Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Please help to open SA beaches for kitesurfers

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:27 pm

Hugh2 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:18 pm
This is crazy, who would have though that kiteforum would have these rabid trumpians.
Hugh2 wrote:
Try thinking about this from a point of view other than your privileged white view.
Wow trying to bring in race AND politics. Pathetic. You sir are definitely part of the problem.

I think you have it wrong. The government doesn’t make the rules, WE the people make the rules. We don’t listen to the government, the governments need to listen to US. If the majority of the people want to open back up and move on, it’s the government’s “responsibility” to heed to their wishes. I know you haven’t matured since high school and need that adult to tell you what to do but that’s not how this works. The government works for us, not the other way around no matter what side your political views are.

If you allow the government full power due to an “emergency” then the government will always find ways to declare even more emergencies. Take responsibility and action on your own, not what you are told to do.
These users thanked the author Adventure Logs for the post (total 3):
cor (Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:30 pm) • loco4viento (Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:29 am) • POACHER (Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:24 pm)
Rating: 9.09%

piccio
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rome
Favorite Beaches: sardinia cape town
Style: wave
Gear: religion 5 6 8
firewire 5 11 maquina 5.9

Postby piccio » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:47 am

dear adventure logs where you live? savana or tundra? do not fill your mouth with words that are not your ...try to think with your head ...it is not difficult.... you have to talk not to listen yourself. yust to say something ,here in italy last august all young people wanted to go dancing during vacations because as you say they they did not listen the government ...covid started spreading again ....now all italy closed red zone ...in my case (all christmas markets closed) zero working.........who has to decide something?
ma stai zitto e non dire cazzate...

leeuwen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Anything in NL
Style: Foiling around
Gear: KauperXT 11M Falcon
Ocean Rodeo aluula roam 10m / HL Crave 8m/6m/5m
Slingshot ghost 4M
Sabfoil 1350L,633,699,671/ 83-103 kraken mast / Groove Skate L + Radical / Sabfoil T35 / Microchip
Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby leeuwen » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:32 am

Adventure Logs wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:27 pm

I think you have it wrong. The government doesn’t make the rules, WE the people make the rules. We don’t listen to the government, the governments need to listen to US. If the majority of the people want to open back up and move on, it’s the government’s “responsibility” to heed to their wishes. I know you haven’t matured since high school and need that adult to tell you what to do but that’s not how this works. The government works for us, not the other way around no matter what side your political views are.
That’s a very big over simplification and simply not true.
Government also has to represent and protect minorities and other “minor things” in the Geneva convention.
e.g. The majority might want to do things like forbid kitesurfing for all people of a certain color/race/religion. Should government just do that?

“The will of the people” usually also just looks at today and does not concern itself about tomorrow or a week/month/year from now.
Government also has to deal with the fallout of whatever choice they make in a few months.

In this case it is a hard choice between economics health and physical health of a nation. I certainly don’t have the answer to these questions but especially as outsiders, as most people reading this don’t actually live there, let’s not pretend we know what’s best for this country.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:10 am

leeuwen wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:32 am
Adventure Logs wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:27 pm

That’s a very big over simplification and simply not true.
Government also has to represent and protect minorities and other “minor things” in the Geneva convention.
e.g. The majority might want to do things like forbid kitesurfing for all people of a certain color/race/religion. Should government just do that?

“The will of the people” usually also just looks at today and does not concern itself about tomorrow or a week/month/year from now.
Government also has to deal with the fallout of whatever choice they make in a few months.

In this case it is a hard choice between economics health and physical health of a nation. I certainly don’t have the answer to these questions but especially as outsiders, as most people reading this don’t actually live there, let’s not pretend we know what’s best for this country.
It is true though -- there's plenty of evidence of taxes, regulations and laws etc being left in place long after "emergencies" have finished.
The "majority" have very little to say on subjects -- it's always the most vocal minority that tend to get their own way.

Government only has to deal with the fallout for the next election cycle -- unless the media is in their pockets.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:20 am

Hugh2 wrote:
Really! "a flu", are you a complete idiot?

So all governments should just have allowed the virus to rip through their populations, completely overwhelming their medical systems and allowing countless millions to die needlessly. And perhaps they should not have made an effort to develop vaccines against the virus, or supported any of the research into the virus to understand it better, or support efforts to develop treatments that actually work (perhaps you are in the "just inject yourself with bleach" crowd?).

This is crazy, who would have though that kiteforum would have these rabid trumpians.
Same symptoms, no? The only way to tell the difference is to test for the virus.

Why not? Governments allow the flu virus to rip through their populations every single year. Flu season is often a time when many hospitals are overwhelmed (look it up). Governments haven't done much in the way of developing vaccines, except for throwing your money at the pharmaceutical companies, and that's probably a good thing...for us, not so much for future generations.

This is crazy, who would have thought that disagreeing with the catastropharians and hand-wringers would get you labeled a Trumpian :roll:

jkrug
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 200 lbs
Gear: stuff

Postby jkrug » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:52 pm

Hugh2 wrote:
jkrug wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:10 pm
Hugh2 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:16 pm
The government has a responsibility to try to contain the virus...
disagree 100%. the moment you allow govt to be in charge of your health is the moment you lose all freedom. maybe that's fine for you. but understand that govt may then say 'it's too cold for you to go outside', 'it's too hot for you to go outside', 'it's too rainy for you to go outside', 'the ocean is too rough for you to go in it', etc. i don't want to live in a world where a bunch of bureaucrats decide what's best for me. i'll gladly risk getting a flu instead. the lockdowns are inane and insane...and most importantly, do nothing but prove to govt how easily we can be controlled.
Really! "a flu", are you a complete idiot?

So all governments should just have allowed the virus to rip through their populations, completely overwhelming their medical systems and allowing countless millions to die needlessly. And perhaps they should not have made an effort to develop vaccines against the virus, or supported any of the research into the virus to understand it better, or support efforts to develop treatments that actually work (perhaps you are in the "just inject yourself with bleach" crowd?).

keep hiding under your bed, little boy. we'll let you know when it's safe to come out and play.

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Leon van Bergen » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:55 pm

Ladies ladies, the event KOTA is already cancelled and will move to Nov/Dec..

In any case, it no longer matters whether the beaches remain open or closed for KOTA

Onda
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Baltic Sea / North Sea (Germany)
Favorite Beaches: Wijk aan Zee (NL)
Ouddorp (NL)
Norre Vorupor (DK)
Heiligenhafen (DE)
Style: strictly unstrapped, mainly foiling
Gear: Slingshot / Infexion / Alpine / F-One / CORE / Firewire / Duotone

Postby Onda » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:02 pm

Funny to see exactly the same discussion developing here like in Germany over the last months.
In Germany, we´re in the middle of the "2nd wave" now, after experiencing an intermediate phase (over summer) with very low infection rates. The isolation rules were loosened again, almost everyone was behaving like there was no virus any more.
The experts were saying: This is super dangerous, we will see a massive 2nd wave in autumn / winter if we don´t continue to restrict people´s mobility.
Everyone else were saying: Look, life is easy again, hardly any new cases, don´t worry!
The experts were right, however.
Now we have almost 1,000 deaths per day and 20,000-30,000 new infections per day. The (very good!) NHS is at the edge of breaking down. And things will get worse for sure.

It is unevitable to separate people, no matter if the rules make sense for each and everyone. Only general, brutal rules will manage to keep infection rates down until 85 % of the population will be successfully vaccinated. In every country.
It is terribly hard for the people and for the democracies all over the world, but is the only possible solution to avoid the terrible JoJo game of lockdown, all-open, lockdown, all-open...

And, BTW: No "flu" has ever meant any trouble for our NHS (or the NHS of Italy, France, Netherlands, USA etc). Never ever over the last several decades. So think about if Covid should be compared with the flu. IT IS NOT!

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:35 pm

Government tells us you must wear masks, it will protect us...does not good(look at Cali. Big epicenter and they wore masks more than anyone else)

Government tells us we must lock down, it will stop the spread....after NUMEROUS lockdowns, still having breakouts and case surges

Government tells us this new RUSHED unproven Vaccine will top the virus...numerous reports of people getting the Rona within weeks of taking it, several cases of bad reactions, vaccine companies given protection from all liability and even the CEOs won’t take it.

Yea let’s just keep listening to the governments, they have been totally right this whole time. :roll:

I’m an international cargo pilot and I’ve been seeing how different governments have dealt with this and 9 out of 10 times, they have changed policy just to do a change to make it seem like they are doing something. In reality it’s only to save face with most being caught breaking the rules they have made/enforced.

Media reports so many deaths and cases in the states. If that was really true, where’s the uproar? Why aren’t people demanding change? Because we are over this and see it for what it is. Slightly more dangerous than the flu. During peak flu season most health care systems are over worked. If I had a 99.9 chance to do anything, those seem like damn good odds and I would take the risk. Seems like most are starting to realize it after a year of this BS. Only those who live in fear or are sheltered still think otherwise.

And before you say “well not everyone is wearing a mask” or “well people were breaking the lockdown” the reality of the situation is nothing will EVER be 100%. If you can’t face that reality then you are delusional.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:50 pm

So, little thing.........

I grew up after humanity removed itself from natural selection because....reasons.

I'm living through the beginning of the separation of whatever will be called something along the lines "bact-viro evolutionary disconnect of the human species".

Can't imagine what will be next.

(([[Popcorn eating icon???]]))
Thinking of a future combo smile of "Picard eating popcorn while double facepalming at the same time reading futuristic data book telepathically supplanted via an injected vaccine causing immortality and death at the same time".

'How we doing'
'Same as always'
'That bad, huh'.................

Ooo, ooo, ooo, ooo....... maybe a "great filter emoji"????

Google's got nothing on that... anybody else????......
Dont leave me hanging, as there is nothing I fear more than being the last to post in a thread like this.

But as Churchill said......

And then as matteo said, "Hope is a fleeting thing, rarely the chance for redemption, but a near surety to die with honor, should you NOT actually have it wrong, though even if right, one hopes to not end up on the wrong side of those who actually wind up re-writing history.

Wait....Was that a triple/quadruple negative? Or reality rearing its ugly head again?

'Guess I'm still writing.'

Return to “Kitesurfing”