knotwindy wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:42 pm
Take the “vaccine” or don’t. Believe whatever you like BUT
please don’t tell me the treatments are safe and effective based on science. There have been ZERO medium or long term studies done so you can’t know that. NO ONE knows that yet based on ‘science’.
Yeah. I'm not sure why this becomes so emotional. I think you can discuss the likelihood of long term issues - which I would love to see assessments of - but you cannot really say "safe".
Not sure why so many are ridiculing those that question the safety of the mRNA "vaccines" (per definition I do not believe they are vaccines - but it doesn't matter what they are if they give the same kind of protection as a vaccine would give) - instead of providing assessments or explanation of why it would be safe (or at least worth the risk). Something that could lead to an interesting discussion. One of the main reasons why I post in this thread is to see if someone can come up with information, perspectives etc. that increases my understanding of Covid-19. There are some good exceptions with Dave, Pemba etc. who are engaging in the discussion with a different starting point than me, but many are not really providing any value to the discussion at the moment in my opinion. It feels like they believe they are "right" so no need to discuss this any further (which is completely fine, but why post then?).
And you got the I guess bigger discussion about making vaccines mandatory or not. It seems like quite a few on here want there to be mandatory vaccinations just to "punish" those that do not want to take one (I have personally not made up my mind - so I am not in the no category). The argument being that by not getting a vaccination you are still then placing others at risk. Clearly a couple of things that would have to be discussed clarified then:
a) Will a vaccine mean you are not spreading the virus?
b) If the vaccine is 95% (or something effective) - will the remaining 5% still justify forcing people to do something they might not want to do?
c) How many vaccines should be mandatory? Only one? What if that vaccine is ineffective against a new strain? Would those with that vaccine be restricted for travelling etc. the same way as those with no vaccine?