downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: line knife or hook knife, slightly bigger one recommendations

Postby downunder » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:41 am

RickI wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:13 am
If you kite long enough bad things will happen at times particularly over the population of kiters. Shark attacks are particularly rare with Kiters, fatalities are vastly more rare. Living there you know that of course.

Tangles involving kiters are far more common and we’ve had some bad fatalities as well. The only time I’ve had to cut out in 22 years was when I tangled by a fishing line. I’ve been fortunate to date. How about you only wear a seatbelt when you’re going to have an accident, make sense?

Amasing.

I recon we in AU just drink a spoon of cement.

With all that sharks, everyone would carry two shark shields. But we dont ;)

Each to his own I guess.”
No Rick,

I was referring to surfing. They die of shark attacks, kiters don't. However, having a "spoon of cement" is a common saying in AU, and trust me, shark shield is rarely used in surfing community.

Some people have a hook knife in a car, scared of drowning by the seatbelt :) Makes sense to some, insane for others....

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.76m
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9076° W (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotguns
Ozone Enduro V2s
Flite 14.5 Aluula
Duotone Fish
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: line knife or hook knife, slightly bigger one recommendations

Postby iriejohn » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:48 am

downunder wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:41 am
RickI wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:13 am
If you kite long enough bad things will happen at times particularly over the population of kiters. Shark attacks are particularly rare with Kiters, fatalities are vastly more rare. Living there you know that of course.

Tangles involving kiters are far more common and we’ve had some bad fatalities as well. The only time I’ve had to cut out in 22 years was when I tangled by a fishing line. I’ve been fortunate to date. How about you only wear a seatbelt when you’re going to have an accident, make sense?

Amasing.

I recon we in AU just drink a spoon of cement.

With all that sharks, everyone would carry two shark shields. But we dont ;)

Each to his own I guess.”
No Rick,

I was referring to surfing. They die of shark attacks, kiters don't. However, having a "spoon of cement" is a common saying in AU, and trust me, shark shield is rarely used in surfing community.

Some people have a hook knife in a car, scared of drowning by the seatbelt :) Makes sense to some, insane for others....

Return to “Kitesurfing”