Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone Enduro Quiver

Forum for kitesurfers
Levathian
Rare Poster
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:02 pm
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 80kg
Local Beach: Netherlands
Gear: Ozone Enduro
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Ozone Enduro Quiver

Postby Levathian » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:08 pm

Hi,

I am wondering what 2 kite quiver would you recommend for the Ozone Enduro v2?

I am 80kg, using a twintip.

Thanks!

Allround waterman
Rare Poster
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:52 am
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 82kg
Local Beach: Workum, holland
Favorite Beaches: Capetown , Wijk aan Zee, Harlingen, Fuerte ventura
Style: Old school - freestyle - big air - Foil
Gear: Lieuwe carbonara and Fone Foil
Ozone Enduro - Alpha
Airush Union
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ozone Enduro Quiver

Postby Allround waterman » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:46 pm

12 and 9 will do most off time.
12 and 8 also ok

Range 15 to 35kts

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:38 am
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 146 times

Re: Ozone Enduro Quiver

Postby Havre » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:05 pm

Will depend on the conditions you are most likely to kite in. I can use my 12 down to somewhere around 16-17 knots depending on temperature and how flat the water is. I'm around 100kg. Not much fun before getting closer to 20 though. So a 12 should cover you quite well in weak wind. A 12 matches up well with a 9. Overlaps nicely.

I got the v1. Not sure if the v2 is different in terms of wind range. I guess that they are not all that different in that respect.

HenkDeVries
Rare Poster
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:54 pm
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Ozone Enduro Quiver

Postby HenkDeVries » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:04 am

I have a 10 and a 7. both V2
Ride twintip and surfboard, mostly twintip, all below is based on twintipping
Range from 18 to 40 knots (gusts)
Weight is 87kg.
Useing this combo for 2 years, only time I was unable to kite was the upper range, so above 40 knots

Here in the netherlands I use the 10m the most.
The Enduro is quite a light kite, so the low end is pretty good in my opinion
from 18 to 25 knots, after that I get my 7

Would indeed get something like:
12 and 9
11 and 8
10 and 7
If the gap is 4m, you won't have overlap.
If the gap is 2m, perhaps too much overlap in the bigger sizes

However if money is not an issue I would go for 3 kites:
12-9-7
11-8-6
10-7-5 (my current setup with the 5m a dedicated wave kite and for the Dutch storms)
These users thanked the author HenkDeVries for the post:
Badgast (Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:00 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

User avatar
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2345
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Weight: 80kg, 1.76m
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9076° W (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotguns
Ozone Enduro V2s
Flite 14.5 Aluula
Duotone Fish
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 396 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Ozone Enduro Quiver

Postby iriejohn » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:42 pm

Levathian wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:08 pm
Hi,

I am wondering what 2 kite quiver would you recommend for the Ozone Enduro v2?

I am 80kg, using a twintip.

Thanks!
I'm 80kg on a twintip (Lieuwe Shotgun 136x40.5) now with 7/9/12m V2 Enduros, but had V2 Enduros 6/8/10/12m for 3 years.

If only ever 2 kites I would go for 8/11m.

But if you can buy another kite next year go 7/9m for the winter then next year buy a 12m. 12m kites by comparison with 7/9m are like trucks but necessary in late Spring and Summer. 8/12m is doable but it's a bit too much of a gap.

jj83
Rare Poster
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:39 am
Kiting since: 2018
Gear: CORE XR6 8/9/10/13.5
Sensor 2S Pro Bar 22+24m lines
Ozone Torque V1 138x42
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Ozone Enduro Quiver

Postby jj83 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:22 pm

I also owned 7/8/9/10/11/12m Enduro V2 over the last 2 years. Personally, I enjoyed the 9/10/11m the best for big air in Brazil and Cape Town - I found the gap bigger below 9 and above 11. There is normally a sweetspot for each kite model and I think in the Enduro V2 it is either 9/10m for big air. Depending on your style of riding (big air/strapless/freestyle etc). Quivers are such a personal choice and something I think everyone changes their opinion on over time. It also really depends on conditions you normally ride in. If big air and strong wind is your focus, then if you have a choice I wouldn't go more than 2m gaps and ideally 1m as crazy as that may sound. Being on the right size kite when you are lit in strong wind makes a big difference! If I had to choose 2 Enduros I would go 9/11 unless you are kiting in very strong cold dense winds averaging 30+ knots such as Cape Town or riding strapless.

User avatar
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2345
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Weight: 80kg, 1.76m
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9076° W (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotguns
Ozone Enduro V2s
Flite 14.5 Aluula
Duotone Fish
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 396 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Ozone Enduro Quiver

Postby iriejohn » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:46 am

The OP says ...
Viewing profile - Levathian
Username: Levathian
Rank:Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 80kg
Local Beach: Netherlands
Gear: Ozone Enduro
Brand Affiliation: None
... so given that he's been "kiting since 2020" it is unlikely that suitability for big air or strapless is currently high on his list of requirements ...
jj83 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:22 pm
I also owned 7/8/9/10/11/12m Enduro V2 over the last 2 years. Personally, I enjoyed the 9/10/11m the best for big air in Brazil and Cape Town - I found the gap bigger below 9 and above 11. There is normally a sweetspot for each kite model and I think in the Enduro V2 it is either 9/10m for big air. Depending on your style of riding (big air/strapless/freestyle etc). Quivers are such a personal choice and something I think everyone changes their opinion on over time. It also really depends on conditions you normally ride in. If big air and strong wind is your focus, then if you have a choice I wouldn't go more than 2m gaps and ideally 1m as crazy as that may sound. Being on the right size kite when you are lit in strong wind makes a big difference! If I had to choose 2 Enduros I would go 9/11 unless you are kiting in very strong cold dense winds averaging 30+ knots such as Cape Town or riding strapless.

Levathian
Rare Poster
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:02 pm
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 80kg
Local Beach: Netherlands
Gear: Ozone Enduro
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Ozone Enduro Quiver

Postby Levathian » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:58 pm

Thanks for the replied guys. Ye i am a beginner, only a couple of hours of indepedent kiting and this will my first kite set. I will probably take the 12/9 combo or 11/8 combo, will ask around locally here what is recommended.

Again thanks for the input!
These users thanked the author Levathian for the post (total 2):
jj83 (Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:35 pm) • iriejohn (Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:43 pm)
Rating: 13.33%

jj83
Rare Poster
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:39 am
Kiting since: 2018
Gear: CORE XR6 8/9/10/13.5
Sensor 2S Pro Bar 22+24m lines
Ozone Torque V1 138x42
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Ozone Enduro Quiver

Postby jj83 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:32 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:46 am
The OP says ...
Viewing profile - Levathian
Username: Levathian
Rank:Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 80kg
Local Beach: Netherlands
Gear: Ozone Enduro
Brand Affiliation: None
... so given that he's been "kiting since 2020" it is unlikely that suitability for big air or strapless is currently high on his list of requirements ...

I prefer not to make assumptions as my first year kiting in 2018 on Enduro V2s I spent 2 months in Dom Rep followed by 4 months in Brazil followed by 5 months in Cape Town riding everyday I could. I was jumping 15+ metres which is entering into the realm of big air for me and riding strapless. I personally think hours spent riding is significantly more important than years riding and this info wasn't mentioned, but just my 2 cents.

User avatar
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2345
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Weight: 80kg, 1.76m
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9076° W (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotguns
Ozone Enduro V2s
Flite 14.5 Aluula
Duotone Fish
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 396 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Ozone Enduro Quiver

Postby iriejohn » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:46 pm

Levathian wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:58 pm
Thanks for the replied guys. Ye i am a beginner, only a couple of hours of indepedent kiting and this will my first kite set. I will probably take the 12/9 combo or 11/8 combo, will ask around locally here what is recommended.

Again thanks for the input!
Your local guys will know. :thumb:


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 55 guests