Local Beach: Emerald Isle, Indian Beach, Bogue Sound, Cape Lookout, all in NC
Style: Back and forth
Gear: Slingshot Rally 7, 9, Switch Nano 12, Slingshot Turbine 15
Misfit 136, 146
Ocean Rodeo Mako 140, 150
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2021/2020 Harnesses - Hardshells

Postby Wind Runner » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:38 am

I was totally coincidentally looking to see if I could find any Dakine C-1 harnesses and after not finding anything in the online stores came here and searched... I can't believe that Dakine is getting out of windsports. What in the world? I thought they were one of the industry leaders. If this is a pure business decision (which I assume it is) then windsports must be in a major decline 😩. I'm shocked.

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2021/2020 Harnesses - Hardshells

Postby Robsw6 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:18 pm

As noted, the Mystic Stealth is a very different fit to anything else I have ever used.

It is a nicely put together harness, with good construction & very innovative in the use of the neoprene padding that doesn't take on water.

Sadly for me, I have used mine twice in powered conditions - 25-30 knots and on both times, I had to come in to take the harness off, as unfortunately, the internal waistband is thicker/more rigid than my RRD Y25 Carbon Shield and it feels like my rib cartilage/10th VB rib is about to snap (again).

The RRD carbon Shield is stated to have a low profile spreader & putting the two harnesses side by side there is little if any visible difference, but the difference riding is night & day - the RRD suits my back & seems to spread load better, as I have taken the Stealth off and gone straight out with the Shield.

Definitely try before you buy, but bless them, my retailer (CBK Hayling) offered a full refund :heartface:

Return to “Kitesurfing”