Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Does waist harness slide up on drysuit? Should I just use wetsuit?

Forum for kitesurfers
ralu81
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sherman island, Roosevelt park- gorge, Moriah Harbor-Great Exuma Bahamas, Little Sable Point Lake Michigan, Oscoda Lake Huron, Long Beach IN Lake Michigan, Escanaba, HWY 2 U.P. Michigan, Lake St. Clair, Harsen's Island, Tawas.
Gear: Slingshot RPM
Slingshot Rally
Duotone Evo
Liquid Force DLX
Slingshot Celeritas
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Does waist harness slide up on drysuit? Should I just use wetsuit?

Postby ralu81 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:22 pm

Dave_5280 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:29 am
Any tips on sizing for a drysuit?
Yeah hopefully you're tall and thin... I have a medium Soul and it could fit someone who was 6'4 if they were thin enough. The shoulders on the medium are tight for me with a 40-42" chest. I like the suit but don't feel like they have great sizing especially for shorter people. I'm 5'7 which I realize is below average but seriously when I hang the suit to dry from the joists in my basement the legs nearly touch the floor and its an 8' ceiling. I recently bought a 4/3 Xcel wetsuit and the sizing with that was perfect as I went with a Large Short. Wish OR had better sizing available.

Delta99
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Stockholm
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha

Postby Delta99 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:19 pm

I have a Prolimit drysuit and my harness do ride up more easily than on wetsuit. I'm now going back to thick wetsuits for the winter.

Kitetwin-1
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle point
The BlueWater Bridge
Brights Grove
Favorite Beaches: Cuba cayo Guillermo
Turks Long Bay
Hatteras of course
St Lucia
Style: Free ride and foiling
Gear: Cabrinha

Postby Kitetwin-1 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:12 am

I am140 lbs, 5’-4”, chest 38”, waist 30”, I have a medium sole. I couldn’t fit my shoulders into a smaller suit, its perfect. Arm lengths are fine, legs were long so I has a tailor remove 5” off the bottom of the Legs. btw the harness will slide a little with the dry suit but it is reasonable.

McLovin
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 124 kg
Local Beach: The Columbia River Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Rufus & Rooster - sandy ones with smooth wind
Style: TT - Newbie Foiler
Gear: Armstrong FOIL - SS Dwarfcraft - North Code Zero 7,8 - CORE Section 4,5 XR 7,9 Ocean Rodeo RISE (A) 9/10/11 Ocean Rodeo Flite 14.5(A), CARVE Imperator 151cm TT and Crazy Fly Raptor 140cm Neon TT - Ocean Rodeo Ignites Drysuit - Mystic Majestic 5/4 4/3 other stuff...
Brand Affiliation: Just stuff I like... THANKS Armie!

Postby McLovin » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:02 am

OMG

Meet your solution:https://www.dakine.com/products/chamele ... 5961750608

All the goodness of a waist harness with the stay the "F" in place of a few well placed straps. Tried one session in my OR Heat drysuit without the bottom part and the harness was up to my armpits which wasn't great. Worn as shown and harness movement is NOT a problem weather you are in board shorts, wetsuits or drysuits...

You're welcome.

Mc

:dance:

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:37 am

I have a medium heat drysuit. Yes the waist harness does ride up a little more than a wetsuit but its about the same as riding without a wetsuit in hot weather.

I like my harness to be loose enough to rotate for riding toe side so don't keep it as tight as it can be anyway. Its easier to push the harness down a couple of inches again whilst riding with the drysuit on than with a wetsuit on.

Return to “Kitesurfing”