Forum for kitesurfers
jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Compressor

Postby jakemoore » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:39 pm

Anybody gave a regular manual pump last more than a year? I don’t mind the pumping but can’t be bothered to maintain a pump. Several friends with Bravo electric pumps are going on 3 years.

HugoMC
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Dolly
Style: Freeride
Gear: Gaastra Pure :)

Postby HugoMC » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:44 pm

I'd be interested to see some of these electric pump set ups. I looked into it a few months back but decided against it and just bought another cheap hand pump. I mainly pump 7/9m kites so no real advantage.

Decathlon have a great simple pump. 15euro for the tent pump that works with most kites. 19euro for kite pump that works with Cabrinha.

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Postby Windigo1 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:06 pm

I had an Island pump for a few years similar to the Bravo. I was riding 17m all the time back then. The lead acid batteries kept dying I had to replace them all the time. Now that I foil most of the time pumping a 9m single strut takes 30 seconds with a WFMG pump so no benefits to carry around these big heavy pumps anymore.

Javawalker
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Beauduc
Favorite Beaches: Beauduc Boracay
Style: Wave jump
Gear: Naish North Ion Balance
Has thanked: 0

Postby Javawalker » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:45 am

"Real" compressor = trimix
Air+water+oil .
Have a good day :)

beebad
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 173
Local Beach: Mayo, Rehobeth bay, dewey bch,OBX
Favorite Beaches: North flats, outlaws-South Padre Island, Waves, Salvo, kitepoint, the washout, tower rd. Assateaque.
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 144 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING 155, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard. Slingwing 5.4V2., quatro drifter 5’6”.

Postby beebad » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:40 pm

jakemoore wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:39 pm
Anybody gave a regular manual pump last more than a year? I don’t mind the pumping but can’t be bothered to maintain a pump. Several friends with Bravo electric pumps are going on 3 years.
One thing you have to do is maintain the pumps. Take them apart, clean the filters and piston of sand and BS and lub the piston again….good as new. I have had my pumps (wmfw)
for over 4 years.

Return to “Kitesurfing”