Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Covid vaccine

Forum for kitesurfers
Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Covid vaccine

Postby Havre » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:57 am

Dave_5280 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:23 pm
Thanks for sharing, but to me that video raised more questions than it answered. Any videos with this guy where the interviewer asks proper follow up questions? That would be interesting to watch.

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:44 pm

Wall Street analysts are cautiously optimistic on J&J's 'one-dose' Covid vaccine

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.c ... istic.html

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:08 pm

https://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/z ... ksinen-gis

8 people have now died in the days after getting vaccinated in Norway. NO-ONE IS SAYING, ME INCLUDED, THAT THE VACCINE KILLED THEM. Just so there is no misunderstandings.

The medical authorities are now asking for people in care homes to be evaluated before getting vaccinated. Not because the vaccine is dangerous (they say), but because those people might be dying anyway. Why shouldn't that logic also be applied for the virus and not only the vaccine?

There is also an official press release (which is also mentioned in that new article) saying the vaccine approval is "temporary" and is not based on testing on people age 85 or older. This is of course known from before, but rarely stated. Thankfully as they say 400 people die in care homes every week in Norway so this is not alarming. Something that is rarely mentioned when we talk about the 247 that have died in care homes "from" Covid-19 in Norway in total. Then 247 over now around 10 months is a terrible number, but a possible 8 in some weeks is nothing to worry about. Funny how that works.

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:26 pm

Looks like cases in Norway have increased

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavi ... ry/norway/

Havre
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Havre » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:37 pm

Dave_5280 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:26 pm
Looks like cases in Norway have increased

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavi ... ry/norway/
Looks pretty stable for quite some time?

I could see it spiking like it did in Greece or Denmark. But while Covid-19 has clearly been a bigger issue than influenza in many countries this isn't even remotely true in Norway. On average we get 900 influenza deaths per season and the tough years are closer to 2000. We are now really in "season 2" of Covid and we just gotten passed 450.

I don't know why that is. But certainly not down to the restrictions. Norway hasn't been as open as Sweden, but it has been, and still is, more open than most places. Just on Saturday I was in a packed restaurant.

I can only speculate it being related to general health, vitamin D and things I am sure we will learn more about in the coming years like genes, culture (how much hugging, social interaction etc. you naturally have), BCG vaccines etc.

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world

Postby Matteo V » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:55 pm

Havre wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:57 am
Dave_5280 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:23 pm
Thanks for sharing, but to me that video raised more questions than it answered. Any videos with this guy where the interviewer asks proper follow up questions? That would be interesting to watch.
"Naa, it'll be fine".

So I was watching this and trying to think of the feeling it was giving me. The feeling was that kind of old nostalgia you get when watching kids unwrap Christmas presents like you used to. But I couldn't pin it down.

Then I thought it looked like a commercial, but I have to watch commercials all the time on youtube and bitchute. So that couldn't be it, since the nostalgia thing didn't fit.

All of the sudden it hit me. INFOMERCIAL! Its really long, nothing but positivity from the host and salesman, and absoutely no acknowledgement of any downside. That's it - been a long time since I saw an infomercial.

It could make a great meme if you overlaid "$19.95" with flashing letters saying "LIMITED TIME ONLY" or "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST", along with an emblem saying "FDA APPROVED". And maybe every once in a while, cut away to 20somethings happily playing volleyball on a beautiful beach, and cut to the same at the end. Upbeat background music would be the icing on the cake.

Sorry Harve,

That infomercial was nothing but answers to me. It's just the answers they gave weren't the ones I got out of it.
These users thanked the author Matteo V for the post:
Havre (Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:40 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

LL2017
Rare Poster
Gear: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby LL2017 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:02 pm

I got my first dose of Pfizer vaccine about 3 weeks ago and I'm already boosting 10 feet higher than I used to. Can't wait to get my 2nd dose tomorrow! 😉

Havre
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Havre » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:39 pm

LL2017 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:02 pm
I got my first dose of Pfizer vaccine about 3 weeks ago and I'm already boosting 10 feet higher than I used to. Can't wait to get my 2nd dose tomorrow! 😉
Sounds like it will kill you.

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dave_5280 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:22 am

LL2017 wrote:
So at that rate, you will be boosting 20 feet higher after the 2nd dose!

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world

Postby Matteo V » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:20 am

Dave_5280 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:22 am
LL2017 wrote:
So at that rate, you will be boosting 20 feet higher after the 2nd dose!
Only if his dealer is giving him pure uncut "vaccine"!

Return to “Kitesurfing”