Gear: Duotone rebel (7, 10, 12)
Cabrinha ace 135x40
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: any reviews on Rebel 2021

Postby LePhasme » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:51 am

Hey guys,
I got a rebel 2021 beginning of Jan and I have had a few sessions on it with the wind ranging from 14-16 to 23-25kn.
I weight about 75kg and ride a cabrinha ace in 135x40.
I bought this kite to replace a gaastra spark in 12m that is a decent freeride kite for beginners but I'm into big airs and the gaastra was starting to frustrate me enough that I was skipping light wind sessions with it.
Compared to the spark, the rebel tends to stay more on the edge of the window which help to get more height when I jump instead of going downwind.
It's also moving noticeably faster, and when there is a lull and I have to work the kite it's still staying more on the edge (I was really impressed by that behavior because usually after sending a kite up and down 2-3 times it creeps inside the window), which is very useful to stay upwind.
I was also very impressed with the flying time in light winds.
I have also a rebel 2020 in 10m, the 12m is a bit slower obviously but I'm really interested to get a 10m 2021 because I feel it's gonna move faster.
About the bag size, it's smallish but I managed to fit the kite in it every time first try, I just always roll each side toward the middle strut and then fold it in 3, I do have to push etc on it to be able to close the zip though.

Return to “Kitesurfing”