ARK wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:37 am
King of the Air 2021 ? | Episode # 194
Sergio Cantagali is the event director for RedBull King of the Air.
Very very good interview and very good questions on your part Adrian.
Few points I get from the podcast :
- Sergio would like to move the KOTA to november-december permanently. That raises the question of the MEGALOOP Challenge which is also a Redbull show running at the same period.
- Regarding the "Fly to" events, he does not say it clearly, but it is implied, that the 2021 winners of the potential "Fly to" will be integrated into the 2021 KOTA. Therefore beginning on clear and new bases for next year event.
- For the rider selection (and specially the Wildcard) it was quick, but he said that he had to take into account some "sponsor demand". That could explain why Tom Bridge is selected.
- I was disappointed with his response regarding a dedicated female event. He's waiting for more girls to enter the video contest to run this female event. But even if Angely submitted a video this year, there is very little chance she could have been selected. So, even if the best girl has no chance, why the other girl should submit a video. And regarding to "A Queen is born" in 2019, Red Bull had almost no part in it. Angely built and run this event almost by herself, with no help from KOTA except at the end when they realised that she was determined to run the event.
- I agree with Sergio for the video selection criteria. They changed the format this year with the "3 best moves with landing" and most of the rider did not took it into account. It was funny when he said that many riders wake up the month prior to the submission to film their best moves
Thank you Adrian for your podcast !!!!!!!!!