Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

OR Prodigy vs. Duotone Evo

Forum for kitesurfers
CaptainTech
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Hayling Island, Poole Harbour, Greatstone, Camber Sands
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne (Mauritius, Pranburi (Thailand), Langebaan (South Africa).
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites:
7, 9.5, 12 2019/2020 Ocean Rodeo Prodigies.
10m 2019 Ocean Rodeo Razor
14.5m 2018 Ocean Rodeo Flite
Boards: Noble NHP 138, Nobile NHP 138 split, Cabrinha Spectrum 144.
Mystic Majestic hardshell harness.
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

OR Prodigy vs. Duotone Evo

Postby CaptainTech » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:18 pm

I have a quiver of 2019/2020 Ocean Rodeo Prodigies (7,9.5, 12m) + a 14.5m OR Flite. I love the Prodigies which have been great for my progression and learning to jump etc, but I have my eye on the 2020 Duotone Evo close out deals as the Evo on the face of it just looks a bit more fun, supposedly has more lift and hang time, but like the Prodigy is a great grunty 3 strut allrounder that eats gusts.
Despite being good kites there are VERY few reviews of the Prodigy and almost no comparisons with other kites, so thought I would ask to see if anyone with knowledge of both kites can tell me if the Evo would give me that much more than the Prodigy?

I also like the look of the 2020 Dice, but the Evo is probably the better allrounder for me with better hangtime and I'm also keen that any replacement kites are still accessable to my partner who is still a beginner and the Evo she would be able to handle.

I have a Duotone Click bar with the adjustable V distributor so the different V set up for the Duotone vs OR kites would not be a problem.

Thanks in advance! Hopefully I'll be able to pay any advice forward once I have a bit more experience.

Return to “Kitesurfing”