Local Beach: Le Morne, Mauritius
Gear: Didn't buy yet
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Liquid force NV V8 with north trustbar

Postby Friman » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:41 pm

Hi,
I currently have a 9m north mono kite with 24m north trustbar. I weight 79kg, a beginner, and the wind speed at my area (Mauritius) is between 10kn at the summer to 20-25kn in the winter. I can ride with my 9m as low as around 15kn, but now it is summer so most of the time it is not enough... So I'm considering to buy a second handed 13.5 Liquid force NV v8 kite.
I wish to use it with my north trustbar, nevertheless I know the trustbar is a high split and couldn't find information if LF are high or low split kites, but I tend to believe they are designed for a low v split. So the question is if it should be compatible? I know it is not advisable to use a high split kite with a low split bar, I'm asking about the opposite situation - high split bar with a low split kite...?

Matteo V

Re: Liquid force NV V8 with north trustbar

Postby Matteo V » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:13 pm

Friman wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:41 pm
Hi,
I currently have a 9m north mono kite with 24m north trustbar. I weight 79kg, a beginner, and the wind speed at my area (Mauritius) is between 10kn at the summer to 20-25kn in the winter. I can ride with my 9m as low as around 15kn, but now it is summer so most of the time it is not enough... So I'm considering to buy a second handed 13.5 Liquid force NV v8 kite.
I wish to use it with my north trustbar, nevertheless I know the trustbar is a high split and couldn't find information if LF are high or low split kites, but I tend to believe they are designed for a low v split. So the question is if it should be compatible? I know it is not advisable to use a high split kite with a low split bar, I'm asking about the opposite situation - high split bar with a low split kite...?
Trust bar is a "mid Y". A "high Y" is about half way up to the kite, like older ozone and HQ snowkites.

I use my 2013 north trust bar (23m lines) with a 15m NV V8 and I think it is fine. I just got a 2019 SS bar with 27m lines (low Y), but am switching to foil kites for the winter - so I wont get to try it out to see if there is a difference for another 3 months.

Friman
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 80
Local Beach: Le Morne, Mauritius
Gear: Didn't buy yet
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Liquid force NV V8 with north trustbar

Postby Friman » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:41 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Friman wrote:
Hi,
Trust bar is a "mid Y". A "high Y" is about half way up to the kite, like older ozone and HQ snowkites.

I use my 2013 north trust bar (23m lines) with a 15m NV V8 and I think it is fine. I just got a 2019 SS bar with 27m lines (low Y), but am switching to foil kites for the winter - so I wont get to try it out to see if there is a difference for another 3 months.
Matteo V wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:13 pm
Friman wrote:
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your detailed response.
At the shop rhey also said the differences will be very minor especially for a beginner.
I bought 12m liquid force WOW at the end, got a better price for it and the seller recommended 12m as better for my size and local wind conditions.

Return to “Kitesurfing”