Local Beach: Rostock
Gear: F-One Bandit 2016 (9, 12), Monolith Bar
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bar compatibility F-One Bandit 2016

Postby schleykov » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:17 pm

Hello everyone,

I've tried to find a solution to my issue, but couldnt find one.
I am relatively new to kitesurfing and bought two F-One Bandits from 2016 (9 & 12) two years ago. Since the Monolith Bar is very unsafe, due to its two line safety system (the 12m2 didnt flag out at all after pulling the quick release), I want to exchange it. Called a F-One shop and googled a lot but didnt get precise answers on which Bar I could use instead. Someone told me that the Linx Bar should work, but Ive also read that the low V could change the performance of the kite.

Does anyone has experiences with this issue? Would help me a lot!

Thanks in advance.. Cheers Jona : :)

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Re: Bar compatibility F-One Bandit 2016

Postby Da Yoda » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:41 am

The Linx Bar has an adjustable V to allow it to work with all of their kites (and some others too). My buddy uses the '20 model bar with his 2017 Bandit. :thumb:

faklord
Frequent Poster

Postby faklord » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:30 am

schleykov wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:17 pm
Hello everyone,

I've tried to find a solution to my issue, but couldnt find one.
I am relatively new to kitesurfing and bought two F-One Bandits from 2016 (9 & 12) two years ago. Since the Monolith Bar is very unsafe, due to its two line safety system (the 12m2 didnt flag out at all after pulling the quick release), I want to exchange it. Called a F-One shop and googled a lot but didnt get precise answers on which Bar I could use instead. Someone told me that the Linx Bar should work, but Ive also read that the low V could change the performance of the kite.

Does anyone has experiences with this issue? Would help me a lot!

Thanks in advance.. Cheers Jona : :)
I used to use various low V bars with bandits of that era. They work fine. Just need any bar with 4 lines all the same length and maybe some pigtails to change knots <-> loops at kite end. Ozone contact ended up bar of preference for me

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Postby evan » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:41 am

Any 4-line single front line flagout bar should work, i highly doubt you will notice the difference in split height as it is only 3m on f-one bars but you can always install line splitter like this one.

https://shop.harlemkitesurfing.com/en/h ... itter.html

Just make sure to move it a few cm every 5-10 sessions to prevent wear on a single spot.

schleykov
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 83

Postby schleykov » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:06 am

Thanks guys! Bought a Linx Bar from 2019 now. So stoked to try it out 🤩

robclaisse
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Currently living in Blouberg, Cape Town, ZA
Favorite Beaches: Shoreham-by-sea, UK
Waddell Creek - Santa Cruz, USA
Tableview, Cape Town, SA
Style: Waves / Foiling
Gear: F-one Breeze 15m, Bandits 11,8,6
Pocket 13cm with a Mirage 800, 85cm mast
Mitu 5'8"
Trax Carbon 137
Brand Affiliation: Progression Sports (Formally Fat Sand)

Postby robclaisse » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:29 pm

Just to add - when you get your new bar, check the line lengths compared to the older Monolith bar - and by line length I mean the difference between the front and rear lines.

I say this as a friend has the same kite and swapped to a 2019 lynx bar. Rode it for a few months and was struggling a bit with kite stability. Eventually, he mentioned this to one of us, we gave it ago and realised the front lines were longer / back lines shorter compared to the Monolith. So the kite was riding with loads of backline tension and had a tendency to back stall. Now this could have just been the settings on that particular lynx bar (because you can change the length of the back lines inside the bar ends). It may not be an issue for you but just something to bear in mind if the kite flies differently on the new bar.

schleykov
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 83

Postby schleykov » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:25 pm

robclaisse wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:29 pm
Just to add - when you get your new bar, check the line lengths compared to the older Monolith bar - and by line length I mean the difference between the front and rear lines.

I say this as a friend has the same kite and swapped to a 2019 lynx bar. Rode it for a few months and was struggling a bit with kite stability. Eventually, he mentioned this to one of us, we gave it ago and realised the front lines were longer / back lines shorter compared to the Monolith. So the kite was riding with loads of backline tension and had a tendency to back stall. Now this could have just been the settings on that particular lynx bar (because you can change the length of the back lines inside the bar ends). It may not be an issue for you but just something to bear in mind if the kite flies differently on the new bar.

Thanks mate! I will definitely check that :)))

dt73775
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Alameda, Sherman
Gear: Bandit 4, Ozone V9

Postby dt73775 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:04 am

In my experience...the F ones never flag out after pulling the release...you have to start reeling in the line until the stopper...

I always assumed its the design that keeps the kite so loaded that makes it quick

I havent flown since F1 since 2014, but all my F1 s from 08 to 2014 acted the same....very loaded even when release is pulled

Anybody remember their old design with the crazyvelcro release..it was like a suicide release...LOL

robclaisse
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Currently living in Blouberg, Cape Town, ZA
Favorite Beaches: Shoreham-by-sea, UK
Waddell Creek - Santa Cruz, USA
Tableview, Cape Town, SA
Style: Waves / Foiling
Gear: F-one Breeze 15m, Bandits 11,8,6
Pocket 13cm with a Mirage 800, 85cm mast
Mitu 5'8"
Trax Carbon 137
Brand Affiliation: Progression Sports (Formally Fat Sand)

Postby robclaisse » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:01 pm

dt73775 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:04 am
In my experience...the F ones never flag out after pulling the release...you have to start reeling in the line until the stopper...

I always assumed its the design that keeps the kite so loaded that makes it quick

I havent flown since F1 since 2014, but all my F1 s from 08 to 2014 acted the same....very loaded even when release is pulled

Anybody remember their old design with the crazyvelcro release..it was like a suicide release...LOL
Not the case anymore, I've flown them since 2018 and they flag out on one line when you pull the chicken loop safety. I believe it was when they changed to the Lynx bar that they had a single line safety release.

Xposed
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 76
Local Beach: HERAKLION CRETE
Favorite Beaches: Elounda Crete
Style: Old school
Gear: F-ONE Bandit 2021

Postby Xposed » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:53 am

Hello everyone I am new to the forum if what I am asking is off topic please delete my comment!
I also recently purchased the F-ONE Bantit 2021 and would like to ask the community if any of you have had a problem with the quick release bar system
I have been in the water 4 times so far and 2 times she has just made a quick release and twice my hands were on the bar
I'm trying to find out if anyone has mentioned a similar issue or if I am the first to face this serious problem (see Ruben's accident)
Thank you in advance

Return to “Kitesurfing”