Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Standard crazyfly raptor vs raptor extreme, real life reviews?

Forum for kitesurfers
pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Standard crazyfly raptor Vs raptor extreme, real life reviews?

Postby pj sofine » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:30 pm

I've posted on this topic in earlier threads.My 136 and 140 rapter pro ltd's have held for for me,Ive gone 7 yrs on the 136 and a few less on the 140(got it the same year they added that size?) with no issues. My ? how do the sizes relate ? Do you have to size up due to a difference in shape etc? Would I replace my 136 with the 135 or 138 ? My 140 with the 140 or 143 ?

zlatko23
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 70
Favorite Beaches: Keros(Limnos)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter 5m², Ozone Enduro V3 7/11m²&V4 9m², CrazyFly Raptor LTD, Appletree Malus Domestica 5'1"

Postby zlatko23 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:53 pm

@pj sofine - for me Raptor LTD has held extremely good as well! When I started the sport in 2016 I bought used 2013 Raptor LTD from a friend. It was 140x42 and I have used this board until this September - that is 7 years! I bought now 2021 LTD 136x41. Comparing those 2 boards: 140(2013) is noticeably smoother in the chop, easier on your knees, but feels somehow "clunky" to 136(2021). 136 allows me to hold an edge easier, feels more direct and nimble, but somewhat harsher. I am not sure if it is the size or the stiffness/construction. I remember trying out the 136 Elite 3 years ago and looking back it kinda felt like it was blending the smoothness of the 140 LTD with the directness of the 136. But price seems way to high for me. I was considering to get the Extreme, but now I think I am better off with LTD. Extreme is noticeably heavier and noticeably stiffer(on paper). I am a lighter and non-aggressive rider, so added stiffness and weight doesn't seem to bring much benefit for me.

Kiteaddicted
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Pt Chev, Auckland
Favorite Beaches: Te Atatu, Auckland
St Kilda, Melbourne
Style: Freeride
Gear: Airrush Switch twin tip
Naish Global Surfboard
9m Slingshot Rally
12m Airush Union
18m Airush Lithium Zero

Postby Kiteaddicted » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:14 am

I like the look of the raptor extreme but no way to try before you buy in New Zealand....

Blackened
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Style: Big Air, Airstyle
Gear: 2020 Rebels
23/24 Orbits

Postby Blackened » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:44 pm

Kiteaddicted wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:14 am
I like the look of the raptor extreme but no way to try before you buy in New Zealand....
Way to stiff for Pt Chev or Te Atatu...or St Kilda. :)
These users thanked the author Blackened for the post:
Kiteaddicted (Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:29 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:56 pm

Blackened wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:44 pm
Kiteaddicted wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:14 am
Way to stiff for Pt Chev or Te Atatu...or St Kilda. :)
I ride it in all kinds of water including extreme chop, and it's really not that bad. Not comfortable either though. Have to use your legs as dampers a bit more.

CrazyFly official
Rare Poster
Gear: Hyper, Sculp, Raptor Extreme
Brand Affiliation: CrazyFly
Has thanked: 0

Postby CrazyFly official » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:18 pm

downunder wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:37 am
SAVE_20201205_232736.jpeg

IMG_10122020_143651_(405_x_720_pixel).jpg
Hi, we do not see these pictures in our warranty mailbox. We do not get many claims, so it was easy and quick to go through all Elite II claims. Did you submit a claim?
According to what I see on the pics here, this qualifies for a replacement board, given the board is under the warranty period and you can provide a proof of purchase.
You can submit your claim by email to: warranty@crazyflykites.com
Please include your board serial number, located under the left footpad.
Thanks, CrazyFly Kiteboarding.

PS. just to provide a bit of general info, boards are made from natural materials which sometimes have hidden problems. For example, the wood core can have a knot inside that is not visible even during QC.
This is why we have a warranty. In our case 3 years, and if you provide the info above, your board will be replaced for a new one.
It is not true that brands do not provide replacement boards. We do, and we also know many brands that do the same.
These users thanked the author CrazyFly official for the post (total 4):
zlatko23 (Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:43 pm) • Kamikuza (Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:10 am) • Pitu (Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:25 pm) • Dave_5280 (Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:29 am)
Rating: 12.12%

Face_NickJr
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 150 lbs
Local Beach: Claiborne, Dewey, Assateague
Favorite Beaches: Tom's Cove, Chincoteague
Style: Medium Air
Gear: 2019 Slingshot Rally 6m
2022 North Orbit 8m
2022 North Orbit 10m
2022 North Orbit 12m

Postby Face_NickJr » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:31 pm

Matt_TYRCZ wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:53 pm
I Had Raptor LTD and broke it ( boosting , kite loops ). , I bought Extreme now .
Thicker , a little heavier but bulletproof. Amazing board ! .

So if you just cruising with easy landing tricks get Raptor LTD. , if you go hard definitely get Extreme
What is your kg? I have a Cab Ace wood hybrid 135 but the quad rails seem to suction the water on take-off like no other board I've used, especially when chop washes over the back. I can only get the pop right on flat water.

I'm considering the LTD over the Extreme specifically because they market its ability to eat chop, but I also want that big air performance. Do you think it would break on crash landings around 8-12m?

Matt_TYRCZ
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Virginia Beach , VA
Favorite Beaches: First Landing State Park, OBX
Style: booting, kiteloop, freestyle
Gear: CORE Kiteboarding, MYSTIC , CrazyFLy

Postby Matt_TYRCZ » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:41 pm

Face_NickJr wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:31 pm
Matt_TYRCZ wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:53 pm
I Had Raptor LTD and broke it ( boosting , kite loops ). , I bought Extreme now .
Thicker , a little heavier but bulletproof. Amazing board ! .

So if you just cruising with easy landing tricks get Raptor LTD. , if you go hard definitely get Extreme
What is your kg? I have a Cab Ace wood hybrid 135 but the quad rails seem to suction the water on take-off like no other board I've used, especially when chop washes over the back. I can only get the pop right on flat water.

I'm considering the LTD over the Extreme specifically because they market its ability to eat chop, but I also want that big air performance. Do you think it would break on crash landings around 8-12m?
65 kg ,

you shouldn't brake it that easy , I broke mine in Cape Town - not really sure how - wasn't doing anything crazy ,
try not to do land slides , tail stands or landings in shallow water, avoid rocks and you should be fine ,
register the board as soon as you buy , I think there is 3 year warranty if you brake it .
over all amazing board and worth the money

McLovin
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 124 kg
Local Beach: The Columbia River Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Rufus & Rooster - sandy ones with smooth wind
Style: TT - Newbie Foiler
Gear: Armstrong FOIL - SS Dwarfcraft - North Code Zero 7,8 - CORE Section 4,5 XR 7,9 Ocean Rodeo RISE (A) 9/10/11 Ocean Rodeo Flite 14.5(A), CARVE Imperator 151cm TT and Crazy Fly Raptor 140cm Neon TT - Ocean Rodeo Ignites Drysuit - Mystic Majestic 5/4 4/3 other stuff...
Brand Affiliation: Just stuff I like... THANKS Armie!

Postby McLovin » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:28 pm

CrazyFly official wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:18 pm
Hi, we do not see these pictures in our warranty mailbox. We do not get many claims, so it was easy and quick to go through all Elite II claims. Did you submit a claim?
According to what I see on the pics here, this qualifies for a replacement board, given the board is under the warranty period and you can provide a proof of purchase.
You can submit your claim by email to: warranty@crazyflykites.com
Please include your board serial number, located under the left footpad.
Thanks, CrazyFly Kiteboarding.

PS. just to provide a bit of general info, boards are made from natural materials which sometimes have hidden problems. For example, the wood core can have a knot inside that is not visible even during QC.
This is why we have a warranty. In our case 3 years, and if you provide the info above, your board will be replaced for a new one.
It is not true that brands do not provide replacement boards. We do, and we also know many brands that do the same.
MIC DROP - Well that pretty much settles it - GOOD ON YA CF - not surprised but love the feedback...

My own .02 been riding the LTD NEON 140 for years at 127kg and NO WORRIES - BEST BOARD EVER - I've put a bunch of my newer kite mates on CF Raptors and they all love them too even tho they are mostly smallish people compared to me - at my size the LTD eats up the chop and rides Gorge swells like a dream - the NEW HEXA straps are PERFECT the older parted in the middle design was less than but going forward you should be confident going with a CRAZY FLY BOARD - the RAPTOR is a good one - MAYBE THE BEST IMHO...

Cheers!

Mc

:dance:
These users thanked the author McLovin for the post:
CaptainKook (Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:26 pm)

hookedcook
Medium Poster
Gear: Elevegiht RS 10 and 12

Re: Standard crazyfly raptor vs raptor extreme, real life reviews?

Postby hookedcook » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:48 pm

I have a regular raptor, great board. Ran it over a piece of coral on the flats in the Bahamas. Still going strong
These users thanked the author hookedcook for the post:
CaptainKook (Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:26 pm)

Return to “Kitesurfing”