Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Covid vaccine

Forum for kitesurfers
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.76m
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9076° W (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotguns
Ozone Enduro V2s
Flite 14.5 Aluula
Duotone Fish
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Covid vaccine

Postby iriejohn » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:59 pm

A mRNA vaccine induces the production of antibodies.
CDC wrote: vaccine

A product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but can also be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:28 pm

vaccine
noun [ C or U ]
UK /ˈvæk.siːn/ US /ˈvæk.siːn/

C2
a substance containing a virus or bacterium in a form that is not harmful, given to a person or animal to prevent them from getting the disease that the virus or bacterium causes

As far as I know the Pfizer and Moderna "vaccine" do not meet the previously defined definition of a vaccine needed for CDC approval.

In any case it was hardly a significant part of my post - and I have never claimed that the mRNA "vaccine" made by Pfizer or Moderna doesn't work protecting anyone against Covid-19 (for all we know vaccines might be obsolete 5 years from now and we will use mRNA for everything we used vaccines for in the past). Not sure why you would pick out that part and "lol" about it? I got the Cambridge Dictionary on my side - and who would "lol" the Cambridge Dictionary?

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.76m
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9076° W (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotguns
Ozone Enduro V2s
Flite 14.5 Aluula
Duotone Fish

Postby iriejohn » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:00 pm

Havre wrote: vaccine
noun [ C or U ]

C2
a substance containing a virus or bacterium in a form that is not harmful, given to a person or animal to prevent them from getting the disease that the virus or bacterium causes

As far as I know the Pfizer and Moderna "vaccine" do not meet the previously defined definition of a vaccine needed for CDC approval.

In any case it was hardly a significant part of my post - and I have never claimed that the mRNA "vaccine" made by Pfizer or Moderna doesn't work protecting anyone against Covid-19 (for all we know vaccines might be obsolete 5 years from now and we will use mRNA for everything we used vaccines for in the past). Not sure why you would pick out that part and "lol" about it? I got the Cambridge Dictionary on my side - and who would "lol" the Cambridge Dictionary?
Neither the Pfizer nor Moderna mRNA vaccines are harmful, indeed they are given to prevent a person from contracting the disease.

I will not repeat my mistake of trying to deal with people who suffer from cognitive dissonance such as you and Matteo V.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:07 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:00 pm
[quoterCmbr8dge
Havre wrote: vaccine
noun [ C or U ]

C2

Neither the Pfizer nor Moderna mRNA vaccines are harmful, indeed they are given to prevent a person from contracting the disease.

I will not repeat my mistake of trying to deal with people who suffer from cognitive dissonance such as you and Matteo V.
[/quote]

How would you know the effects of the Pfizer "vaccine" 2 years from now?

That is not saying it would cause any harm, but how would you know? Honest question - even if you seem incapable of replying a single time without some sort of remark.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Havre » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:11 pm

https://www.tv2.no/a/11920695/

- In all vaccinations, one must weigh the benefits against disadvantages, and this also applies to coronary vaccination. It is too early to make that assessment for the age group 18 to 45 years now, says chief physician Preben Aavitsland at FHI. (google translate)

That would be the Norwegian Institute of Public Health saying it is too early to tell if people below 45 should get the vaccine.

Now. I'm obviously expecting them to recommend people below 45 to get the vaccine in the end, but why would he say that if it is as obvious as you claim it is? This from someone that have been pushing vaccines hard from day one.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Havre » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:31 pm

Vaccines are funny. And as I have documented earlier in this thread I have probably taken more of them than most people. Several countries in Europe do not use the BCG vaccine (or at least far less widespread) - while for most countries in Europe it was mandatory (information about Norway is not entirely correct though - so there might be more mistakes). After 100 year or something with this vaccines countries in Europe cannot agree between them if it should be used at all, on a voluntary basis or mandatory. But for some reason any sort of questions around any sort of Covid-19 vaccine is just "cognitive dissonance", "dumb" etc.? I guess we can't even discuss if one vaccine should be considered safer than any other? They should all just be considered "good" and that is the end of that?

Completely fair not wanting to discuss vaccines, but then why not just not say anything? At least not "lol" and insult those that might want to discuss them?
Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 22.25.24.png
https://apps.who.int/immunization_monit ... gebcg.html

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world

Postby Matteo V » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:34 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:00 pm
C'mon iriemon! Don't give up that easy. Isn't there any counter argument you could make? Maybe give us an explanation of the cognitive dissonance in my reply? Or, if its obvious you are wrong, there is quite a bit of respect due when you admit it.

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:13 am

Millions of people that have received at least one dose of vaccine:
World 100.79
U.S. 41.02
U.K. 16.42
E.U. 15.52
England 13.82
Brazil 5.48
Turkey 5.03
Israel 4.23
Germany 3.09
France 2.41
Chile 2.32
Russia 2.20
Rest under 2.0 each

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world

Postby Matteo V » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:21 am

Dave_5280 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:13 am
Millions of people that have received at least one dose of vaccine:
And pretty neat that they have just arbritarily revised the effectiveness of the first dose from 50% to like 85%.

Science is cool! (sarcasm, as this reaks of narrative revisionism)

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:00 am

Not sure that matters:

US sticking with two-dose COVID-19 vaccine schedule, though study suggests one shot provides good short-term protection

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEB ... id=US%3Aen

Return to “Kitesurfing”