Favorite Beaches: Cabarete, DR
Style: Big Air
Gear: Switchblade 9 2017 , YouriPro 136x41 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

CF Raptor LTD 2019 vs Naish Monarch 2020? help deciding

Postby Redjack » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:19 pm

Hello guys. I wonder if someone of u owned both and can tell me the difference. I ride footsraps, in choppy condition, kite overpowered, average 23kts. My weight is around 68Kg. I wanna do big air and I must decide between these 2 boards.ty

McLovin
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 124 kg
Local Beach: The Columbia River Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Rufus & Rooster - sandy ones with smooth wind
Style: TT - Newbie Foiler
Gear: Armstrong FOIL - SS Dwarfcraft - North Code Zero 7,8 - CORE Section 4,5 XR 7,9 Ocean Rodeo RISE (A) 9/10/11 Ocean Rodeo Flite 14.5(A), CARVE Imperator 151cm TT and Crazy Fly Raptor 140cm Neon TT - Ocean Rodeo Ignites Drysuit - Mystic Majestic 5/4 4/3 other stuff...
Brand Affiliation: Just stuff I like... THANKS Armie!

Re: CF Raptor LTD 2019 vs Naish Monarch 2020? help deciding

Postby McLovin » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:01 am

Hey Red,

Not much in the way of replies, so here goes...

Either nobody cares (sounds harsh) or it doesn't matter (more likely)... doubt you will have a bad time on either fancy board.

For the record I have the Carbon Raptor and love it but I'm just one person so take it with a grain of salt.

Good Luck - Fly HIGH Skysurfer.

Mc

:dance:

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:54 pm

I had a CF Raptor LTD in 2010........so not sure it's apples/apples to say, but I have a 2020 Monarch now.

Two totally different boards. I'd say the Naish Drive carbon is more similar to the CF. I love my Naish Drive too. I'd say it really depends on your style, ability level and even age. Monarch is super fun, full on jumping, going fast freeride/freestyle. Goes really fast with minimal rocker, holds an edge unlike any other board I've tried. The only con is it doesn't flex, like at all, and it can be a bit much in heavy chop if you have some beat up knees.
It's a great board, just know that going in. It is my daily driver for the most part, but I like swapping out to the Drive every once in awhile too because it's just.....different?

CF Raptor was so much more flexible in the tips (again 2010) super smooth in all water conditions, was fun in waves, jumped well, edged upwind adequately and would be a great one board for all. This is the much better choice for if you don't have great knees. It's just more forgiving. This was a great board to progress on.

Not sure if this helped in the slightest. The 2020 CF Raptor looked similar, but could be different flex, shape and bottom profiles. Monarch is much heavier too.

So if a demo is in the cards, do it.
These users thanked the author POACHER for the post:
zlatko23 (Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:17 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Skywalker7
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sostó
Favorite Beaches: Ulcinj
Style: Freeride
Gear: I have 14 kites, covering most of the major brands.
Has thanked: 0

Postby Skywalker7 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:39 pm

I ride the 2020 CF Raptor LTD which is only differs in color design as far as I know from the 2019 model. It is a very nice performance freeride board. It does have a fast rocker line and a light crisp feel due to the carbon. The normal raptor has a bit more rocker but I prefer the LTD. No Idea about the Naish Monarch.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:53 pm

Ive had both. The problem w the raptor is the wind range. You'll need a lot more wind than the monarch. The monarch is so flat that it works as a lighter wind board. The raptor will be a little easier to ride but won't perform as well as the Monarch.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:16 pm

Also, the monarch is just such an awesome board. haha I have no idea about the raptor.

TBH and in response to McLovin...I think few people own both.

Return to “Kitesurfing”