Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Getting a better kiteloop with a bigger bar?

Forum for kitesurfers
Barryg101
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa, Obidos & Brouwersdam
Favorite Beaches: Dahkla
Style: Freestyle , Big Air & Megaloops
Gear: Eleveight FS & Cabrinha FX

Getting a better kiteloop with a bigger bar?

Postby Barryg101 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:43 am

Okay guys I've been sending bigger loops and have always used the smaller bar size(45)cm as I just prefer the feel.

Recently I have went with the Eleveight larger bar and I definatley feel I can crank the bar a good bit more and send the kite faster around in a loop hence catching me a lot sooner than before and ending in smoother landings and a lot less heavy impact crashes!

I would love to know your opinion on this from any kiteloop addicts, does it matter to you the bar size? I ride the 10 FS.

Seems logical yet and I've never seen what bar size the big looopers choose :evil:

BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's & Dash
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Getting a better kiteloop with a bigger bar?

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:41 am

does it matter to you the bar size?
... not in the least. The Naish Torch flys on a 45cm bar on all sizes and is one of the best kitelooping kites out there, the 11m & 14m loop perfectly on a 45cm. What matters is the kite shape, bridals V direct attachments, PSI pressure & line lengths far more.

Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.

Postby Herman » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:15 pm

Before changing bar length, and assuming you have not already tried this:

Try using your slack hand to control the speed of your loop. Go for your normal pull and if you want to speed up your loop push to more fishpole with your slack hand. Be careful not to stuff the end of the bar into your lines. Obviously start with ordinary loops to assess if it would be helpful to your megaloops and search for the ideal extra pull and extra slack hand push. Works for my looping in waves but I am too decrepit to play with Megaloops.

PS. With longer bars on small kite you will have to be more careful to avoid the effects of oversheeting imho. Good luck!
Last edited by Herman on Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Herman for the post:
Dutchman (Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:46 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:22 pm

BillyGoatGruff wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:41 am
does it matter to you the bar size?
... not in the least. The Naish Torch flys on a 45cm bar on all sizes and is one of the best kitelooping kites out there, the 11m & 14m loop perfectly on a 45cm. What matters is the kite shape, bridals V direct attachments, PSI pressure & line lengths far more.
I have no clue as to how much it matters, but surely it would matter some?

How would you loop with a 10cm bar?

Return to “Kitesurfing”