Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Core Sensor 3 Safety Issues (Core statement in initial post)

Forum for kitesurfers
Ianw
Medium Poster
Local Beach: UK - South Coast
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR8, Lieuwe Falcon & Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: None - Cost me a fortune!!!
Has thanked: 0

Re: Core Sensor 3 Safety Issues (Core statement in initial post)

Postby Ianw » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:58 pm

Tim_S85 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:27 pm
Ianw wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:06 pm
Matty V wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:56 pm
Do people not manually walk out the lines anymore?

Isn’t that an utter basic?

unwind the lines, Walk up the lines to the kite removing any twists as you go

Isn’t it user responsibility to do this and ensure everything is functioning correctly BEFORE they need it?
Of course but walking up the lines does not clear the twists. The twists above the SSF are caused by the distortion and tension within the white plastic casing of the safety line below the SSF. So when the front lines are tensioned even if they are straight when you connected them to the kite they will twist above the SSF. Think of a closed loop like an elastic band, twist the band on one side and tension it the twists will remain. The only way to remove the twists are to manually rotate one side of the band.
What do you mean ?
There is a bearing under the chickenloop so there will not be any twists anymore.
Haven't had this issue with my S2 pro bar either, the new chickenloop the 'safety line' is going through straight now, i could see this issue on the S2 bar which that chickenloop has a bend in it.

Had an issue with the safetyline got stuck but you have to clean it every session it's a 2 second job really, get the line a bit out and clean the plastic casing.

Hi Tim, The bearing below the QR allows the QR to rotate but does not allow movement between the white plastic casing and the bare safety line where the twists occur. That's why you have to manually rotate the plastic casing under tension to get rid of the twists. Previous to the problem I had 35+ sessions with perfect straight lines and no problem. I think I somehow managed to rotate the SSF line which introduced the twists in the safety line while dragging the lines to attach to the kite.

Tim_S85
Rare Poster
Gear: Core XR 8 and 9m
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Tim_S85 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:49 pm

Ianw wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:58 pm
Tim_S85 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:27 pm
Ianw wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:06 pm

Of course but walking up the lines does not clear the twists. The twists above the SSF are caused by the distortion and tension within the white plastic casing of the safety line below the SSF. So when the front lines are tensioned even if they are straight when you connected them to the kite they will twist above the SSF. Think of a closed loop like an elastic band, twist the band on one side and tension it the twists will remain. The only way to remove the twists are to manually rotate one side of the band.
What do you mean ?
There is a bearing under the chickenloop so there will not be any twists anymore.
Haven't had this issue with my S2 pro bar either, the new chickenloop the 'safety line' is going through straight now, i could see this issue on the S2 bar which that chickenloop has a bend in it.

Had an issue with the safetyline got stuck but you have to clean it every session it's a 2 second job really, get the line a bit out and clean the plastic casing.

Hi Tim, The bearing below the QR allows the QR to rotate but does not allow movement between the white plastic casing and the bare safety line where the twists occur. That's why you have to manually rotate the plastic casing under tension to get rid of the twists. Previous to the problem I had 35+ sessions with perfect straight lines and no problem. I think I somehow managed to rotate the SSF line which introduced the twists in the safety line while dragging the lines to attach to the kite.
I have not seen this problem and none of my friends, i am not defending Core now but i really have no clue how you manage to have this problem.
The lines are untwisted on the bar and it can freely untwist under the chickenloop if needed, i can't see how the bare line can twist within the PU tube it's pretty firm and tight.

Matty V
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made

Postby Matty V » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:30 pm

I think people just need to stop kiting, requesting an instructional video of how to untwist your lines on an auto untwisting bar and saying that walking your lines out to untangle remove twists isn’t sufficient wtf?

Toonie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Oliphant, Ontario
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete, Cuba (kayo gilermo)
Gear: Core

Postby Toonie » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:40 pm

Thanks to this post I have decided to check my Core 3s and 3s Pro bars ... and I found that my power lines start wearing offff. I immediately opened my Mac and wrote and email to Core Kites yesterday. And here is their feedback ( pity veeeeery pity ) ..

--------------------------
Hi Core team,

Recently I came across a post from kiteforum and same topic was shared to one of our Toronto kite community ( 300 people + ) …. At the time I was thinking this is a B.S. I don’t think these rumours are true …. In my mind, I was like if this is a global issue with the new product release, Core is a premium brand ( that I trust almost 4 years) will release an official statement and it will inform his loyal customers.
Well I guess you know the rest! Kinda disappointed for not hearing from you guys … it doesn’t take much to send a blast email and warn your customers. No matter the case, I still love your product and I will back you up even if there is a production issue … All brands make mistakes , and we know - these are not an ordinary times and WE as your loyal customers understand the challenges of releasing a product with product supply difficulties during Covid.

Anyways, I just want to reach out and share that two of my bars ( Sensor 3s + Sensor 3s Pro ) power lines are star wearing out. I have 20+ sessions on them and I don’t even live in a humid environment.

See images for your reference.
---------------------------

And this was the reply ( dry as f**** ) .. I am kinda sad to see a brand that position themselves as a premium to reply in this manner:

------------------------

Hey Tunch

thanks for your message

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your bar, please contact our local supplier

xxxxxx Kiteboarding
xxxxxxx. St
xxxxxxxxx
xxxx. Canada

They will help you out with a free replacement of the worn out parts.

Best regards from the island of Fehmarn
Tilo

---------------------

losing faith ... not so sure if I will continue to be loyal after this.

Matty V
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made

Postby Matty V » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:57 pm

you are salty that they have offered free replacement if you get in touch with your dealer?

because they didn't mail you first? there is a little thing called data protection where your email wont just be handed straight to Core

what did you want flowers? they replied promptly, with contact details and the offer of free replacement... how the actual f*** do you lose faith after that?

not typed on my Mac as I am poor and thought you should know

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:34 pm

sorry dude, but what do you expect?

a letter, that you must be the hardest ripper on the planet, looking fantastic, and your girl is the hottest on the planet? Then get some flowers with red roses?

A after that a massage with happy end? ;-)

You got all the info you needed. Contact them, and solve the problem...they do it for free !

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:08 pm

Your contract is with whoever you bought your equipment from.

But call the local people who you have been informed will sort out your problem for you.

Whether there should have been a recall is entirely another matter, of course ...

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:01 pm

Yeah. If there is a problem with your car you do not usually call the factory or head office in Germany, Japan etc.

If you are not getting proper feedback from your local supplier that would another story. And of course Core would be responsible for having good local presence.

Toonie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Oliphant, Ontario
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete, Cuba (kayo gilermo)
Gear: Core

Postby Toonie » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:00 am

you guys have no clue what long time customer value means ... So I am going to be easy on ya! ,.this chat is not about measuring engagement of your comments... Mofos - you have to understand, switching from one brand to another is a matter of time and budget. ,So don't tell me that we ( people who keep the brand live - a.k.a loyal customers ) don't deserve an explanation or a few lines of empathy.
My suggestion - go suck your mom's milk. Keep staying at your basement ... and get your game straight! I give a zero f**** if you use Mac or any other platforms. Don't know what kind of an ice cream you kids consuming but ... you gotta stop with your b.s. and switch to a broccoli! #assalamualeykum

P.S. - from your comments it is clear that you don't own core products. So why bother commenting! Ahh I understand - you have nothing better to do!

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:55 am

Toonie wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:00 am
you guys have no clue what long time customer value means ... So I am going to be easy on ya! ,.this chat is not about measuring engagement of your comments... Mofos - you have to understand, switching from one brand to another is a matter of time and budget. ,So don't tell me that we ( people who keep the brand live - a.k.a loyal customers ) don't deserve an explanation or a few lines of empathy.
My suggestion - go suck your mom's milk. Keep staying at your basement ... and get your game straight! I give a zero f**** if you use Mac or any other platforms. Don't know what kind of an ice cream you kids consuming but ... you gotta stop with your b.s. and switch to a broccoli! #assalamualeykum

P.S. - from your comments it is clear that you don't own core products. So why bother commenting! Ahh I understand - you have nothing better to do!
Hey, it's ok! I feel for ya. I was in your position with Ozone 10+ years ago. After getting no service from the retailer because the retailer said the distributor was not helping, I went straight to the distributor myself. In short order, the distributor told me to FO, so I contacted Ozone myself. They tried to help and sounded courteous, but had no parts to send me. So I made my own to fix my bar, and switched brands.

In hindsight, they did me a favor by turning me on to a better brand anyway. It's fairly common for a more expensive brand to not actually be better than a less expensive one.

Return to “Kitesurfing”