Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Neo Bridle Questions

Forum for kitesurfers
PugetSoundKiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Wake TT, Strapless Surfboard, Landboard
Gear: Cabrinha, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Naish, North, Pansh, Ozone, HQ, Peter Lynn
Brand Affiliation: None

Neo Bridle Questions

Postby PugetSoundKiter » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:02 am

New old kite questions from an old but not new kiter. Going over a used 12m 2015 Neo for a 90Kg surfboard rider who likes to ride powered in wind waves. Plan to use the Front Bridle A-High Depower Setting with the Tip Bridle B-Hard Sheeting Force Setting. Any advice from users of 2015, 16, 17... Neos if this is a good choice?
Neo2.jpg
Neo3.jpg
Another question I had about the bridles. I see the front bridle slider (no-roller pulley) runs along bare spectra flying line. The spectra is not fuzzy yet on this kite so it should be good for a while longer. The lines #06 and #07 in the graphic below have a plastic cylinder installed. Is this just to stop the slider from traveling further along this bridle line? Or is this an adjuster for this bridle line length (this line is looped double and terminates in the cylinder, marked: NE15-12 121cm). Or both, or something else?
Neo1.jpg
Thanks
:think:

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards

Re: Neo Bridle Questions

Postby jespin4845 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:09 am

Just to stop the pulley from going to far

The hard tip setting will make the 12m slower, I’d suggest hard tip for 9m and lower. But if you feel like the bar pressure is too low then put it on hard.

Front bridle is great on high depower
These users thanked the author jespin4845 for the post:
PugetSoundKiter (Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:16 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

PugetSoundKiter
Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Naish, North, Pansh, Ozone, HQ, Peter Lynn

Postby PugetSoundKiter » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:16 pm

Thanks jespin4845
I agree, think I'll set the Front Bridle A-High Depower Setting and Tip Bridle B-Soft Sheeting Force Setting for lighter bar pressure and tighter turning.
:thumb:

PugetSoundKiter
Frequent Poster

Postby PugetSoundKiter » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:43 am

I like the 2015 12m on the surfboard so I picked up a low use/price 2015 8m for the hydrofoil.
Looking for opinions on settings again, for the 8m and freeride hydrofoil cruising I'm thinking:
-Front Bridle = Medium Depower (Better Drift)
-Rear Bridle = Soft Sheeting (Faster Reaction, Smoother Loops, Softer Power Development)

:think: :question:

Return to “Kitesurfing”