Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Core Sensor 3 Safety Issues (Core statement in initial post)

Forum for kitesurfers
deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Core Sensor 3 Safety Issues

Postby deniska » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:21 am

Matty V wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:14 pm
my presence? because every thread with core always attracts the same people, Deniska, YOU, Matteo all throwing in your pence worth , its like you all troll the brand deliberately, so i figure if you are going to troll the brand why shouldn't I pop in and ruffle the feathers.
why is this trolling?
Did I state anything that is factually incorrect in this thread?
it's just observations from my own experience from owning the product.
The idea is to help others to avoid some costly mistakes and maybe injuries..
Snapping or jamming bar is not a joke especially if you kite powered and boost big.
And no, I do not "troll" core explicitly..
You should see my comments in Nobile or Flysurfer threads..
What triggers me is not a brand but a product.. Everything breaks eventually, trust me I know, they call me "gear destroyer" locally.
I know average life expectancy of every gear item from my own long experience.
So if a product breaks faster than average - I get upset. And if a "premium-priced" product breaks super fast, I get very upset..
and I get pissed when brand pimps start throwing suggestions like "avoid sand, salty water, etc" for marine grade equipment blaming the user for the badly designed or faulty gear.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly mostly

Postby Faxie » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:01 am

deniska wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:21 am
Matty V wrote:
my presence? because every thread with core always attracts the same people, Deniska, YOU, Matteo all throwing in your pence worth , its like you all troll the brand deliberately, so i figure if you are going to troll the brand why shouldn't I pop in and ruffle the feathers.
why is this trolling?
Snapping or jamming bar is not a joke especially if you kite powered and boost big.
What triggers me is not a brand but a product.. Everything breaks eventually, trust me I know, they call me "gear destroyer" locally.
So if a product breaks faster than average - I get upset. And if a "premium-priced" product breaks super fast, I get very upset..
and I get pissed when brand pimps start throwing suggestions like "avoid sand, salty water, etc" for marine grade equipment blaming the user for the badly designed or faulty gear.
Lol, yeah it's like blaming a broken umbrella on user error because you got it wet :rollgrin:

ulukaya
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oak Beach
Style: Big Air
Gear: Core XR5 9m,12m
Carved Imperator V 135x39cm

Postby ulukaya » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:24 am

Faxie wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:01 am
deniska wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:21 am
Matty V wrote:
why is this trolling?
Lol, yeah it's like blaming a broken umbrella on user error because you got it wet :rollgrin:
But icing on the cake is that, they don't even have the replacement parts nor they offer a full replacement. Any part will have to be shipped from Germany on your own expense. Instead they will try to sell you new gear on "(fake) discounted" prices.

Kerplow
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 67 Kg
Local Beach: EU
Style: Allrounder
Gear: Looking for a new quiver

Postby Kerplow » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:17 am

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:04 am
ulukaya wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:24 am
But icing on the cake is that, they don't even have the replacement parts nor they offer a full replacement. Any part will have to be shipped from Germany on your own expense. Instead they will try to sell you new gear on "(fake) discounted" prices.
Is "irie mon" the only sensible one here? Like he said, demand your money back and move to another brand. And let your friends know that this stuff is junk. Also let beginners that may see or have seen you use this gear, know that it is crap.
But now its only "black or white". Do not agree with this approach. Kites are great, boards works too, etc. This topic is about Core Bar issues. Hopefully they will listen and do some changes.

HALF
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 88
Gear: 9m Cabrinha Radar (2016), 12m Reedin Supermodel, 12m Cabrinha Convert(2010), 9m Flysurfer Speed5(2017), 14m Airush Ultra v2 (2019), 15m Flysurfer Soul(2018), 19m Spleene X(2010)

Postby HALF » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:28 am

Under EU law, within the (minimum) legal guarantee period of two years, defective products must be repaired or replaced without any cost to the consumer. This includes any shipping costs. So, the seller should cover all shipping costs (the cost of you sending the faulty camera to the them and the trader returning the repaired camera to you).

However, the trader may wish to examine the camera to check whether it was defective when you bought it. In this case, you may have to pay to return the camera and ask to be refunded your shipping costs if the trader agrees that it was defective.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/c ... dex_en.htm

Matty V
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made

Postby Matty V » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:36 am

Thanks half, the op is in Australia though

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 75
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:54 am

iriejohn wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:22 pm

Not so.

I think you must have missed this post earlier in this thread which demonstrated how this issue should have been handled.

hth
Out of interest, do you know how long it was between Cabrinha finding the defect and releasing the recall notice (I'm sure I remember similar threads to this about Cabrinha bars at the time - but I might be wrong)?
Just playing devil's advocate here but I imagine it took a couple of months. At a minimum they would need a month or so to generate new parts and ship them all around the world to the dealers so that the product was available. It seems a little early to criticise the response at the moment as the manufacturer might be in the middle of arranging a recall.

For the record I think the thread is useful (bar the call out culture clash in the middle) as it highlights that there might be a problem and to check for wear. And that it seems that if premature wear is seen then the dealers will help with a temporary fix whilst the company look into it further. I understand though, the frustration about the perceived lack of transparency. Threads like this can be useful in helping customers identify if they are seeing a one off manufacturing problem or a design problem. Because of cover-ups in other industries (cars for example) there is a temptation to assume that problems are hushed up and treated on an individual basis as a way of avoiding negative publicity - though I'd suggest this view is probably wrong and that manufacturers understand that positive action for a recall results in a more positive view of the company.
These users thanked the author nothing2seehere for the post (total 3):
Kerplow (Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:05 pm) • notamondayperson (Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:04 pm) • iriejohn (Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:53 pm)
Rating: 20%

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:06 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:54 am
iriejohn wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:22 pm

Not so.

I think you must have missed this post earlier in this thread which demonstrated how this issue should have been handled.

hth
Out of interest, do you know how long it was between Cabrinha finding the defect and releasing the recall notice (I'm sure I remember similar threads to this about Cabrinha bars at the time - but I might be wrong)?
Just playing devil's advocate here but I imagine it took a couple of months. At a minimum they would need a month or so to generate new parts and ship them all around the world to the dealers so that the product was available. It seems a little early to criticise the response at the moment as the manufacturer might be in the middle of arranging a recall.

For the record I think the thread is useful (bar the call out culture clash in the middle) as it highlights that there might be a problem and to check for wear. And that it seems that if premature wear is seen then the dealers will help with a temporary fix whilst the company look into it further. I understand though, the frustration about the perceived lack of transparency. Threads like this can be useful in helping customers identify if they are seeing a one off manufacturing problem or a design problem. Because of cover-ups in other industries (cars for example) there is a temptation to assume that problems are hushed up and treated on an individual basis as a way of avoiding negative publicity - though I'd suggest this view is probably wrong and that manufacturers understand that positive action for a recall results in a more positive view of the company.
I think most people are very reasonable when it comes to judging how companies deal with these kind of issues. For all we know Core has checked with 20 team riders, employees etc. to hear if anyone have had any of these issues. What if they can't find any examples of it? And what if this is related to a specific batch produced in 2 weeks? Are you then going to go all out informing customers of something that you do not know is an issue or not? I can imagine it is quite difficult to get a clear picture of things quickly.

At the same time I do not see how it could hurt Core if they had said - this might be an issue and that we are investigating. Please inspect that part before riding. Seemingly there is no additional risk of lines that do now show clear signs of wear to just snap.

In this thread we are now somewhat driven to extremes. I do not believe that would reflect the average person's view of this. Just those that decide to engage (so selection bias).

notamondayperson
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Castelldefels, Sant Pere Pescador
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Freeride - Old school
Gear: Core XR6 12M
Core XR5 9m
Core XR4 7m
Core XR4 15m
Core Sensor 3+ Bar
Board: Clash Reincarnation 140cm

Postby notamondayperson » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:32 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:54 am
Thanks for pointing this out. As an fairly inexperienced kiter regarding to equipment, I didn't know I was at risk of snapping my safety line riding it without the black cover/protection. Even more, I wasn't aware d that it was a manufacturing defect. So this is not about dragging Core's reputation, but letting the community know if there's a problem.

It's fair to say that Core response (or at least my dealer) has been outstanding every time i had an issue with my bar.
1- The bar was delayed like 2 months due to Covid, and I had a brand new XR with no bar. They let me a Pro 2 bar until mine was shipped.
2- They send me the wrong bar ( the 3 instead of 3+). Again, they took my bar, let me Pro 2 bar and gave me my bar back in 10 days with the proper extensions.
3- When the ball stopper was broken, they replace it, mount it, trimmed my bar to make sure all was ok and fixed the sliding problem I mentioned in a post here.
4- When I called on Monday to my supplier, eh didn't push back and escalated to Core HQ, promising to revert back asap.

Would I would buy Core bar again? Sure, at least in my case they solved all the problems and were very supportive. Maybe I would buy the pro3 instead of the 3+

I had back luck with an initial batch of bar, that's biz as usual as this type shit happens all the time. What matters is what they do next.
Will see how they response now.

My only other problem with my bar is that I'm not able to release the size changer, no matter how much I push. It worked first day when I tried it, but i tried again like 3 weeks ago (3 months later) as I was riding a 7m and wanted a shorter bar, but for my life, I couldn't release it. Any tips?
These users thanked the author notamondayperson for the post (total 2):
zlatko23 (Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:50 pm) • Matty V (Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:54 pm)
Rating: 13.33%

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 98 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:26 pm

would be nice if some of you don't attack personal and use proper language.

This is an important topic that shows a potential problem and needs to be addressed.

Core is very aware of quality and for sure are looking into this closely with their teamriders etc.

So, pls respect opinions and calm down, this is too important to do a shit show.

Thanks
These users thanked the author Toby for the post (total 4):
TheRussian (Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:00 pm) • Matty V (Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:00 pm) • Guttorm (Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:36 pm) • iriejohn (Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:59 pm)
Rating: 26.67%

Return to “Kitesurfing”