Tableview - Cape Town, South Africa
Style: Big Air :D
Gear: 2022 Dice 10m/12m SLS, 2022 Rebel SLS 12m, 2022 15m Aluula Juice
2017 Core Choice 2 142, 2020 Duotone Jaime Textreme, 2014 Best Breeze 145,
Brand Affiliation: The Maui Kitesurf Company
www.mauikitesurf.com

2021/2020 Harnesses - Hardshells

Postby dracop » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:33 pm

Thoughts on Hardshell Harnesses from the 2021/2020 lineups?

I currently ride Dakine C-1s but they are getting some wear and tear.

Dakine has the C-2 but not sure what changed?
The 2020+ Pyro seems to now i corporate a hardshell on the back with the molding on the interior?

Thoughts on C-2 vs newer Pyro?

Also how does it compare vs the Mystic Stealth?

Note The Ride Engine (original hardshell) is abit small for me, does not spread the load out enough.

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Re: 2021/2020 Harnesses - Hardshells

Postby Da Yoda » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:28 pm

Just a heads up if you're considering any Dakine harnesses. If you can find it, buy it!
madworld wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:19 am
Da Yoda wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:22 pm
CaptainCore wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:58 pm
Have Dakine stopped making them then? I know they've shut the HR facility, but it would be a tragedy if they've ceased production of Seat Harnesses and my favorite the Nitrous Shorts.
Yes. Dakine is no longer producing Windsports equipment and that devision of their company is up for sale. Any inventory on the market is it until that devision is sold and hopefully production resumes. For now, I consider Dakine Windsports extinct. :(
If you're a Dakine fanatic, now is the time to load up while you can still find your preferred model and size. :thumb:
I heard that there is a new company for 2021, but all will stay the same as far as products go until 2022, then who know. I purchased two dakine fusion seat harness, just in case. love them. I do not know who is the new company though other than it is a big reputable company. If you like dakine products, stock up know before it disappears as we know it.
You might like Ion's Apex Curv 13 if you want more load spread across the back vs the Ride Engine harness. Mystic's Stealth is almost identical in shape to the RE and the Ion Riot, so it may not be what you're looking for. :thumb:

Saltyman
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 85kg
Style: Freeride/wakestyle, old school big air
Gear: Slingshot,Naish, Cabrinha,
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Saltyman » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:06 am

Prolimit vapor

mattaiken MYS NKB
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Toronto, ON. Canada
Style: Directional.Foil/Surf
Gear: North/Mystic
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding - Mystic Boarding

Postby mattaiken MYS NKB » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:15 pm

Da Yoda wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:28 pm
Just a heads up if you're considering any Dakine harnesses. If you can find it, buy it!
madworld wrote:
Da Yoda wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:22 pm

Yes. Dakine is no longer producing Windsports equipment and that devision of their company is up for sale. Any inventory on the market is it until that devision is sold and hopefully production resumes. For now, I consider Dakine Windsports extinct. :(
If you're a Dakine fanatic, now is the time to load up while you can still find your preferred model and size. :thumb:
I heard that there is a new company for 2021, but all will stay the same as far as products go until 2022, then who know. I purchased two dakine fusion seat harness, just in case. love them. I do not know who is the new company though other than it is a big reputable company. If you like dakine products, stock up know before it disappears as we know it.
You might like Ion's Apex Curv 13 if you want more load spread across the back vs the Ride Engine harness. Mystic's Stealth is almost identical in shape to the RE and the Ion Riot, so it may not be what you're looking for. :thumb:
Respectively I must say the Stealth has a very different shape and perhaps more importantly flex characteristics than the harnesses you mentioned. I'm not going to say better/worse, etc but I should point out their are significant differences. Thankfully it's never been a better time to be buying a new harness and there will no doubt be lots of info available to help you with your decision.

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:39 pm

mattaiken MYS NKB wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:15 pm
Respectively I must say the Stealth has a very different shape and perhaps more importantly flex characteristics than the harnesses you mentioned. I'm not going to say better/worse, etc but I should point out their are significant differences.
Regarding the shape, I'm referring to the shorter back panel height found on almost every modern hardshell. I'm not referring to the shape of the shell molding which will also affect the fit. Are you saying the Stealth is completely different than the Majestic in it's dimension? Is the back panel shape taller and more profiled like the Warrior or Legend? From what I've seen they look to be nearly the same dimensions.

Kerplow
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 64 Kg
Local Beach: EU
Style: Allrounder
Gear: North Reach 13, 11
North Orbit 10, 8, 6
North Focus 136+boots
North Atmos 133
Duotone Team 134
Duotone Whip 5'2

Postby Kerplow » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:05 pm

mattaiken MYS NKB wrote:
Da Yoda wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:28 pm
madworld wrote:

Respectively I must say the Stealth has a very different shape and perhaps more importantly flex characteristics than the harnesses you mentioned. I'm not going to say better/worse, etc but I should point out their are significant differences. Thankfully it's never been a better time to be buying a new harness and there will no doubt be lots of info available to help you with your decision.
I second on that. Stealth and even Majestics are totally different than RE. Bought Apex 8 last year and immediately sold that. My Friend bought Apex 13 and sold it as well. We both now own Mystic Majestic's :)

adamj2281
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Charleston, SC - Folly Beach
Favorite Beaches: Folly Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Playa Avellanas, Barker's, GC, East End, St. Croix,VI
Style: Surf mostly, some freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam 7,12
Ocean Rodeo Crave 9
5'2" North Whip CSC
5'4" Tomo Hydroshort
Nobile 2HD
Slingshot H4 Batwing foil
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Postby adamj2281 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:38 pm

Yeah, I agree with everything said here - Stealth feels completely different to my Ion CS I've had for the past 2 years, and different from the new 2021 Ride Engine I tried on.

mattaiken MYS NKB
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Toronto, ON. Canada
Style: Directional.Foil/Surf
Gear: North/Mystic
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding - Mystic Boarding

Postby mattaiken MYS NKB » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:00 pm

Da Yoda wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:39 pm
mattaiken MYS NKB wrote:
Respectively I must say the Stealth has a very different shape and perhaps more importantly flex characteristics than the harnesses you mentioned. I'm not going to say better/worse, etc but I should point out their are significant differences.
Regarding the shape, I'm referring to the shorter back panel height found on almost every modern hardshell. I'm not referring to the shape of the shell molding which will also affect the fit. Are you saying the Stealth is completely different than the Majestic in it's dimension? Is the back panel shape taller and more profiled like the Warrior or Legend? From what I've seen they look to be nearly the same dimensions.
The Majestic X and Stealth with have almost identical dimensions in terms of height of back. The actual shell (Bionic Core in Mystic speak) is the same. I hadn't referenced either the Majestic, or Majestic X vs Stealth, but the dimensions of the shells are the same. There's threads already referencing difference between flex of Majestic and Majestic X shell.

The Stealth will have a slightly different fit than the Majestic or Majestic X. The Stealth has a slightly more build up padding in the lumbar. So the Majestic and Majestic X will be slightly flatter in the small of the back. I personally don't consider this difference to be that substantial. The bigger difference in these Mystic models will be related to the Stealth's lighter weight non-water absorbing properties.

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:58 am

Ride Engine with the spreader all the way. You do have try them on to find the right combo. I have the 10"bar with a large harness but their sizing chart has me in the medium.

SMJ
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Gear: Cabrimha, Core, Flysurfer, Carved, Naish, Duotone, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Liquid Force, Lift, Spleene, Mystic, ION.

Postby SMJ » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:32 am

Mystic Majestic
Mystic Majestic X
Mystic Stealth

All with Mystic Stealth spreader bar.

Return to “Kitesurfing”