Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone Edge v11

Forum for kitesurfers
Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Edge v11

Postby Havre » Mon May 02, 2022 3:55 pm

That is cool. My Enduro 12m is a bit of a nightmare at 30 knots - and I am 100kg+- (not the most skilled rider, but I do like to ride with power).

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Edge v11

Postby Havre » Tue May 10, 2022 12:49 pm

Received my Edges at around 15:00 yesterday and was on the water at 17:30 :D

I'm not a very good kiter so don't want to give the impression that I know a lot about the subtle details between kites, but first impression was great (only used the 13m).

Not a fast turning kite of course, but a lot better than the Rebel I have ridden earlier (I have never tested the Rebel SLS - so that might be as good or better). Felt really fast in terms of speed - so very easy to get up to speed if you want to load it hard for jumping. A lot easier to keep the pressure in the harness when jumping than the Enduro. Extremely stable canopy - better than any other kite I have ever ridden. Not the ridiculous yank you get from the Rebel, but the float felt great when jumping - and in the smaller sizes I could see this kite being amazing to jump old school with.

So basically as expected - and based on that first impression a great great kite for heavier riders wanting to jump "old school" (I love my Enduros, but they are in my opinion more suited for riders at 80kg and less - or something). As mentioned I don't know the Rebel SLS (or XR7 or Orbit), but vs. the "normal" Rebel it gives you a bit more turning speed, but slightly less yank (I love the Rebel yank, but I "longer term" I would probably prefer the more smooth jumping, relatively speaking, you get from an Edge).

I was the only one in Norway who pre-ordered the Edge v11 - so if you see an Edge v11 on the water in Norway be aware that is probably an unvaccinated kiter riding - so keep your distance :D
These users thanked the author Havre for the post:
Archer77 (Tue May 10, 2022 4:31 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

Return to “Kitesurfing”