Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Prague
Gear: Tube kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Snow kite in Pyrenees

Postby Alex-Nikita » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:41 am

Hello, I would like to go snowkiting to French Pyrenees. I have found a spot Font Romeu, that should be good, however i cannot find the exact location of the spot and how to get there. Can anybody give me some advice?
Thank you! :)

BOEMIX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sant Pere Pescador (Spain)
Favorite Beaches: Etang de l'Eole, La Franqui (France)
Style: Freeriding
Gear: Kites: ozone: Flusurfer Soul15m, Flusurfer Peak 11m, Flysurfer Peak 8m, Ozone access 6m, Ozone Enduro 7 and 10m, Ozone Edge 13m,
Boards: Naish Bullet 5,4, Liewe Shotgun 138x41, Custom Saul 145x45, Custom Race TTBoard, Custom Rikyshapes foil board with Sabfoil.

For winging: Duotone 5'5 Aluula Unit, Takuma Ride3 5m, Cabrinha Mantis 4m, Slinshot 3'2, and also Custom Rikyshapes winging with Sabfoil as the biard/foil.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Snow kite in Pyrenees

Postby BOEMIX » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:30 pm

Hi mate,

I'm from the other side of the French frontier, and I used to snowkite in Porte Puymorens, you have a kitespot there, and if there is no wind, you have the ski resort nearby.

But be prepared to face strong gusts and long period luls.

I would be pleased to ride with you there if there wasn't a total f...ing lockdown in Catalonia, just to try If wings work in snow myself.

Return to “Kitesurfing”