Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Re: Aftermarket Kite Bags - Any Recs?

Postby Da Yoda » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:11 pm

Havre wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:12 am
This thread wants me to start designing my own kite bags.

Three kites. A smart way to wrap a harness around it somewhere. Straps for the board of course. Some "legs" or whatever so that you can use it as a chair etc. Would gladly pay several hundred euro for a bag that would allow me to pack all my stuff in one bag. Other than the big wheeled ones of course - they are slightly impractical for bringing to the beach etc.
Ozone has what you're looking for, but with no chair function (but it has straps for holding one). They're the only brand that I've seen with a big pack like this. :thumb:
https://ozonekites.com/products/accesso ... -gear-bag/
These users thanked the author Da Yoda for the post:
Havre (Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:15 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Havre » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:15 pm

Da Yoda wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:11 pm
Havre wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:12 am
This thread wants me to start designing my own kite bags.

Three kites. A smart way to wrap a harness around it somewhere. Straps for the board of course. Some "legs" or whatever so that you can use it as a chair etc. Would gladly pay several hundred euro for a bag that would allow me to pack all my stuff in one bag. Other than the big wheeled ones of course - they are slightly impractical for bringing to the beach etc.
Ozone has what you're looking for, but with no chair function (but it has straps for holding one). They're the only brand that I've seen with a big pack like this. :thumb:
https://ozonekites.com/products/accesso ... -gear-bag/
Cool. I will have a look.

Topaz
Frequent Poster
Weight: 150
Local Beach: South Florida
Gear: Cabrinha / North-Duotone

Postby Topaz » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:56 pm

Dirk wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:38 pm
ProLimit has nice one that fits two kites: https://www.prolimit.com/product/kite-session-bag/
ProLImit has great bags.
I live close to the beach, where it's also many times hard to park, so I bike to the beach with a TT and two kites. I use this:
https://www.prolimit.com/product/twinti ... -combobag/

which I can carry on my shoulders. Super light, strong and roomy enough, and everything fits in and protected.

It's a shame ProLimit doesn't have more presence in USA.
My first bag, I bought it from a shop in Lituania, and for the second, I had to pay a big price from a shop in California. Anyways, happy with those bags.

br44
Frequent Poster
Gear: LEIs, foils

Postby br44 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:33 pm

I’m after such a bag myself - light, around 100L volume, with compression straps and preferably not reliant on zippers - but after checking out the recommendations, there aren’t any to be had. Part of the issue is the different requirements. When riding on water, I need a large backpack that is cheap enough to leave on the beach for hours. On snow and sand though, I need a backpack that I can ride with (holding a second kite, clothes, etc). This can be more expensive since I carry it, but large packs without compression straps are out.

The only solution that I see at the moment is to have two different backpacks. The Ozone gear pack looks promising but seems too large to ride with.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:40 pm

Another vote for the Mystic compression bags.

Really tough ripstop, great shoulder straps, no zippers, place for your bar and two sizes to choose from.

I take these when I travel. Much lighter than the stock bags and I like to protect my kites while stuff is getting thrown into a cramped rental van.

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 75kg,now a bit less
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles- just need a hard beach
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes uk-just need a hard beach
Style: landboarding with a petzl work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool

Postby slide » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:07 pm

speed5 15metre bag is big enough for 3 depower foils and is tough , that has become my main beach bag for 3 foils, i'm diabetic and have to carry alot - i did wonder what the 18metre speed5 bag might be like size wise

HALF
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 94
Gear: 15m FS Soul2, 12m Reedin Supermodel, 9m Cabrinha Radar, 9m Flysurfer Speed5, 14m Airush Ultra v2
Airush Switch 144, Naish Monarch 138, Naish Monarch 136, Airush Slayer v2

Postby HALF » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:24 pm

I think all speed5 bags are the same I have a 9m and it the bag is huge

Topaz
Frequent Poster
Weight: 150
Local Beach: South Florida
Gear: Cabrinha / North-Duotone

Postby Topaz » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:02 am

brighamj wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:30 pm
The backpack bags that came with my Duotone kites aren’t of the highest quality, and I have broken buckles and zippers.
What a disgrace this is. After paying what you pay for a Duotone, I'd rather see the kite come in a simple bag that does its job than in a wanna-be-good bag that falls apart after little use.
These users thanked the author Topaz for the post:
brighamj (Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:06 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”