Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Core Sensor 3 Safety Issues (Core statement in initial post)

Forum for kitesurfers
Matty V
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Core Sensor 3 Safety Issues (Core statement in initial post)

Postby Matty V » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:22 am

The difference is that core agreed immediately to a replacement part

He didn’t spend any time or inconvenience being shuffled between shop distributor and brand

Oh toonie, you are the pretentious one that mentioned what you flipped open to type your message, I was just taking the piss out of how crass it was.

Your reaction to being given free immediate replacement is almost like a terrible troll attempt.

You were/are out no time, no money. The only thing just is your ego because they CORE Germany didn’t write to you personally.

Snowflake

GraemeF
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 70kg
Local Beach: Hythe Kent.
Dymchurch Kent
Greatstone Kent
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne Mauritius
Nyali Kenya
Style: Freeriding Ariel Lawnmower
Gear: Core
Brand Affiliation: Core & Sabfoil Distributor

Postby GraemeF » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:39 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:55 am
In short order, the distributor told me to FO,
Sounds like a man after my own heart. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And what happened to Ozone?

Oh yes they went from strength to strength. :lol:

As to the UK bar position, as of next week, for the first time we''ll have Pro Bars in stock since they were launched.

And of the couple of hundred odd bars we've sold we've supplied half a dozen replacement parts caused by early wear issues, we have parts available upon delaer request, all dealers are and have been, aware of the issue since it became an 'internet' isssue and some have actually been proactive in checking.

This is the joy of still retaining a market structure with someone on the spot to help out with issues, I appreciate with our colonial friends and the massive distances involved that isn't always posssible, but over here it is, so we try to protect its integrity and brands like Core are important to that end.
Last edited by GraemeF on Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cdbxyz
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: North West UK
Gear: Core Nexus 2, Nobile NHP, Firewire Evo

Postby cdbxyz » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:43 pm

Matty V wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:22 am

He didn’t spend any time or inconvenience being shuffled between shop distributor and brand

Oh toonie, you are the pretentious one that mentioned what you flipped open to type your message, I was just taking the piss out of how crass it was.

Your reaction to being given free immediate replacement is almost like a terrible troll attempt.

You were/are out no time, no money. The only thing just is your ego because they CORE Germany didn’t write to you personally.

Snowflake
Normally I skim past your posts because they are mostly drivel, but this is spot on.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:21 pm

GraemeF wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:39 pm
Matteo V wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:55 am
Hey, it's ok! I feel for ya. I was in your position with Ozone 10+ years ago. After getting no service from the retailer because the retailer said the distributor was not helping, I went straight to the distributor myself. In short order, the distributor told me to FO, so I contacted Ozone myself. They tried to help and sounded courteous, but had no parts to send me. So I made my own to fix my bar, and switched brands.
Sounds like a man after my own heart. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And what happened to Ozone?

Oh yes they went from strength to strength. :lol:
No, their terrible customer service saw the rise to near domination of the market by thier main competitors. The US distributor for one of those competitors once remarked that thier continued existence in the market was because of the exodus of pissed off previous Ozone customers.

A few years later, the US distributor for Ozone was rightly given the boot and Ozone's customer service reputation began to recover slowly.

But nice try as usual, to cherry pick a tiny part of my quote. I fixed it for you, so it shows that I DID actually try to go through the retailer first. And again, the retailer was told to FO before I was.

So I would suggest you take a hard look at that story. Especially since you are in nearly the same position and have the same attitude of saying FO to fellow kiters. As you said "Sounds like a man after my own heart". Remember, he was sacked for that exact attitude.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:43 pm

GraemeF wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:39 pm
.........all dealers are and have been, aware of the issue since it became an 'internet' isssue and some have actually been proactive in checking.
As a seperate issue, I would also like to point out that CaptainCore/GraemeF/pinknorthpride has confirmed that the issue was brought to COREporate kiteboarding's attention via this forum. So keep up with posting issues you have with your gear! This thread, as well as many others, show that exposing issues does more good than keeping it quiet. You may take some heat from this guy and others, but the majority here appreciate the warnings and info.

Matty V
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made

Postby Matty V » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:44 pm

cdbxyz wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:43 pm
Matty V wrote:

Snowflake
Normally I skim past your posts because they are mostly drivel, but this is spot on.
I am flattered...
I will try harder to reduce my useful input to levels of my brother Matteo, he got the brains in the family

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:23 am

Matty V wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:44 pm
I am flattered...
I will try harder to reduce my useful input to levels of my brother Matteo, he got the brains in the family
Yeah, but you got the good looks!

cdbxyz
Rare Poster

Postby cdbxyz » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:51 am

Matty V wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:44 pm
cdbxyz wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:43 pm
Matty V wrote:

Snowflake
I am flattered...
Oh my goodness, please accept my apologies Matty.

Clearly the incessant drivel spouted by Matteo on almost every thread I seem to read here has blinded me to the fact that you have a very similar name.

I did think it was odd that Matteo had grasped the actual theme of the thread and managed to make a sensible reply. At least my senses have something left in them.
These users thanked the author cdbxyz for the post:
Matty V (Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:33 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

cdbxyz
Rare Poster

Postby cdbxyz » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:54 am

Also for the record and to keep the thread on topic, I have a sensor 3+ which only has 14 sessions on it but I can’t see any huge signs of wear above what I’d normally expect to see on lines that move through a pulley or similar ring setup.

I’ll keep an eye on it closely though, thanks to this thread.

m20j
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 142
Style: Foiling
Gear: Core, Armstrong, Appletree, Ride Engine, O'neill, Gath.

Postby m20j » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:02 pm

That's an awful lot of wear on those rings... I've got hundreds of hours on my Core bars and my rings are still pristine and so are the lines.

Return to “Kitesurfing”