Local Beach: Los Barilles, Mexico
Puerto Morelos, Mexico
Gear: 12m Cabrinha FX
Axis Vanguard 138 cm
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Gear advice: Duotone click bar with cabrinha FX

Postby Vayu » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:21 am

I currently have a 2015 58cm cabrinha bar that has a cracked plastic tube. I will be ordering the replacement part from the 2019 model and hopefully it fits.

While I wait for the part (few weeks at least) I'm trying to get kiting again on other equipment. Where I'm kiting there seems to be a shortage of cabrinha bars available, but there is a duotone click bar.

I currently kite a 12m cabrinha FX and was wondering if anyone has experience with the click bar on cabrinha kites. Was there much involved in getting the lines trimmed correctly?

Also, in a town an hour away I can pick up a used 2019 cabrinha bar. Would you recommend the click bar or the cabrinha one. Price is competitive for both, $250 on the used cabrinha and $420 on the new duotone.

zlatko23
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 70
Favorite Beaches: Keros(Limnos), Milos & Agios Nikolaos (Lefkada)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter 5m, Switchblade 7m, Contra 13m, Ozone Enduro V2 9m & V3 11m, CrazyFly Raptor LTD, Slingshot T-Rex

Re: Gear advice: Duotone click bar with cabrinha FX

Postby zlatko23 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:45 am

In general you can fly any modern 4 line kite with the Click bar. Even Duotone positions it as an universal bar.
Here is link to the discussion: viewtopic.php?t=2403052
and the compatibility charts:
download/file.php?id=87989&mode=view
download/file.php?id=79058&mode=view
Clickbar has adjustable V split. Cabrinha kites use low V, so you have to adjust the bar to the lowest V splitter position or remove it entirely(could lead to premature lines wear at the end of the plastic tube). I am flying my Cabrinha and Ozone kites with OceanRodeo Shift v2 and Cabrinha overdrive bar(2017). I was considering Clickbar for all my kites, but decided on OR Shift as it is better design, better quality bar(especially the lines). New 2021 Click bar uses better lines.
These users thanked the author zlatko23 for the post:
Vayu (Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:21 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

Vayu
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 85 kg
Local Beach: Los Barilles, Mexico
Puerto Morelos, Mexico
Gear: 12m Cabrinha FX
Axis Vanguard 138 cm
Been thanked: 0

Re: Gear advice: Duotone click bar with cabrinha FX

Postby Vayu » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:24 pm

Much appreciated. In normal circumstances I would be more picky choosy with my equipment but after a week of no kiting and desperately looking for a bar, I've picked up the click bar.

Hopefully all goes well and the lines don't wear out too quickly.

Return to “Kitesurfing”