACkite about the Dice 2021, very well said.

« This kite loves to loop out of tricks. Downloops, kiteloops redirection. This kite loves to move! It's also exceptional for unhooked freestyle. The pop and slack is near perfection in my opinion.

The Dice has always been good in that arena. For the experienced freerider, the Dice is an underrated gem. You do have to work the kite as you can not set it and forget it.

You must generate apparent wind with this kite. You have to really move it to ride. While you have to put more into the kite, you get more out of it.

The weakness in the Dice lies with new riders or anyone who doesn't want to work their kite. If you want an automatic set-it-and-forget-it feel, look elsewhere.

If you just want to cruise and jump, the Dice might not be the right kite for you. Maybe look to the Evo or the Rebel.

As for the waves, I don't care too much for the Dice. It is designed for them but again, it's aimed at the more active kite flyer. If you want a set-it-and-forget-it drifting true surf experience, the Neo, the Roam or the Drifter are going to be better. The Dice does perform well if you are riding anything but onshore conditions. Just remember that you will have to work the kite.

To sum up, the Dice doesn't feel much different. It has its place in the lineup and the new improvements will help with jumping and longevity on the bridle.

This is aimed at experienced riders and freestylers who want a high performance kite that requires a high performance rider. »
I agree with MACkite description.

I always say, with Dice you ride the kite, insted of kite rides you.

Exal
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:38 am
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 121 times

Re: Duotone Dice 2021

Postby Exal » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:44 pm

longwhitecloud wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:21 am
"it's aimed at the more active kite flyer. If you want a set-it-and-forget-it drifting true surf experience"

True Surfing Experience Lol! On what planet is wave riding with a kite set it and forget it?

More clueless garbage coming out of the kite marketers mouths, confusing the punters.
How, just how can you type this shit and press submit :lol:
These users thanked the author Exal for the post (total 2):
cor (Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:27 pm) • longwhitecloud (Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:07 am)
Rating: 13.33%


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests