Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Mystic Majestic vs Mystic Majestic X: differences in fit and comfort

Forum for kitesurfers
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80-81kg, 1.76m
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9076° W (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotguns
Ozone Enduro V2s
Duotone Fish
Brand Affiliation: None

Mystic Majestic vs Mystic Majestic X: differences in fit and comfort

Postby iriejohn » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:33 pm

Question only for those who have used both harnesses: did you find any differences in fit and comfort between the Mystic Majestic and Mystic Majestic X harnesses, and if so what were they please?

Thanks.

mister-z
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 180
Local Beach: San Diego
Style: poor
Gear: AXIS Tray 94 + 760 foil, 12m Hyperlink, 5m Peak4, Cabrinha LEIs, shitty old TT that I need to replace
Brand Affiliation: AXIS ambassador

Re: Mystic Majestic vs Mystic Majestic X: differences in fit and comfort

Postby mister-z » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:52 pm

I haven't ridden with both, but I've tried both on and hung my weight into them off a fixed anchor, and then I bought the non-X. To me they felt identical, so the X wasn't worth the extra cash. Maybe I'd have actually felt a difference while riding, but I doubt it.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:56 pm

Fit more or less the same. Maybe the X is a tad tighter, but that could just as well be because the original was used a lot more. Also I got the Stealth bar which might influence the fit. I'm a M for both and I doubt it if I would be able to tell which one is which in a blind test.

The original fits me brilliantly. By far the best fit among any harness I have ever tried - before the X. The X wasn't a revolution for me at all, but my guess is that like a stereo now that I have gotten used to it I probably wouldn't trade down again.

Not sure if it is the stealth bar or the harness itself, but it rides up less. Not that that is a big issue for me in general. Pressure points are obviously different. Again not an issue for me, but with the original I felt it more specifically in "spots" in my back. Never led to any pain or anything. The X that is a lot more "distributed" throughout the whole back. Also the shape along the sides seem to hold up better when you get yanked - if that is the bar or the harness I couldn't say.

I love both of them.

Locking mechanism is a lot nicer with the stealth bar. Only thing I didn't like with the original. Not a big issue, but especially with cold fingers it could be a bit of a "%"%"%"#! to open. Also quite sensitive to sand when putting it on. Never had it release on me though.
These users thanked the author Havre for the post:
iriejohn (Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:35 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Ozone Enduro V2s
Duotone Fish

Postby iriejohn » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:31 pm

mister-z wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:52 pm
I haven't ridden with both, but I've tried both on and hung my weight into them off a fixed anchor, and then I bought the non-X. To me they felt identical, so the X wasn't worth the extra cash. Maybe I'd have actually felt a difference while riding, but I doubt it.
I'll be hanging off both in my local shop later this week.
Havre wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:56 pm
Fit more or less the same. Maybe the X is a tad tighter, but that could just as well be because the original was used a lot more. Also I got the Stealth bar which might influence the fit. I'm a M for both and I doubt it if I would be able to tell which one is which in a blind test.

The original fits me brilliantly. By far the best fit among any harness I have ever tried - before the X. The X wasn't a revolution for me at all, but my guess is that like a stereo now that I have gotten used to it I probably wouldn't trade down again.

Not sure if it is the stealth bar or the harness itself, but it rides up less. Not that that is a big issue for me in general. Pressure points are obviously different. Again not an issue for me, but with the original I felt it more specifically in "spots" in my back. Never led to any pain or anything. The X that is a lot more "distributed" throughout the whole back. Also the shape along the sides seem to hold up better when you get yanked - if that is the bar or the harness I couldn't say.

I love both of them.

Locking mechanism is a lot nicer with the stealth bar. Only thing I didn't like with the original. Not a big issue, but especially with cold fingers it could be a bit of a "%"%"%"#! to open. Also quite sensitive to sand when putting it on. Never had it release on me though.
I'll be using my M Stealth rope bar.

Kerplow
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 67 Kg
Local Beach: EU
Style: Allrounder
Gear: Looking for a new quiver

Postby Kerplow » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:47 pm

Same, but X is stiffer. I bought non X. Go only with Stealth bar. Sizing of the bar is bigger. Meaning if you are usually M it could be that S bar would fit you to :)

mattaiken MYS NKB
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Toronto, ON. Canada
Style: Directional.Foil/Surf
Gear: North/Mystic
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding - Mystic Boarding

Postby mattaiken MYS NKB » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:58 pm

Fit (in terms of size) will be the same.

Comfort is a bit more tricky to answer.
The X is more stiff harness in terms of flex across the shell. Meaning if you looked from the top of the harness, under load in this dimension, the X is stiffer than the Majestic, so has more support.
However the X is softer in terms of torsion (or twist) than the Majestic.
So the X is more supportive under load while also offering more flex/mobility side to side.
The X is also lighter.

This is relatively clear if you take a Majestic and a Majestic X in your hands and do some checking. Flex them both in various ways and you'll feel the difference.

In terms of on-water feel, the difference is pretty subtle.

We have team riders and customers who say they prefer the Majestic being a bit softer flex, others that choose the Majestic X for the extra stiffness.

I hope this helps.
These users thanked the author mattaiken MYS NKB for the post:
iriejohn (Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:52 pm)

mattaiken MYS NKB
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Toronto, ON. Canada
Style: Directional.Foil/Surf
Gear: North/Mystic
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding - Mystic Boarding

Postby mattaiken MYS NKB » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:01 pm

Havre wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:56 pm

I love both of them.

There were some minor changes from the first generation Majestic/Majestic X to the second generation but I feel like the improvements you note are primarily from moving to the Stealth Bar. The Stealth Bar will improve fit, lockdown, and ultimately performance on any harness it's compatible with.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Ozone Enduro V2s
Duotone Fish

Postby iriejohn » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:58 pm

mattaiken MYS NKB wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:58 pm
Fit (in terms of size) will be the same.

Comfort is a bit more tricky to answer.
The X is more stiff harness in terms of flex across the shell. Meaning if you looked from the top of the harness, under load in this dimension, the X is stiffer than the Majestic, so has more support.
However the X is softer in terms of torsion (or twist) than the Majestic.
So the X is more supportive under load while also offering more flex/mobility side to side.
The X is also lighter.

This is relatively clear if you take a Majestic and a Majestic X in your hands and do some checking. Flex them both in various ways and you'll feel the difference.

In terms of on-water feel, the difference is pretty subtle.

We have team riders and customers who say they prefer the Majestic being a bit softer flex, others that choose the Majestic X for the extra stiffness.

I hope this helps.
It does help, thanks.

Normally wear a Mystic Marshall and my lower back (have had a herniated disc) loves the support it gives.

Blackened
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Style: Big Air, Airstyle
Gear: 2020 Rebels
2020 Orbits

Postby Blackened » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:16 pm

Definitely get the stealth bar. It makes a huge difference in lockdown.
These users thanked the author Blackened for the post:
iriejohn (Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:20 pm)

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Ozone Enduro V2s
Duotone Fish

Postby iriejohn » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:28 pm

Blackened wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:16 pm
Definitely get the stealth bar. It makes a huge difference in lockdown.
I already have one (Medium) on my Mystic Marshall which I'll use on the waist harness.

The reason why I'm going to a waist harness, in spite of my damaged back, is that I have just started learning strapless (Duotone Fish) and the Mystic Marshall seat harness is too restrictive. It does not allow me enough hip flexibility to pull my knees close enough to get the soles of my feet flat on the deck for starting. IYSWIM.

Return to “Kitesurfing”