Long time lurker, first time poster on the forums. Thought i'd give everyone my in-depth 2c on this bar. I bought the bar back in Nov of 2020. I kite about 3x a week. So i've got about 40-50x sessions on this bar.
I use the bar with Duotone Evos & a slingshot RPM. I hate the 'click' of the click bar, but love the auto-unswivel. This bar looked like the PERFECT bar for me. I bought a clickbar high 'Y' splitter and attached it at the 5m mark on my flagging line, wrapped a bit of electrical tape to increase the bite on the Y splitter and pull the Y out whenever i ride my RPM. Has worked flawlessly, absolutely 0 line wear on either line, a bit of a pain to adjust the configuration for a high Y or low V. My riding style is big air/freeride/old school with some freestyle/unhooked on my rpm. I would say i loop on 80% of my jumps (downloop/heli loop).
Things i love about the bar:
- Center line 'auto unswivel'. So far, this has been perfect. The ball bearings still rotate super cleanly, i know a lot of folks here love their old bars, but this is a game changer for me. Maybe i'm lazy. Either way, a must have on any bar i own in the future.
- Lines: Very little stretch. I felt like i would be tuning my lines every 3-4 sessions on my old bar. More like every 7-8 (or longer) on this.
- Long bar throw: i'm a tall guy, so i love bars that i can sheet in and out with a big range (i know this isn't as good for shorter people), this allows me to ride fully powered almost always. The throw on this bar is perfect (IMO). Note: there is no stopper ball on this bar, which is the single reason my GF did not buy this bar, she literally can't reach the bar when it's fully sheeted out.
Things i don't like:
- As mentioned in this thread , sheeting in/out when looping is different. I got used to it, and kind of like it now, you just need to apply a bit more pressure to sheet in a loop.
- The PUC center area needs work, and has torn in a spot for me, i think this might be because of sheeting in/out while looping and its caused some wear in the bar (see pic). Sent in a warranty request for this and will post when i hear more. Any one else have this issue?
Overall, i like the bar a lot. i feel like it likely needs some tweaks on the way the PUC works for next year. Everything i don't like about the bar is related to it. If i were to buy again, i would probably pay the extra for the duotone click bar, i feel like 4 years of clickbar and the SK99 lines has resulted in a pretty dialed in bar.