Forum for kitesurfers
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:25 am
- Kiting since: 2012
- Local Beach: surrey
- Gear: cabrihna
- Brand Affiliation: None
Hi. We are going to maui soon...for the winter. and are wondering about waves, wind and flatter water spots to kite and varying conditions by month. I have seen the 'history' on wind sites but see that Kihei and above it might be good spots for flatter conditions during the winter months. I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for us and also what kind of reviews people have about the sprecklesville area?
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 972
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:40 pm
- Kiting since: 1997
- Weight: 78 kg
- Local Beach: Reservoirs in Colorado, U.S.
- Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
- Style: Freeride
- Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard.
- Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, CrazyFly, Ozone, Volkl, Gath, and SeaSpecs.
- Location: Denver, Colorado, U.S.
We are hearing from locals the wind picked up recently after being down for a couple of weeks. Some of the beaches and parking lots have opened and closed and opened so things keep changing.
Kanaka beach park is where I would start, if open. Drop in at Adventure Sports or Second Wind and see what they can tell you on what is working.
Return to “Kitesurfing”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 21 guests