Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Covid vaccine

Forum for kitesurfers
Trent hink
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Turtle beach, Venice inlet, lido key
Style: Creepy old man
Gear: Peak4, soul, solo, hydrofoil, couple of surfboards, a twintip I made 10 years ago.

Re: Covid vaccine

Postby Trent hink » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:05 pm

Matteo, you are so interested in arguing that perhaps you completely missed my point.

My comment to you was entirely sincere.

I think it would be helpful to the rest of us if there were more skeptics like you.

Johnny Rotten
Frequent Poster
Style: Surf and wake
Gear: Vegas
Torch
Neo's
Hand made boards of pure excellence
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Johnny Rotten » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:19 pm

jumptheshark wrote: You still on kahunas and foil fish, (without the foil of course)? Do either of you foil? Maybe not, word on the street is its dying out anyway. Not unlike this place, circling the bowl ever since you two sh!t birds got here. Do either of you really kite?
The only rational explanation I can have for the bullshittery that matteo posts is that he is paid to spread misinformation.
His arguments are structured in a manner that would imply enough mental coherence to not actually believe the garabage sources he quotes.
Totally reminds me of..... pump me up.....comical trolling.....Pick a kite type.....be a dick about it......Only not entertaining given the topic.
Guys into winging for sure. :lol:

I can understand Havres perspective a little, he's in norway, which truly had no excess deaths from covid yet is under a lot of restrictions.....which would be frustrating,
Relationship between the two? Balance of probabilities would say yes when the neighboring countries with fewer restriction (sweden) had significant (statistically) excess deaths.

But I lost any respect for Havre point of view when he started posting misleading information about the excess death rates by excluding the period in Europe during covid.
Either because he pulled it from some other site that intentionally misrepresented it (gullible and doesn't confirm s sources at their source )
Or He did so knowingly (He's more interested in being perceived as right than the truth) Either way not worth engaging further.
These users thanked the author Johnny Rotten for the post:
revhed (Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:28 am)
Rating: 6.67%

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:37 pm

Which I never did JR. Completely fair to disagree with me, but I can't help you misunderstanding that post. I think you should at least be open to that possibility? Not sure you keep on repeating it.

I have strongly disagreed with Matteo V on here, but they way he is now described is just wrong. Even when I disagree with him there is more substance in one of his posts than many has posted in this whole thread. For whatever reason people seem to take it personally when someone disagree with them on here.

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world

Postby Matteo V » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:44 am

Havre wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:37 pm
For whatever reason people seem to take it personally when someone disagree with them on here.
When the conversation stops, and the insults fly, you know that those slinging the insults are unable to admit they have lost the ability to argue rationally and reasonably.

Be careful not to get dragged in on thier side of the argument.

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:14 am

Researchers Find Eye Abnormalities in People With COVID-19: What to Know

A new study finds that people with severe COVID-19 may be at risk for certain eye abnormalities.
COVID-19 has been linked to cases of conjunctivitis, but this is the first time researchers have noticed nodules on the back of patients’ eyes.
Experts say the viral infection may affect blood vessels, which could lead to nodules.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news ... term-risks

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:36 am

revhed
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: france
Gear: kites

Postby revhed » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:27 am

Havre wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:56 pm
revhed wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:39 pm
Galeltic wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:57 pm
https://www.theepochtimes.com/4-oregoni ... 97172.html
https://thefutureofthings.com/3221-hita ... rfid-chip/
one day there will be one goverment world alike new world order and if u already have vaccine and try escape away from new world order but new world order unit of army would easily detect where u hide cause tracking devices inside u
f*** new world order try control u as puppets ! your choice and i say fack baloney vaccine !
:roll: :lol: :nono:
R H
Why are you posting in this thread?
Because I choose to.

Are you thread O P, monitor, forum monitor?

R H

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:05 am

The CNN-effect?

I remember some years ago in Norway - mainly 2011. Every media outlet were focusing on rape. They called it a "wave" as if there suddenly was a "pandemic" of rapes happening in Norway. I have friends who were afraid to go running by themselves even during the day in Norway - when the probability of getting raped is basically 0 in Norway. Would you be able to say that 2011 was any different than any other year?
voldtekt.JPG
Those are the official statistics for Norway when it comes to the numbers registered by the Police.

Not my point to have a discussion about rape, but quite fascinating how the media, "doomscrolling" etc. will influence behaviour. To the degree that the Norwegian Police have publicly said they are very careful about how they communicate with the Norwegian media about these things - as the believe it created unnecessary fear in 2011 (who are they to say etc. of course).

And even if I believe we have gone completely irrational about Covid-19 just in the same way my friends did in 2011 - I don't know what the right amount of "fear" would be. And I have no idea who would decide that (seems like many on here believe they are in a good position to do so).

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:23 am

US life expectancy drops a year in pandemic, most since WWII

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-life-exp ... since-wwii

Havre
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Havre » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:24 am

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/esti ... d-19-study

"Estimated one in two South Africans has had Covid-19"

Very interesting. That means you might have had 30m infections rather than the 1.5m reported by sites like worldometers.

I guess one will interpret that in a completely different way depending on your (and mine of course) general view on Covid-19.

Return to “Kitesurfing”